Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We had our firm's holiday party with the Hilton and it was fabulous! The setting was beautifully decorated for the holidays and the staff was on-point and well organized before and during the event. We will definitely use them for events throughout the year and no question where we will have our holiday party!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2009

Good Hotel, food, gym, swimming pool

helpful staff

free shuttle services

very good location

reasonable price

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 30, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton Suites Phoenix for one night in late October, while attending an event at the US Airways Center. I was overall quite pleased by my stay.

Our room was on the third floor, not far from the elevator, and was a nice big suite consisting of a front room with large desk, sofa, armchair, and large LCD TV, a back room with two double beds and another large LCD TV, and a large bathroom that had doors onto both rooms. The beds were comfortable, and the blackout curtains did a really good job shutting out the bright Phoenix sun if we wanted to nap - or sleep in in the morning. The bathroom had a good size counter, more than enough room to spread out. The one closet in the room was in the bathroom, for some reason (including an ironing board and iron, a robe, extra blankets). The towels were good, and there was a convenient makeup mirror attached to the wall. The one thing that seemed to be missing was a hairdryer. The front room was nice to have as a great place to hang out, and for me to work on my laptop after my friend went to sleep without bothering her. There was also a small minibar area with a fridge and sink (and possibly a microwave, but I don't recall). I spent quite a lot of time in the room and one thing I noticed was that it was very quiet - the sound insulation is great. I stayed at a different hotel before where there was an open atrium area and it was LOUD - everything echoed up through the atrium into the rooms - but in this hotel, it wasn't a problem.

The lobby/atrium area is this huge open area, with all the floors looking down on it, which is quite lovely, and has the Great American Grill restaurant and the Atrium Lounge located in it. The pool is in a separate room, with glass overlooking the atrium, and the small gym is located off the pool (I think you have to walk through the pool room to get to the gym). I didn't use the pool or hot tub or the gym, but I took a look around. The gym had what looked like pretty new equipment - a couple treadmills, an elliptical machine - all with their own TV screens attached, possibly a bike, some medicine balls, and one of those all-in-one weight/resistance machines.

I got breakfast at the Great American Grill - it was like $12 for an open buffet type breakfast that was pretty decent, though the pancakes and french toast sticks got hard as rocks really quickly. There were plenty of other options, though - oatmeal with stuff to put in it, cereal, with 3 different kinds of milk to choose from and cut up fruit you could put on top, toast, bagels, eggs, sausages (2? kinds), bacon, potatoes, and other cookied veggies and warm options.

The Hilton Suites is conveniently located very close to the Central/Thomas light rail stop, which is about a 20-30 minute ride away from the Phoenix airport (you take a shuttle from the terminal to the 44th and Washington stop), and only costs $1.75 one-way ($3.50 for an all-day pass). The light rail runs down Washington, through downtown Phoenix (right past the US Airways Center at I think the 3rd St/Jefferson or 3rd St/Washington stop), and then turns at Central, and goes up Central past the Heard Museum and the Phoenix Art Museum, to the hotel and beyond. There is parking at the hotel in the garage next door which I *think* you're supposed to pay for based on some material in the room, but which somehow we didn't get billed for. There's a small strip mall right across the street from the hotel with a Subway, Domino's Pizza, sushi place, and burger place, and then diagonally across the street there's a BBQ place and some other restaurant. A little further down Central was a Burger King, IHOP, and some other restaurants.

The service was quite good - I was able to get a late checkout time of 2pm quite easily, which was nice. There was a kiosk in the lobby where you can check in to your flight and print out boarding passes. Service was a little slow at breakfast since it was a buffet/seat yourself type thing - you just need to be a bit proactive about catching the waiter's eye. I didn't like that you had to pay for internet - I think free wifi should be standard. The hotel is also a little far from the US Airways Center (though the light rail makes it easier, the last light rail runs at 11pm, which is a bit limiting for events that run late).

Overall, I would recommend the Hilton Suites when staying in Phoenix, especially due to its proximity to the light rail, and its nice, comfortable, quiet rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank hardtosay
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We chose this hotel in Downtown Phoenix for a nice city lights view..... a mini vacation just to relax. This building is 11 floors and we stayed on the 8th. Very cool atrium and ponds in the lobby. In our room there was a mini bar with fridge, coffee maker and microwave. 2 HD lcd tv's.. one in the bedroom and one in the living room. In the Living Room there was a comfy leather sofa and desk but the decor left much to be desired as the walls had nothing on them. The bedroom was pretty perfect... nice decor and a very comfy bed! The bathroom was spacious and very clean, granite vanity and lighted magnifying mirror!

During our stay we had room service for breakfast... a bit pricey (about $50 for 2 people) but nicely presented and pretty good. In the room there is a pay per view type set up on the tv's where you have many movies to choose from and even games, we watched one movie that was still in theaters... I believe it was $14, pricey but was nice to just relax in our room. The hotel has internet available but at an extra charge and parking is in a neighboring parking garage and also an extra charge. There is a nice restaurant on the ground floor by the ponds (they delivered our breakfast). There was also a pool which was nice and clean but wasn't that big and was kind of awkwardly located on the ground floor lobby with nothing but a glass wall separating it from the neighboring restaurant dining area, gift shop and front desk

We had a pretty nice view of the lightning and city lights on the 8th floor but the side of the building we were on had a bit of a blocked view because of a taller neighboring building. Overall the hotel was nice and clean but a bit older and may have been going through some remodeling, we enjoyed our stay very much though and may stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SanTanArizona
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed here for just over a week with ten high school age girls participating in the Volleyball Festival. Not sure we could have chosen better. From the moment we checked in the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. They gave excellent recommendations for dining out with the girls, suggested various shopping venues (essential), shuttled us to and from local restaurants and the Convention Center, provided good breakfasts for the kids, and always had a cheerful word for us. The hotel is located very near to a Light Rail stop, central to most of Phoenix and relatively close to the airport. We'll be back. Thanks to everyone there.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I took the light rail to the hotel all the way from the airport. The hotel is located right across the street from a station.

The staff is extremely friendly. I enjoyed the company of the bar staff in the lounge (Brian and Bob), the front desk, and the morning breakfast staff were all courteous.

The hotel has a large atrium in the middle where all the rooms go around the outside. I was on the 9th floor and being scared of heights it was tough for me to walk too close the the railing. I literally hugged the wall.

The room had a separate bedroom and living room with a desk. The bathroom was very large and clean.

Breakfast buffet was $12 and you have to pay for parking and for internet.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Staying here to see a few D-Backs games and hang out with my dad for the weekend, couldnt have stayed at a better place. Check in, got an upgrade to a 2 room suite, super nice. Chris who drove the shuttle, he is a stud. Took good care of us, as did all of the staff at this hotel. Working at a 4 star hotel myself, this is the kind of service i would expect at my own hotel. Thank you Hilton for having an amazing staff and a great property to back them up!

• Stayed: May 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)

Address: 10 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012-3114
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Encanto
#16 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#25 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#31 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: $120 - $355 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) 3.5*
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city's midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Relax in a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect for families or business travelers. Amenities include complimentary WiFi, sofa bed, wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave and 55-inch flat-screen TV. Stay active with a workout in our fitness center or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. Stay productive in our business center or host a meeting or special event in our 2,100 sq. ft. flexible event space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix