“Great Place and Great Staff”

Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown
Ranked #59 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Wellton, Arizona
“Great Place and Great Staff”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Since my last review I have been back at the Phoenix Place and let me tell you what my experience was: First of all when I checked in I had lost my voice and the staff was amazing like always they got me into my room fast and then I when I went to the restaurant the waitress Emma realized I couldn't speak and before she even came to my table she brought out a Hot Tea with honey and lemon and she kept them coming while I had my dinner not only that she made sure I had one to take up to my room for the night I was there for 1 week for training and she did this every day I was there.
Regarding The breakfast staff it has improved greatly and since I stay at this hotel I feel I can say that honestly. The breakfast bar has always been good I would have to say the waiter in the morning makes sure I had my coffee and he knows how I like my biscuts and gravy so he made sure there was fresh biscuts on the bar when I arrived not only that he remembered that my boss likes salsa with her meal and he just brought it out to our table without us even asking which was nice. Regarding all these complaints about the slip of paper he puts on your table before you start complaining about something you don't know about ask and you will find out that he is not doing it to get a tip like so many of you think he has to do it so the hotel one knows how many guest eat the breakfast and from what room the breakfast is free and if they don't have enough people who dine in the morning it could be taken away did you ever think of that no you just complained.
Regarding the front desk staff like always they are great except when there training a new person so just have patients she is learning. They gave our requested rooms away by accident and the manager Nick like always got us straighten around and close to where we would of liked to be the new girl is learning cut her some slack I did she is new after all.
In closing I will again say this is a great hotel with great staff and I will continue to stay there. I hope this review is helpful .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed May 6, 2013

For the past few months I have stayed at this hotel every Tuesday and Wednesday night as I travel to the area every week for classes. This was the third or fourth hotel I tried in the Phoenix area and I have to say I cannot complain one bit. The hotel is centrally located, super close to downtown, right by the light rail, and close to the freeways. The staff is always very pleasant and super friendly. The hotel has free breakfast, and it's not just continental. Has eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy, some of them come with sleep number beds. There is a rooftop pool, and a ground level pool with waterfalls. There is a small gym with cardio equipment and weights. The room rates are very affordable and I fully recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: There are ice machines on every other floor, so if you prefer to have one, ask in advance!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
NYC
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We traveled from the East Coast to attend a wedding in the Phoenix area, and decided to make this hotel the main lodging area for all family members traveling from out of town. I also reserved a Cabana Suite that had direct access to a pool that was not in operation. Although we were not notified about this even at check in, the staff was accomodating especially Danny, the day service rep. Despite the few negative incidents, a good time was had at the main pool and outdoor recreation area by all family members who stayed at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if the Cabana suite pool is operative if that's what you want.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2013

For the very affordable rate we received, this is a great hotel, centrally located to many bars and restaurants. Complimentary parking, a fun pool and outside area and bartenders who know how to mix a good cocktail. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant lounge area needs a face lift. Appearances did NOT affect the libations though. I already submitted a review but wanted to add a photo of the wonderful Manhattan I was served. Ok I didn't meet the minimum word count... Hope this works!

• Stayed April 2013
California
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and found it to be adequate. My room was clean and well stocked. Overall the hotel shows its age and some wear. I felt safe here and did some walking around the area in spite of some of the other reviews. I ordered a Manhattan at the lounge and was very pleased. The food was good and reasonably priced. Sure got better treatment here than across the street at Alexi's Grill.

I will be back at the end of the month and definitely plan to stay here again.

Stayed April 2013
binghamton ny
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently stayed 6 nights at this hotel. It is very close to the light rail that allowed us to go the Chase Field for 3 games and to Tempe to hang out. Hotel is clean and I found the hotel staff to be polite+helpful. Complimentary breakfast is served each morning. The quality is ok but it is the same each morning. Changing up the items each day could have improved the rating. Price was reasonable for a downtown hotel; watch for the best rates. Overall, hotel served its purpose- clean and the nearness of the light rail to get to baseball stadium+ basketball arena make it a decent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends