“Clean, efficient, but some quirks”

Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice clean hotel, typical of Sheraton. However, if you are one of those folks who carry a cell phone or lap top/tablet, you have to move furniture in your room, then unplug a lamp or clock to find a plug to charge it. If you are an early riser - like many travelers who are coming from eastern time zones, the restaurant does not open until 6:30 am and the coffee shop does not open until 7 am - so you can't get a coffee until 8:30 am eastern time. These two quirks are enough for this road warrior to avoid it for my upcoming Phoenix trips.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar, one wing of the hotel is close to loud traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveRoadWarrior

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I returned to the Sheraton Crescent, once again, to celebrate my Birthday. When I walked in the door, the staff recognized me immediately from last year. That was very exciting!! I was there for eight lovely days. My room was neat and very clean. This is always important to me when I travel. Not to mention the comfortable king sized bed and huge balcony facing the mountains. And the Club House was definitely a BONUS I truly enjoyed.

My stay was all I expected and more. The staff is very thoughtful and full of wonderful surprises. Although I traveled alone, the way they treated me, it's like being HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

I would like to thank The Entire Staff and Management for going out of their way for making my stay an OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE once again.

I truly look forward to seeing you all the next time I'm in Arizona.

Thank You So Much!!
Peace & Blessings,
Nina Wilson

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

With the location of the Crescent hotel it makes it perfect for anyone doing business in the area. I come here once a month and it's always a great experience. The staff is great and always professional. The club lounge is nice when you need breakfast quickly and the bar is always fun to meet different professionals. I highly recommend this hotel if you are doing business in the North Phoenix area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotels can't afford to look dated. This one has been updated ; is contemporary and comfortable. The service in the restaurant is incredibly slow, but the food is good and arrives at the right temperature. There is a well appointed workout room (best accessed from outside) and a pleasant terrace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amherstgal
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Professional staff at this older Sheraton property. A bit noisy, I could hear the nearby highway from my room. Perfectly clean and well maintained, but definitely a dated interior. Fell like a throwback to the 80s. Pinky/peachy 4x4 tile in the bathrooms; plastic "globe" style faucets, etc.The room did feature a newer flat-screen TV and the bed was quite comfortable.

Traveling from the east coast, I was up at 5:00am. No coffee to be had for purchase as nothing was open until 6:30 or 7am. Sheraton should consider putting complimentary coffee in the lobby.

Nice, relatively modern fitness room, that was only lacking a TV that could be viewed from a treadmill or other piece of equipment.

The bartender who served me on Monday night 10/1 was outstanding and went out of his way to take care of me as I plugged away at my computer at a table in the corner of the lounge.

Due to its unusual location, I would most likely not stay here again. It was not terribly close to my office in the PHX area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bobeana
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Bobeana,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are always accepting of our guests comments on where we need improvement. Please know that I have shared your concerns with our team and we are using them as a learning tool to improve for our future guests. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Should you change your mind on staying with us, I am confident we can exceed your expectations. Hope to see you soon.

All My Best,
Penny Heudorf
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our son & daughter got married outside at this hotel & most of the family stayed here for the wedding. The wedding was awesome & they bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect. The setting for the wedding outside was gorgeous.
We have stayed at the hotel a couple of times since the wedding and the service there continues to be some of the best we have ever experienced, even from much fancier hotels. They treat everyone like royalty, with outstanding courtesty by everyone who woks there & an attitude of doing anything they can to make you feel welcome & pampered. I didn't rate the spa because we didn't use it, so I can't say what it was like, but if it is anything like the rest of the hotel, I am sure it is superb!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank theflagstafffort
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

theflagstafffort,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very fortunate to have such a helping staff on hand. They do all they can to make our guests feel and home and I am glad to see that this was the case during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Penny Heudorf
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our annual meeting is supposed to be 'special' - state and national elected representatives meeting their constituencies, a celebration of accomplishments, a good meal, and most of all, a function that attendees go home telling their friends 'you really MISSED something - I'm going back next year, and you should too!'

The entire staff contributed to make this event memorable, and what could have been 'problems' were turned into mere 'temporary inconveniences'. Special recognition goes to Jocelyn Meesenburg, without whom our special needs might not have been met. Her willingness to work with us from the day we began considering the venue deserves a special mention.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends