All reviews light rail front desk indoor pool breakfast buffet heard museum parking garage shuttle service business trip convention center room service free shuttle rooms are large chase field pleasant stay would stay here again excellent stay enjoyed my stay
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here driving from tucson with 2 toddlers and a baby in the car. The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms are super clean, and the housekeeper was very polite for working a night shift. What i found ridiculous was paying the money to stay here, finding out that they dont even have free wifi, AND they charge for every 24 hrs.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Monica S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Vanessa E,
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry that we didn't offer to have you sign up for our complimentary Honors program to get the complimentary internet. If you would like to contact me I would be happy to sign you up and refund the WIFI fee.
Monica.sanciprian@hilton.com

Reviewed July 16, 2018

The hotel is located in midtown which is probably an area you’d only stay in for a conference or work. There are a few eateries within walking distance but not many decent choices apart from Durant’s. A light rail service to downtown, the airport, Tempe, and Mesa is available opposite the hotel which is handy and only costs $4 for an all day ticket.
I requested an early check in but that was available as there was a maintenance issue with my room. No welcome pack was provided as a Hilton member either. My room was a good size with a separate lounge and bedroom. 2 large TV’s, fridge, safe, and coffee making facilities. No free water was provided. Wifi was free and decent speed.
The bed was very comfortable but the traffic noise throughout the entire night made sleeping near impossible without earplugs even from my room location on the top floor.
The hotel does offer free drinks and nibbles from 5.30-7.30 which was appreciated. Breakfast was included and the selection was pretty typical of a Hilton chain. I also ate dinner in the hotel and the food was pretty basic but ok.
My major gripe apart from the traffic noise and somewhat poor location was the cost of nearly $400 a night which was bordering on obscene. I’m unlikely to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Hunstow
Humberto G, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to provide gracious, engaging and caring service and try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Humberto Garcia
Front Desk Supervisor
Embassy Suites Phoenix Downtown North
humberto.garcia@hilton.com

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Upon arrival after being on the road for 8 hours I was unwelcomed and disrespected to the point of feeling discriminated. My reservation was changed without notification and I was informed I was hearing disabled; which I am not. After searching for my confirmation of the correct room, the two male staff stated to each other

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank elizabethdeluna
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Pros: Great breakfast, large rooms, comfy bed, fitness center and happy hour. (Bartender more helpful than front desk.) Free shuttle to nearby locations (NOT free to/from airport).

Cons: website and confirmation email do not state one has to call hotel for airport pickup (at other airports it's not necessary to call). Not knowing this ended up in me waiting 1 hour in 110° heat before another Embassy driver alerted me to this.

AC limited to 65° but that really means VENT temperature, apparently. The ROOM temp was 80°! Maintenance looked into the issue and simply left a card saying temp at the vent was 67°....room was still 80°. Therefore I figured out the override they should have performed themselves so the rest of this week won't be so uncomfortable.

Ice machines on all floors except one were dead in the water.

If my opinion changes by end of week I'll write another. Otherwise I'd stay here for convenience again but I'm not so impressed as some others.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Monica S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Hello Cherry,
I am so disappointed to hear about your experience, unfortunately, I think you might have the wrong location. Our property does not have a shuttle at all. After your message our Engineering team went and tested all the ice machines, We reviewed our logs and we have not had any A/C issues reported either. I hope your stay gets better, If you would to reply with the address you are at I can relay your dissatisfaction to their management.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We were in town for the USA Baseball Event the past few weeks. This property on 10 E. Thomas Road was the best Embassy Suite we've stayed at in our travels. 30 minutes to Peoria, 15 minutes to Sky Harbor, a tram ride to Chase Field, and travel to surrounding towns was a breeze.

The room, the bathroom and appointments were clean. We noticed how comfortable the bed was. Breakfast in the morning was great, fresh cooked eggs/omelette station is available, the variety of breakfast meats was great. The staff kept the items replenished and the cleanliness, again was present. The happy hour from 6-7:30 was good as well, free drinks, chips, veggie sticks; same offering except they did change up the dipping sauces (hummus one day to nacho cheese).

There's an adequate gym on the first floor, laundry room on the 2nd floor ($2/quarters, ask for change at the front desk), enclosed pool area, tram/trolley on Central which is a two minute walk. Across the street is a strip mall of convenient take out or dine ins (Panera, Subway, Smoothie King, Chinese restaurant).

Overall, enjoyed the stay and the cleanliness of the property will make this the first option when I visit the Phoenix/Scottsdale area for a sporting event. Of course, there are higher end resorts but if the purpose is not full-on vacation, then this is a great option.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family