“The best resort ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersBronze level
“The best resort ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my wife have just spent the best six nights ever at the Royal Palms Resort. The location was idyllic, the property superb, standard room georgeous and service was outstanding. The bellman were the most friendly, knowledgable and helpful guys I have ever seen, management shoud be very proud. Our room was maintened superbly with evening turndown an added bonus. We had our honeymoon in St Lucia last year and never imagined that anywhere in the USA could be as relaxing but ths has proved us wrong. Absolutely fabulous - Thank you Royal Palms!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjwiggans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Couldn't ask for a better end to a two week vacation for my husband's 50th. This hotel exceeded expectations in every way - you could sense the old-world inspiration in the design of the original owner, and the subsequent modernization has not ruined that charm, but enhanced it. The staff were unpretentious, helpful and very friendly, and the food was delicious. The happy hour in the lounge was excellent, with gourmet appetizers that were to die for. Only wish we had had more time to enjoy the property!

Room Tip: We stayed in casita 132 which was very private and lovely, yet close to everything on the property...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henkapini
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I understand that not all experiences will be the same; however, for my wife and I this has been one of the greatest we have had - and we have had many. The Royal Palms will not be just another check on the list of resorts and get-a-ways we have had, instead it will become a fairly frequent "Good ol' Reliable" to which we return again and again when in need of exquisite scenic beauty and the utmost in relaxation. The service was an inspiration and we couldn't have asked for more out of our stay. While we had a nearly flawless time, I have no doubt that if real issues did arise (as happens in life) - that the Royal Palms would not only rectify the problem, but go above and beyond what would be needed to please all involved. My only complaint was that we had to leave. If only we had a few more.... weeks.

Room Tip: The Montavista section was perfect! The courtyard was great for both solitary relaxation or light mi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joshua n
Bonsall, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have stayed in hotels and visited spas around the world. Although I have been called a snob, I like to think I have a taste for the finer things in life, and have a healthy discrimination against hotels that cost an arm and a leg, but do not deliver. On the other hand, I have a special appreciation for a place that lives up to its expectations. The Royal Palms in Phoenix is such a place. From the minute we pulled up in our rental car, till we pulled away four days later, we were treated as VIPs. You can tell the staff at the Royal Palms enjoy working there because they always have a smile on their face, and they never give you the begrudging response I have received at other hotels when asking for this or that. The pool is immaculate, pool bartendars fun and energetic, great workout facility, great location, incredible food, and fantastic spa. I loved my room and did not want to leave. I had a beautiful view of Camelback Mountain, and a lovely tub (even a view from the tub). Bottom-line, it was worth every penny and is currently my favorite hotel in the world.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Kobe hot dogs at the pool with a pina colada. Make sure you bring your hiking shoes for Ca...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MCAND32
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great service, beautiful place, staff will go out of their way to make sure things are special and you feel welcome. All the amazingness of a luxury resort with the better kind of service you usually get with a smaller boutique hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Allison_Hua
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

The reason my wife and I love the Royal Palms so much is that it's so quiet and relaxed. If you want the hustle and bustle of a big resort, go elsewhere. We love quite late-night swims in the pool. We love wandering the grounds and making friends with a local cat. We love walking along the lush walkways to the lounge for cocktails. We love sitting on our private patio in the evening and listening to the birds. We especially love the so very comfortable rooms. We sleep better here than we do anywhere else in the world, including our own bed.

The service is always top-notch, from the friendly parking attendants to the front desk that sent us an anniversary plate of goodies. Any time there is even the slightest glitch, they fix it quickly. We've stayed here three times and each time has been perfect.

We will be coming back again (and again).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank csyetman
Stratford, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Palms in May 2012 for a long weekend with my sister. We were completely blown away by the service. Everyone at the Royal Palms treated us like royalty! The grounds were gorgeous and the pool was awesome and we loved that it was open 24 hours. The pictures of this place don't do it justice. T. Cook's, their restaurant, was delicous and their Sunday Brunch was phenominal. Needless to say, my sister and I decided we'll go nowhere else during our annual weekends away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CeeCee1102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,566 reviews
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Palms Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!