“Great value”

Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown
Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Cons: The area isn't the greatest. I wouldn't walk around the hotel, as there's not much around, but I felt safe in the hotel. The dinner was nothing special. I'd recommend eating elsewhere. The pool was FREEZING. Even in 95 degree weather, I couldn't swim.

Pros: We stayed here because we had a coupon, and the value was unbeatable. The hotel is comfortable and clean. Because we drove everywhere, it wasn't a big deal that it wasn't in the heart of downtown. If you just need a place to sleep, I recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 5CC5

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and inviting. The entire staff were very nice and polite. The breakfast was very good and everything was included. Overall, we had a very good experience and well worth it for the price. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ana S
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This Hotel seems to have a lot of potential for greatness but falls short in too many areas. When decided which Hotel to choose what drew me in were the pictures of the beautiful waterfall pools. The "Waterfalls" were never on during our stay. I inquired to the front desk clerk and was told it has to be turned on by maintenance but with only 2 + hours left before the pool closed, he wouldn't call. He just said they should be on tomorrow.....which of course, just as the day before, were never on. Our friend climbed up and could see mold at the top of one of them so maybe its a good thing they didnt turn them on. The rooftop pool was also closed do to leaking?? We had reserved 2 other rooms for our friends to join us. Both of those rooms AC's were hardly working and during the night one of the AC units leaked water out all over there floor. Both rooms were hot and muggy. Our AC was fine. Also, one of the 3 rooms refrigerators also wasn't working and therefore the food had to be thrown out. The included breakfast was good. The Sleep Number beds and bedding were nice and room was cleaned very nicely. At check out, when asked about our stay, our friends nicely let them know about the A/C units and Fridge issue and it was just a "Sorry about that, can I offer you a water bottle"? Hmmm, sounds like she cared about as much as the clerk the night before regarding the pools. Seems like with some good management, and some repairs, it could be a very nice Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for rooms with rooftop pool access unless you call and see if it is even open. A...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gigijack
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We held our company recruiting event here, and we were all impressed by the set-up and customer service that the Phoenix Place provided. From the Catering Manager, to the Front Desk personnel, to the bartender at the restaurant...their entire staff did an excellent job with accommodating us. Their support made our recruiting event look professional and credible.

They were easy to work with, and went above-and-beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. Their customer service was top-notch!

Excellent job Phoenix Place staff!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelo P
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had 2 of the "King Deluxe" rooms, and they were comfortable, clean, and very nicely furnished. Everything we needed was provided. The lobby, Front Desk, and the adjoining Restaurant/Bar was cheerful and inviting, the food was very good and reasonably priced. Breakfast was delicious, free, hot/cold buffet, displaying everything you might want to eat or drink. A park like courtyard, pool, a family having a party, Happy hour in the Bar, the yummiest "Summer Salad" served for $5.00. A short walk to the Light Rail Train and to a Huge Walgreens store. Very convenient free parking garage!Friendly, helpful staff, from General mgr. to....(karla, front desk greeted me by name, 2nd day)..In a nice, business area, it was quiet for the weekend? I highly recommend this place for business, long term, a get away, family reunion,etc. I am going back!

Room Tip: My room was 4th floor, near elevator, as I requested. It was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana G
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I reserved a room and checked into what appears to be an old classy hotel. I used Travelocity to book my stay. This hotel is not a three star pleasure cruise. It is 1 star maybe 2 star if you can get a room that isn't dilapidated and dumpy. After I checked in... I was given a disgusting room with soiled carpets, horrible bedding and the AC did not work. The room, carpets, bedding and furniture were absolutely disgusting beyond compare. I left the room and told the desk clerk that I wanted a better room. They put me in another room that was just the opposite... WOW! Can a hotel really have scummy rooms and then some okay rooms? YEP! You found it. The pool? Forget it. The parking garage, look out! The rugs? Forget it! The old school ice machine on the third floor next to the old school soda machine doesn't work! I met a fellow looking for ice with a an astonishing look of horror and rage on his face. What is good about this hotel? Apparently they have so many sub standard facilities and rooms that you can't believe your eyes until they put you in a decent room. I guess that's decent. DON'T book here unless you need to take pity on an old school dumpy hotel trying to look good. What else is good? Because it's so dilapidated and run down very few folks are staying here, so its quiet! Have fun in Phoenix.

Room Tip: Take the stairs (elevator is quirky) and don't settle for a dingy room, and don't plan on sw...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank frank m
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had been on a trip all over Arizona and had stayed in several hotels none of which were very good on price or comfort. This hotel had both the rates were great and the hotel was nice and comfortable we all had a great rest and really enjoyed ourselves before we had to go back to work. Very friendly staff as well along with a pretty decent breakfast buffet all included in a great price. The rooms were really comfortable including the sleep number bed and the pillows were awesome. Great location to get anywhere in Phoenix in a fairly short amount of time.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family