Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I chose this hotel as it was close to the light rail, making it easy to get to the hotel from the airport. I was really surprised when I got my room as it was an actual suite, which I hadn't expected. I went down to the hotel bar on my first night as I didn't want to dine alone and I thought it would be good to chat to someone. Jamie at the bar was lovely and super friendly and I was able to order a restaurant meal at the bar. Carly the manager and the reception staff were really helpful when I was trying to sort out Grand Canyon tours or when I needed a cab called.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 3, 2010

I love this hotel. Every time we need to stay near downtown Phoenix, this is the property we choose. The rooms are spacious. The beds are so comfortable and the black out curtains so effective that my husband and I slept later than we have in years - heaven! When I left a brand new bottle of facial wash in the shower after we left, the hotel located it and sent it to my house via UPS at no charge. I had the item one day after checking out. That's what I call service. Not fond of the indoor swimming pool, but I like the modern feel of the hotel and the fact that it's within easy walking distance of Phoenix's metro line. The koi ponds and water features in the lobby are a nice touch, and seating for breakfast is located around these ponds. Bartenders and front desk staff are incredibly friendly, and you can't beat the free shuttle to U.S. Airways Center if you're in town for a concert or game.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel while my husband was a patient at St. Joseph's Hospital, nearby. My room, cleanliness of the room, the front desk, the shuttle drivers, all get an A+ from me. Everything was positive except: the food in the restaurant was dreadful. I ate dinner one night, not good at all. Plus the bartender was tending bar and serving dinner. (Maybe it's a Phoenix thing, but I don't like to be called "sweetie." I felt like I would need help crossing the road, plus I find it rather offensive. ). I had the breakfast buffet one morning, and everything was cold, the only pastry available was one of those cheapie things like a rock and no taste. The thing that bothered me most was the internet service. In the office center, it was $5.00 for beginning service, which did not work. In the room it was $10. a day. I find this outrageous, since wi-fi is free everywhere else. Would I recommend this to a friend. Yes, for sure. It's a very lovely hotel. Just don't eat there or use their internet service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Okay hotel. Nothing that great, nothing that bad. Never could get room cool enough to sleep well, but then again it was Phoenix in June.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Staying at the Hilton Suites was a very pleasant surprise. Normally, I've found Hilton hotels to be underwhelming and overpriced but my stay here was different. The desk at check-in was friendly and pleasant, and helpful throughout my stay. The entire hotel is situated around a large, covered atrium which made it feel larger than it actually was. The rooms were impressive. There was a combined small kitchen area and living room, and a sizeable bedroom. The living room and bedroom had two regular size flat screen TVs. The bathroom was a little small but only slightly. The breakfast buffet in the atrium in the morning was fine, although unremarkable. Overall, it far exceeded what I expected and although it was slightly more expensive than a normal Hilton, it was well worth it. Frankly, better than many pricier hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2010

A colleague picked the Hilton Suites Phoenix for our stay to run a class at a nearby location. Check-in was smooth and easy; some Hilton locations offer free WiFi for frequent-traveler-program members; this one doesn't. My room was spacious, quiet (never heard a peep from neighbors, and I know a lot of rooms were booked that week), and had all the amenities I needed. Room service was swift and friendly, and checkout was smooth and easy. It was a very convenient visit!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank CastaLusoria
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed here recently for several nights. We had to change dinner plans one night on very short notice, and the very young desk staff (early 20s) couldn't recommend a single "fine dining" restaurant. Also, a call to housekeeping regarding a lost item reached voicemail, and my message wasn't returned. I was also surprised that the hotel charges $10 a day for wireless access. The facility was fine, but we learned that staying in downtown Phoenix is not a good idea, since there's no central area in which to walk around, and the whole town shuts down around 9 PM.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Encanto
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Camelback East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)

Address: 10 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012-3114
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Encanto
#16 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#25 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#31 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: $187 - $379 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) 3.5*
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city's midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Relax in a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect for families or business travelers. Amenities include complimentary WiFi, sofa bed, wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave and 55-inch flat-screen TV. Stay active with a workout in our fitness center or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. Stay productive in our business center or host a meeting or special event in our 2,100 sq. ft. flexible event space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix