“Loved this place”

Ranked #5 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Highland, Ut
“Loved this place”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had never stayed at a Drury Inn and Suites before and were delighted with the accommodations not to mention the value for the money. The room we had on the 5th floor was immaculate and beds and pillows very comfortable. It felt like a more expensive hotel as the staff treated us like VIP's from check-in to check-out. It appeared they couldn't do enough for us. There was a nice evening buffet included in the price of the room plus a delicious buffet breakfast in the morning. What more could one ask for. Oh wait, they even provide soft drinks and popcorn midday if you need a little snack. They shuttled me back from turning in my rental car and to the airport the next morning and were concerned about making our stay the best ever and they did! If all Drury Hotels are like this one, I'll be looking for Drury Hotels everywhere we travel. Booking this hotel was a homerun. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelguy25_67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Can't be beat for overnight airport stay. All the amenities one could want for a short stay. The staff was above average in friendliness and courtesy. Happy Hour with hot food and cold beverages, expansive breakfast buffet...hot popcorn in the lobby....all included in room price. The room was very nice with an outdoor balcony...the view was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mlounc
toronto
Reviewed April 15, 2014

this was a great deal for the price!! I read the reviews on here and decided to give it a go. first off the airport pick up and delivery was flawless..when I got to the hotel check in was swift and pleasant and I was presented a voucher for 3 free coctails to go with the free evening hot buffet..the buffet was adequate and tastey for what I needed .. the room was a huge one bedroom suite and was very clean and comfortable..all that for 104.00 wow apparently the breakfast is good as well they were just setting it up when I had to go and it looked quite nice

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank horseshoeking
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

After being amazed with the Drury Inn in Orlando, I decided to stay here to test the consistency of the brand. This Drury Inn delivered. Same smiling, attentive, and friendly employees. Breakfast & Kickback were both excellent. Architecture is different than standard Drurys. Room wasn't the biggest, and not all of the TV channels are in HD, but the room was very clean, even in the tricky areas.

What made this hotel special for me was that when I departed and had arrived at the Phoenix Airport, realizing that I had I forgot my bag that included valuable electronics, I had to frantically call the hotel to see if my bag hadn't been stolen yet. Not only was the woman at the front desk able to handle my hyperventilation and panic with the skill of a 911 dispatcher, the hotel staff was able to retrieve my bag from my room and get it onto the hotel's next airport shuttle and get it to me in quick enough time in order for me to make my flight. I feel as though this review isn't enough to thank the kindhearted and hardworking hotel staff.

Staying at this hotel is a correct decision. It would be a mistake not to stay at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Forrest V
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Very good mid range hotel. Suite was big, perfect for us and our 3 kids. It had a pull out sofa and we added a roll away bed so that all 3 kids could sleep in the TV room and mom and dad had the bed in the bedroom all to themselves. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Even picked me up at the car rental center after I dropped off in the evening, then rode us to airport in the morning. Made it much easier than having to deal with returning the car early in the morning. Hot breakfast and evening hot food and drinks a big plus.

Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Never stayed in this chain before. Chose it because of Trip Advisor reviews. Wasnt' "wowed," but wasn't unhappy either. Business vibe, a bit sterile, unwelcoming in decor. Certainly convenient to airport. Quite spacious, very clean king suite room on 5th floor with nice balcony and great views of Phoenix. Enjoyed having coffee on balcony in the a.m. Didn't care for the lobby or breakfast area, and the breakfast food was "blah"; we had cereals. Staff certainly nice enough. A bit overpriced I'd say.

Room Tip: You will hear jet noise from airport. Also, located in corporate park, only a waffle house nearby...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loretta S
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing to be our guest at the Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport and for taking the time to share your feedback. My team and I are pleased to hear that our goal to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations along with friendly service was achieved, and that you enjoyed our balcony and convenient location. I am sorry to hear you did not care for our breakfast, and appreciate your comments, as we will use them to help improve our product and services.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel If you would like to let us know what items you would like to see added to our breakfast buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, bagels and assorted pastries. We are always testing new items and looking for ideas.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs!

Keith K.
Fukushima-cho, Japan
Reviewed April 5, 2014

If you are looking for the airport hotel at Phoenix,
I recommend this hotel. Quite comfort and had good time there.
Offer shuttle bus of course.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends