“Outstanding staff”

Ranked #62 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I would have rated this property with five stars however, it is in desperate need of a face lift. The hotel is dated so for that reason I can only give four stars. The best part of staying at this hotel was the friendless and attentiveness of the staff. As a platinum spg member my family and I were upgraded to a two room suite. Mike checked us in and patiently answered all of our 21 questions. He recommended restaurants and provided us with directions. We dropped our bags in our huge two room suite with a panoramic wrap around patio deck.. We then payed the club lounge a visit before it closed. We had the place to our selves so the service was outstanding!! Jessica was beyond friendly and overly accommodating. The snacks were also quite delicious, the only negative is there was no complementary wine. The breakfast in club lounge wasn't so impressive limited selections. Room service breakfast was wonderful, Lounge food was satisfactory. Parking is free and convenient, pool has large water slide and a spa. The property is quite the distance from downtown although, there is restaurants and a theme park all in walking distance. Overall great service..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

IntergritySanDiego,

We are very pleased to have an amazing staff here at the Sheraton Crescent, thank you for recognizing that. I know they will be pleased to see your review. We agree that we are in need of some renovations, and are in the process of doing what we can do get that accomplished. I thank you for your review and hope we are able to welcome you back to the Sheraton Crescent when you are in our area again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel itself was super clean, however, our room was dusty and the walls and furniture were old and stained. Also, the balcony needed major attention. The staff was a 10 from start to finish. The "Sheraton scent" was so overpowering that several of us felt ill.

• Stayed: July 2012
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Kdpennies,

Thank you for providing your feedback. Please know we take your comments very serious and use them to learn what areas we need strengthening. I have shared your review with the staff and we are working diligently to correct the situation. I would like to extend my apologies for your encounter with these issues. If you would like to discuss them further, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope we are able to make this up to you the next time you are in the Phoenix area.

All My Best,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Sheraton Crescent was the perfect destination for my getaway with my teenage nieces! The rooms were spacious, the pool was generous, the slide was a blast. We even played volleyball in the sand court after one of the security attendants was nice enough to get a volleyball for us.We were well taken care of from arrival until our departure. Jorge, thanks for driving us to the mall so the girls could shop, Tamra and Michelle for the nice treat when we returned, Jose for taking pride in his work as he set out breakfast in the club lounge. It was delicious! Sarah was very pleasant at the front desk. Thank you everyone!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are nice!
1  Thank Dolly H
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dolly H,

Your kind words are very much appreciated. I have passed your comments along to our staff and I know they will be very pleased to read them. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful staff who take pride in their work everyday. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights while visiting family in Phoenix. It was a nice hotel with good service and great amenities. The rooms were clean. We liked the cold fruit water in the lobby every day. We also enjoyed the water slide and the pool. They have tennis courts, a volleyball court, and a basketball court. They will loan you equipment at the front desk. We did not try the restaurant but had drinks and food in the bar and it was good. It is also in a good location because it is close to the highway and close to a mall and restaurants within a short drive. I would stay here again.

Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

PlanoTexasMember,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We are always pleased to hear we are meeting/exceeding our guests expectations. We hope to be welcoming you back the next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Director of Sales & Marekting

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My Wife and I were in Phoenix, AZ for my Law School Final. We are Hilton Loyalists, until we decided to stay at this Sheraton. The staff was very accommodating and the service was truly exceptional. While at school studying and taking my final, my Wife stayed at this hotel during the day. The staff made every effort to make her feel welcome, and made the Hotel Van available to her. With the staff and service experience we got at this Sheraton, my Wife and I are starting to rethink Hilton and Sheraton being our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the upper floors have less A/C unit noise."
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerald L

Gerald L,

Thank you for your kind review. We are very thrilled to hear you and your wife were well taken care of during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

All My Best,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

If anyone is looking for a location for a grand wedding in a resort type hotel in the middle of urban Phoenix, look no further than Sheraton Crescent! The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are lovely! And the staff there is amazing! Ask for Jamie Jones to be your event coordinator there and you will be in excellent competent hands! My wedding met some huge last minutes snags and Jamie was there to not only support me through a very stressful time but she was an excellent problem solver. She went the extra mile for me. I know she was super busy with other clients but when I met with her, every time I felt like I was her ONLY client. She was never too busy for me. Because of her and the rest of her team, my wedding went on seamlessly. All our out of town guests said they enjoyed their stay there and took advantage of the pool and tennis courts and lounge area to relax between the wedding events. I can't say enough good things about the hotel and the staff!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Farrah K

Farrah K,

We are very happy to see your wedding went well. Jamie is an amazing associate and we are very lucky to have her on our team. Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day and many memories for years to come. We wish you the happiest of marriage! Thank you for your wonderful review, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding in the garden area of the hotel. It was such a beautiful area, and the service was outstanding! We greatly appreciate our wedding\event coordinator Jaime Jones, she went absolutely way above and beyond to do all that she could for us, so we could have the most beautiful, memorable day of our lives, and it was exactly all we dreamed of and more! She absolutely deserves a raise, promotion, anything she wants! We love you Jaime, and the Sheraton crew who helped on our big day!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank khalidx2

Khalidx2,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are very appreciative of it, as well as Jamie. She is a wonderful part of our team and we are very happy to have her. Thank you for allowing us to host your "big day." We know how important it is to make sure everything goes flawless and I am very happy to know that this was the case on your day. We wish you a very happy marriage and many happy memories, thank you again for allowing us to be a big part of them!