WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #3 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Arizona
“Love this hotel, especially with my dog!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed at Drury's from one end of the country to the other. This particular hotel was amazing. Clean, inviting, friendly. The room was spotless, as usual, and the staff were very friendly and helpful!! My dog loved it too. She's become quite the Drury regular. Not a lot of dogs at this particular hotel, but as always, she was welcome. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one April night after landing late at night in Phoenix. The hotel is close to the airport, easy to find and in a safe location. The staff was helpful and friendly while the room, hotel and grounds were clean and well maintained. We enjoyed a restful night's sleep. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was yummy and filling with lots of choices from muffins and waffles to cereal, eggs and biscuits. Everything at this Drury was wonderful. We highly recommend staying here!

Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Needed a place near the airport. Great location for that and excellent service with their shuttle. Very large and open atrium off of which are all of the rooms. Room very nice, clean and spacious. We had a balcony which was a nice touch. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast did not start until 6AM but we were leaving before that. They put all of the cold items out at 5 which was great.
One major complaint. There were several VERY loud people within a few rooms of ours. There was yelling and violent door banging and music ALL night. Some of the stuff going on was actually frightening. Also, the openness of the atrium allows even minor sound to carry. The part that bothers me is it did not appear the management even tried to do anything about the noise. There were several other guests having breakfast with us and all were commenting about no sleep due to noise. I know the management knew about it because they apologized for the noise in the AM!! The apology was nice, but I would have preferred sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JCDoug1
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay with us and all the hotel had to offer. Your stay was during a motorcycle rally here in Phoenix and we had a large group that were participating in the rally and needless to say, they got a little carried away. We do apologize that Friday night was noisy. We had extra staff members on hand to help deal with that factor as well. We talked with our guests on Saturday morning to let them know that this issues had been addressed and there were be no noise or problems that night. We hope you continue to choose Drury Hotels because we do take our guest comments to heart and keep striving for excellence.

Keith Kirk
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Sorrento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are, in my opinion, no cons for this hotel. It is beautiful outside and inside. The lobby is warm and inviting. The staff, especially Jessica, are kind and extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious as are their bathrooms, and their amenities are awesome. When you Stay at the Drury Inn and Suites, you get a full hot breakfast, complimentary popcorn and soda until 10pm at night, and they have what they call their 5:30 kickback, which includes appetizers, and a small meal, as well as, 3 cocktails(containing generous amounts of your favorite alcohol). This is all inclusive when you book with them. This hotel is awesome, and I just wish they were in New England, as I am from Maine, and feel this hotel would make an incredible weekend getaway. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to phoenix. You will not be dissappointed, and if you are, then there is something wrong with you.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are good.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Drury for 3 nights...it was the nicest experience I've had in a hotel in a long time!! The staff was very well trained, extremely courteous and friendly. The Hotel was clean down to the corners!
There were plugs on the lamps on the walls...enough for everyone and conveniently placed.
The breakfast was wonderful, and so was the evening food and drinks. This place actually cares that you are a happy guest!!
The room itself was very clean and comfortable, with great lighting, comfortable beds and lots of pillows! Can't wait to stay in another Drury hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet. Could hear people in the hall at normal times, but never in the adjacent r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stopped at the Drury Inn for only one night at the beginning of a short tour. I chose it because of its proximity to the airport as I would be arriving at about 3 am my time. When I was driving up to the hotel (which was very easy to find and only a very short drive), I was a little concerned about its proximity to the Freeway as I needed peace and quiet. I neednt have been concerned. The hotel was very quiet. The room was large enough for a huge bed and a large sofa and the bed was extremely comfortable. I heard no noise from my neighbours. The room was very clean.

Breakfast was included and at the rate I was paying I did not expect too much. But that was a pleasant surprise too with plenty of variety and a very charming lady serving the coffee. The reception staff were also very welcoming and helpful.

I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Arrived at PHX at 7:14am after a night flight from Maui and was able to check in at 8am and get a top floor room and even enjoy their wonderful breakfast! (Scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, hashbrown potatoes, sausage patties, make-your-own waffles, crockpot of oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar & granola, plus your regular cereals and juices and coffee). Our 2 queen beds room was quite spacious with comfortable mattress and good bed linens too! Nice work station with good lighting and a flat screen t.v. too. The bathroom was very roomy with lots of counter space. We are not really fans of the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner wall mounted in the shower, but that was the only negative for us. Drury has a "kick back" from 5:30pm to 7:00 pm and the night we were there they served baked potatoes, meatballs, pasta with marinara sauce (though the sauce seemed dried up), hot dogs and buns, salad with dressings, raw VEGGIES & dip, chips and sales. Also free soft drinks and 3 alcholic drinks per adult guest (you are given a card for these at check-in). Since we did not have a rental car and there were no restaurants within walking distance the "kick back" was great for us! Our shuttle driver told us this Drury had been a Radisson until two years ago. Our night here was $97 for AARP rate. This was our first time at a Drury Inn and I assure you, it will not be the last!