“excellent”

Residence Inn Phoenix
Ranked #106 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had an excellent experience here. the room was clean and the staff was friendly. Also despite being next to the highway the noise level was not that bad at all. This place is excellent for families as well because there is a pool and a playground on property. Like many reviews before have mentioned this place is in a relatively shady neighborhood but don't worry the staff controls safety and security at all times. I would also recommend this hotel to business travelers as well. While we were there I observed a good mix of families and business travelers. For some people this might seem s a little out of the way and getting to the hotel can be tricky till you figure your way around but don't let that detour you from staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review on Trip Advisor! We know you have choices when staying at hotels in Phoenix, so we ae thrilled you chose to stay with us! Hopefully we see you next time you are in town! Thanks again and take care!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Phoenix

Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are looking for a great place to stay near Phoenix Metro Center, this is it! The neighborhood is a bit shady, but the Residence Inn has managed to isolate this property from the surrounding troubles. You will enjoy your stay here.

First, it is in a somewhat seedy part of Phoenix. I wanted to go for a run in the mornings, but found that I was a bit unnerved about leaving the property on foot and by myself. Not only is the area not set up well for foot traffic, but it's not exactly the safest place to be. There are plenty of streetwalkers, meth-heads and "will work for food" folks in the immediate area. I'm not judging them by any means! It just is what it is.

This Residence Inn appears to have been a former apartment or town home complex, as the layout is like no other hotel I've seen. This actually was one of the things I liked best about the place. My room (a King suite ... studio edition maybe?) was great. The bed was comfy and clean. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances (a first that I've seen in any hotel), and the A/C worked wonderfully. Phoenix's hard water takes some getting used to, but the shower was still nice and hot.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The front desk folks were always smiling and courteous. They even gave us some cookies on our arrival! The cleaning crew did a great job keeping the rooms spotless. When we needed something from maintenance, the front desk would notify them immediately, and the maintenance man would appear within just a few minutes.

The pool here is great, but my favorite amenity was the lounge/fire pit area. It was great to be able to sit out there at night with my associates around a gas-lit fire pit. The outdoor furniture was clean and comfortable. They strictly enforce the 10PM closing time, as maintenance would be out there padlocking it at 10:03PM, so make sure you get your swim and lounging in early. A side-note about the pool: if you are traveling with kids, know that there is not a kiddie pool option, and the pool's depth is 4' to 5.5'.

Breakfast was good and a step or two above your average continental fare. One big complaint of mine, however, was that the silverware was NEVER clean in appearance. I ate at least 4 meals there and usually had to pick out 3 or 4 of each utensil before I could find one that wasn't spotted up. We're not talking your average tiny water spot. It sometimes appeared as though milk or something similar was splattered on them. I'm sure it's just a rinse cycle weakness, but they probably should at least wipe everything down before putting it out.

The manager's reception (a.k.a. free dinner) was good too. My buddies enjoyed the free tap beer. It only runs on Monday through Wednesday, though. There are several great options to drive to, but again, don't walk anywhere. I know a few dudes walked to Bobby Q's (which they said was great), but that'd be your only on-foot option. You can drive a short distance and get to a multitude of other fine options (I'll review those as well as I get time).

All-in-all, I think this hotel is a great choice if you're looking to stay in the Phoenix Metro area without breaking the bank. Our business took us into downtown quite a bit, so the easy access to the interstate was a bonus. I only stayed for 5 nights, but if I'd been able to stay the full 2 weeks that some of my associates stayed, I know I would've continued to enjoy this fine establishment. I know I will recommend this as the place we stay again if we get back out here.

Room Tip: If you get a spot at the back of the complex (near the Motel 6 end), you shouldn't hear traffic...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank clkend

Thank you so much for your very extensive review of our property. We strive each and every day to make sure the hotel and service are to levels unmatched, so we always appreciate the recognition of a job well done. We hope to see you the next time in Phoenix, thanks again for staying!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent property. Friendly staff as well. The room was completely renovated and had everything you would need for a few days stay. I met my sister there who drove down from the grand canyon. I chose this property because it is close to the airport (for me) and easy access back on to the 17. Excellent breakfast. There is a Sprouts grocery and Walgreens about a mile away. The neighborhood might not be upscale (like Scottsdale) but it sure met my needs (close to the airport and on the 17).

Room Tip: A room at the back away from the freeway made for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great review on Trip Advisor! We know you have choices when staying at hotels in Phoenix, so we ae thrilled you chose to stay with us! Hopefully we see you next time you are in town! Thanks again!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We chose this property to be close to relatives we were visiting and had a good 2 night stay. It took a little getting used to the one-way frontage roads to get to the hotel. Our 1st floor room was good, clean, and away from the highway so quiet. The breakfast area could use some expanding for a property so large. It was always very crowded and tables not always available. The food was great and staff tried very hard to get everyone taken care of as fast as possible. Most Residence Inns have a social hour Monday to Thursday but this one did not have Thursday so it was a little disappointing that we had to go out again for a light bite to eat after driving most of the day. It is in a perfect area to get to many things without having to go through downtown Phoenix and as we were heading further west when we left it made our morning drive easier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I have reviewed your suggestions and as always will continue to put them into ideas or training opportunities with the staff to continue to make our hotel the best of the best. Thank you again for staying, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 9PM after a loong drive.
We were staying just 1 night and our needs were simple ... a comfortable sleep and good breakfast next morning.

Location:
The hotel is located north of phoenix (we chose it as it will be closer to our destination next day - sedona). Hotel is right on the freeway, however the approach to the hotel is not straightforward ... or atleast thats how our GPS took us! The neighborhood didn't feel exactly "nice" per se but we didn't care as we had no plans of walking around at night.

Rooms:
- We booked the 1BR suite and it was very good with a well-equipped kitchen, small dining table, big fridge, sofa and comfortable bed.
- It was the first time we stayed in a suite and this looked like it had everything.
Although we didnt use much of the kitchen.
Residence inn will be our top choice if in future we plan to cook during our vacation.
- The hotel was very clean room, sheets and furniture
- The bathroom was equally neat with clean shower and fixtures, towels were clean and new enough
- No noise issues at all from neighboring rooms.

Food & service:
- They had a smallish reception area and the breakfast area felt congested during the next morning as we were in a hurry to eat and leave.

One complaint ... I had booked this hotel through priceline and the money was paid for before my arrival. Even then, they had this weird policy of putting some temporary authorizations of 10$, 20$ on two of my cards ... I had to wait almost a week checking my statements everyday. Finally they went away, but was irksome for me.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying here.
For the amount paid, it was total value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel overall! We hope to see you next time you decide to come to Phoenix, we would love to have you back! Take care and see you soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I ordered a one-bdrm suite, and found the living area really claustrophobic. The living area had been renovated with a new modern-looking seating arrangement that was too soft and generally uncomfortable. The mattress was awful- too soft. The worst thing was the new light switches (not all of which worked) that had a motion sensor to shut lights off automatically. Which means I couldn't leave a light on in the bathroom for nighttime because it kept switching off. I cancelled my last 2 nights and left after only one night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Binyamin8
Joshgarcia, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for reveiwing our hotel on Trip Advisor, we appreciate the feedback any way we can get it! I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory, we have recently went through a renovation which was focused primarily on the comforts of home that we felt the guests would enjoy. As we try and satisfy all guests needs with the upgrades in rooms, we do understand we missed the mark with you so for that I am sorry. The lights are actually adjustable in the rooms if you wanted to leave them on at all times, our maintanence staff can change those at any time during your stay the next time you hopefully choose to stay with us. Once again, we appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and the 2 bedroom loft was no longer available. They put us in a 2 bedroom suite instead, which was even better. We were traveling with my elderly parents and it allowed us to stay close to them and still have privacy. The room included a nice living room where we were able to visit with some family in the area. We ate breakfast outside on the patio area (very nice). At night we sat outside near the fire pit to visit with more family. It was very relaxing and a nice atmosphere. The room was decorated beautifully. It felt more like a condo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

First off, thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! We always appreciate feedback in regards to the hotel and the staff/service so thank you for taking the time! We are very glad you enjoyed your trip to Phoenix and most importantly we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We really hope we see you again the next time you visit Phoenix, thank you again for your review!