“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!”

Ranked #59 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
connecticut
“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My name is Diane, my brother and his wife and myself stayed at this hotel in May 29, 2013 for 4 nights. First of all I need to mention Danny, professionalist was above average. When we had a complaint it was immediately resolved an as always with a smile. The next front desk person was alexia very professional jump on an questions or concerns me an my family had. The Bar tender Brian was a delight and he makes the best virgin strawberry pina collotas. The rooms were clean, bright, sound proof and comfortable. above all I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. ps it is also in a nice location with the light rail which only costs $4.00 for an al day pass and $2.00 one-way pass.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff was unfriendly from day one and we were there for three nights. The hotel itself was not very clean looking and neither were the rooms. They only left 2 towels when most hotels leave about 3 or 4. One of the rooms we had had bedbugs so we had the rooms switched and we checked those beds.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank cry4me11

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Sandy
Reviewed May 29, 2013

First- walking in after a long day of riding on our motorcycle from Utah..the floors were FILTHY!!
Then when I tried to go swimming (they said the pool was heated) IT WAS FREEZING cold!!! I couldn't even enjoy a swim-the weather was hot enough, but the water was still too cold-and the pool was dirty .Also every lounge chair at the pool was ripped and broken-you couldn't be comfy on any of them,you would be laying on hard bars-they need new poolside furniture!! All the guests were complaining!!! After our first night there we had picked up snacks to eat and had filled the little trash cans, so the next day we were out of the room until 1 pm-no one came to clean it, or to give us more towels-we had none left!!! I called the front desk and asked if they would clean the room? The guy said yes-but NO one came!!! The just put a bag outside the door with a couple of towels in it! We had no place to put any more trash...I understand most places do not make the bed for a 2 night stay-we were ok with that, but we still had trash and needed towels!
The Breakfast buffet was ok, but the workers very unfriendly. It almost seemed like no one liked working there. It was the weekend staff..not sure if they were new or hated working weekends? Then the next day as we were packing and leaving a maid comes up at 8 am to clean the room..a day late and a dollar short.
To me it seemed the hotel must have changed ownership since the hotel sign was cloth hanging out front. It is also by an Adult Book Store-kind of scary to walk around at night.
I will say the workers were nice enough to let me go next door to Holiday Inn to get in their hot spa-which my body needed after riding all day!!! And the grounds were kept up very nice....just needs updating and regular work rules. and most of all-don't say the pool is heated if it is just by the sun-doesn't work-if the hotel is not paying to heat the pool and it's May it is still too cold!! That was the 1st lie, the 2nd was yes- we will send someone right up to clean the room, as we sat there for hours and no one ever came till the next morning....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzy Q
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was highly disappointed with my recent stay here. Please head the prior comments about the place being Dirty. The hotel lobby looks like this was the only area that was actually remodeled. Every other area looked like it was refaced or resurfaced by a handyman. The guest room and hallway carpets are absolutely filthy. My room had a flat screen TV But who cares when your blankets are worn, frayed and dirty. Chipped, cracked ceiling and carpet that looked like it hasn't been cleaned in years. I checked out earlier than anticipated. The hallway furniture had urine or water stains on cushions. The overall decor, look, feel is something you'd expect from an hourly motel that was priced at $29.99. Not worth the value and the pictures are deceiving and misleading. Stay at the holiday inn next door which is brand new and priced fairly and accurately.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Honestnfaircritic
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful, but not always knowledgeable. Room was comfortable. Food at the restaurant was good. The courtyard is very pleasant and the pool is nice.

But there are areas which need improvement. It looks a little rundown. The carpets were stained in the room and the public areas. We couldn't control the air conditioner: either too cold or too hot, and very noisy. No newspaper. No information in the room about the restaurant, the pool hours, the TV channels, etc......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Claude Z
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

One thing I noticed is how dirty this place was. The service is not the best. The staff don't care about the guests. They don't even make the effort to please you. The gym equipment didn't work. The fountain in the pool wasn't on for whatever reason. The daily breakfast made up for all negative things about this place. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have stayed here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank iel0820
Radisson_City_Center, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of The Phoenix Place Hotel. We have taken great strides in all aspects of our hotel. I know you find that the hotel is very different from your stay in October 2012. We would be excited to have you give us another chance.

Please feel free to contact me during your next visit to Phoenix.

Nick Thompson
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We traveled as a family for my son's wedding coming from California and New York. Between the wedding party and our family we reserved ten rooms, The reservation staff housed the majority of the family and wedding party on the same floor. They cleaning staff made beds every day, despite the chaos in rooms which was used for makeup and hair preparation and two busy toddlers. The rooms were comfortable, but don't expect the Sleep Number bed control device to work. The breakfast was adaquate. The pool and courtyard area is a great area for a family gathering. And the hotel staff was very accomadating in helping us set up our family reunion. We all had a great time at our stay and it is due in large part to the wonderful staff at the Phoenix Place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family