“Great Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We booked a double queen room for a two night getaway over a school break. I figured being near the airport we might be able to see some planes and my 7 year old would love this. When I made the reservation on line I asked for airport view if possible. About a week before our stay Mr. Kirk called us and offered to upgrade us for free to a 2 bedroom king suite with a terrace and views of the airport. The suite was wonderful. The queen sofabed was very comfortable for the kids and we enjoyed having our own room and a huge bathtub. We didn't end up with a terrace, but it was a bit chilly, so don't know how much we would have used it.

The staff there was always helpful and friendly. The food for breakfast and dinner was enough for our needs and very tasty. My only complaint about the evening kick back is the only drink options are alcohol or soda. My kids loved that they got to drink soda but I would have preferred them having the option of juice or milk.

We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a pleasant, well run hotel. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We watched the breakfast staff deal with a very low key, but difficult client at breakfast and they did a very good job. The room was comfortable, clean and modern. It is close to the airport, but NOT walking distance to any restaurants. There is a breakfast available in the morning and a waffle restaurant just outside the gates, but one has to drive or take a taxi to get to dinner venues or other activities.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

2 star price for a 4 star room! With breakfast and dinner thrown in for free - albeit on polystyrene plates which, as a European, came as a surprise but seemed pretty normal to my American colleagues.

I couldn't fault the bedroom and bathroom, clean spacious, comfortable with free wi-fi. Congratulations to the hotel team for such a great facility. In addition the reception staff and the free shuttle bus were great as well. Will definitely return here when I am next in Phoenix on business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We arrived early evening from UK with tired children. I had booked a room with two Queen Beds, but we had been upgraded to a King suite with a sofa bed, not ideal when their were four of us travelling. Keith Kirk,the General manager, did everything he could to help and in addition knocked a decent bit off the bill. Breakfast was included and was very good.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Every year our organization moves its annual conference to a new location around the country. Last year our hotel and services were a nightmare. I did not hold out hope for anything better this year... WOW! This hotel was wonderful! The staff went way beyond the norm to meet our every need. The service, ammenities and surroundings were worthy of a much more expensive hotel. The rooms were large and comfortable. The beds were comfy (but a little soft) and the rooms and bathrooms were immaculate.

I do have two very small gripes about the Drury Inn. First, when I made reservations I was told they were out of rooms at our conference rate/size and was offered no discount on another room. They pushed me into a suite at half again as much. I felt this was handled poorly and almost felt manipulated. The room, however, was wonderful and overall I was happy to have it. Second, the hotel has very bright spotlights aimed at it. These lights were so blinding you could not use the balcony in the evening or even have the curtains opened without the spotlights blinding you. The evenings were so lovely, I would have liked to have sat outside on my balcony.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Phoenix. If I come back, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and were very pleased and impressed. It is a few minutes from the Airport,and a short easy ride to downtown Phoenix,and other attractions in the area. Very clean hotel, Mr, Kirk and his staff were all very friendly and courteous,made us feel welcome and just not another person to fill a room. Enough choices for breakfast, free popcorn + soda after 3p.,evening "kickback" session a good way to relax! We will use Drury Inns in our future travels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, it was clean, tasteful, in good repair and the staff was friendly. We stayed 6 nights, and by the third day, we were pretty tired of the breakfast and happy hour choices, which didn't change. We thought we were getting a king bed room but had been given two queens. No adjustments were made. Then I asked at the front desk for a chair...anything...a folding chair or whatever...because we had a little terrace and I wanted to sit outside. I was just told NO...we don't do that. On the other hand, when I asked for some earplugs (since we were conveniently located next to the laundry room on the 4th floor), Iris actually found me some! Loved Susan, the evening person/bartender...she was great (and makes a mean martini). Nice little workout room and pool, good location for going places, but noisy on our side of the hotel (being next to the freeway). All in all, it was pretty good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We appreciate our guest's comments because it allows us to improve our service and our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and am grateful for the honest feedback. Each one of our terrace rooms is designed for one chair and it should have been already there, so I apologize for this not happening and we have already corrected the issue. Addressing guest needs and concerns is our highest priority as we strive to continue to be the hotel of choice for travelers coming into the Phoenix area.

Keith Kirk