“Friendly, Clean and Central.”

Hilton Phoenix Suites
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Boyle
“Friendly, Clean and Central.”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I was passing through Phoenix last week and stayed at the Hilton Suites. I am a Diamond member of HHonors. The hotel is a Hilton Suites hotel which is a brand of Hilron I had never stayed in before. Basically it's exactly the same star rating level as an Embassy Suites hotel.
The hotel itself is located about an 15-20minute taxi journey from the airport (about $25). When I arrived it was obvious that the hotel was not busy as all the central areas, lobby etc. were completely empty. I got my room key and after a quick burger at the bar, with a really chatty and friendly Bob, I went to bed for a sound nights sleep.
The following morning at breakfast, complimentary to a Diamond member, I met the GM who offered to drive me to Biltmore shopping mall using the hotel minibus. This courtesy was also extended to me later on in the day when I visited the Heard Museum ( a must see thing to do in Phoenix).
I found my stay in the hotel to be ultra friendly, very quite and with a good location if you have business downtown. It's not the Ritz but it doesn't claim to be. Everything I came across was fine. I would recommend it to others. However if you are a leisure traveller Scottsdale is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 5, 2010

The hotel itself is fine -- we have stayed here before and liked it. Last night, however, there was a very, very loud private party and disco taking place in the Atrium. The front desk staff did try to help and managed to get the music turned down a little, but the noise level still made work/sleep impossible. There is a cut-off of 11 pm for events, we were told, but if (like us) you want a quiet evening and/or an early night, you would be well advised to check if they have any parties booked before making a reservation here. Recheck the day of arrival too, since we were told that they could be last minute bookings for events. It's presumably a business decision on the part of the hotel to allow loud events and deal with complaints from guests after the fact, so those who like quiet hotels should definitely beware.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
JayAnderkinGM, Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Thank you for staying with us. Again, I'm sorry that this stay was not equal to your past visits. Our wonderful atrium is very desirable for events and just sitting around and relaxing. It's awesome to have a space like this to utilize and enjoy. I'm sorry that the event last Saturday was disturbing to you. This was the only event this entire Holiday Season that we have booked that will run past 7:00PM. It's very unfortunate that this effected your stay. I do try to manage and even limit these types of events to not impact my Hotel Guest's experiences in any way. I was on property for the entire evening. With the exception of only a couple times a year, our events are after work reception type that flow into the Restaurant and Lounge Area and go without notice or disruption. Again, I'm sorry this was not the case for you last Saturday. I hope you will contact me directly so we can further discuss this experience and resolve this to your complete satisfaction.
Jay Anderkin
Hilton Suites Phoenix
Peoria, IL
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Very comfy and attractive. Staff great. If you aretraveling with your dog, like us, there is s nice park one mile away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed four nights in October 2010. The rooms are suites, which wasn't really necessary for us but nice none the less. The bathrooms were really big and clean. The beds were the best part, I want one in my house they were so comfortable. The girls at the front desk were really helpful which was very much appreciated. The shuttle service is very convenient - we took it to the Suns game and then again to Hard Rock one night. Great hotel and I would not hesitate to go back! Oh we also had room service which was delicious, and breakfast at the restaurant one morning. The buffet pancakes ddn't look amazing so we ordered them off the menu and they were much better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Hmmm.... Where to start.

Arrived late from Dallas and intended to stay over the wekend as part of 10 day business trip. Checked out after one night. Why - because:

Phones didn't work properly; live bird in the Atrium when I had breakfast - not very hygienic; parking a way from hotel and route to hotel badly signed (very subdued lighting around hotel at night); room smelly and despite being non-smoking seemed like someone had smoked in it; smoke alarm in bedroom set off when I had a shower and wouldnt go off; Noisy (despite being on 10th floor in Rm 1020, due to proximity of road; most of the pages missing from the room service menu.

On the plus side, the staff were friendly and helpful. This place needs some TLC and management guidance...

And how many US hotels make you pay for parking!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Stamford, CT
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The place isn't awful, it's just not good.
First, the whole lobby smells like a pool due to the water features that are in the 15 story lobby that all the rooms surround.

The rooms are nothing better than rooms at a courtyard marriott.

The internet is an additional charge, and SLOW as Dial Up!

Parking is an additional charge! ...You're 5+ miles from downtown Phoenix, and you Charge for Parking?!?!

Lastly, BOTH the shower and the sink were INSANELY slow to drain, very gross!

I would not stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!

Despite it's convenience to businesses in the area, stay some place else!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FairfieldCounty83
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. I'm sorry that you did not care for the hotel and encountered a few challenges. If you allow me a few moments I would like to address some of the items you mentioned. In regards to the Parking Charges, we lease spaces for our guests who use parking. For your convenience, we charge your folio and pay the parking garage owner on your behalf. About 40-42% of our guests arrive by car and use our structure; therefore, including or hiding this into everyone's room rate just doesn't seem fair. We treat our Internet charges the same way. As you may know, all Diamond and Gold Hilton HHonors Members receive Free Internet. The slow drains in your suite should have been identified prior to your arrival. I hope you let us know and we were able to quickly correct this oversight. I'm very sorry you experienced this. Again, thank you for your review, we respect your opinions and now have your information that will help us create an opportunity to improve.

Jay Anderkin
Hilton Suites Phoenix.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I chose this hotel as it was close to the light rail, making it easy to get to the hotel from the airport. I was really surprised when I got my room as it was an actual suite, which I hadn't expected. I went down to the hotel bar on my first night as I didn't want to dine alone and I thought it would be good to chat to someone. Jamie at the bar was lovely and super friendly and I was able to order a restaurant meal at the bar. Carly the manager and the reception staff were really helpful when I was trying to sort out Grand Canyon tours or when I needed a cab called.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business