“Room Service food - overall service”

Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Food was not freshly prepared. Had been prepared ahead and stored to the point of being stale at times. Service was very good. Service in the open bar/food area was slow. No airport shuttle. Local shuttle drives were great. Front door cab service was up-charged. Pool is directly off the main entrance and food areas - which is ok for kids and young folks but not others. Quick cab ride from convention center. The shuttle [only one] cannot handle speedy transport to convention center at peak times. Though the drivers tried.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your experiences. We wish all aspects of your stay would have been excellent and we’re very sorry that we failed to deliver on a couple deserved expectations. We will use the information you have provided towards our effort of continuous improvement. In regards to the transportation at peak times, I hope you were informed about the light rail service very close to the hotel, a very good attribute. It’s inexpensive and goes directly to the convention center and offers fairly convenient airport service.
Jay Anderkin

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel will treat you like family. Great smiles, great service, nice and clean rooms. Their shuttle service will take you were you want to go. Breakfast bar is large and good! Have a drink at the bar - always a fun crowd. And, I love your pillows... I almost stole one!!! :O

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

First off, I have read the previous reviews... I couldn't disagree more. The staff was superb (especially Bethany Maddux)... They added an additional room to our group's booking - Bethany even went so far as to make sure the additional party got the booking rate + a gift bag... And she didn't have too - they were jam packed... Certainly aren't hurting for business (which tells me my opinions are dead on)... To that end - the staff runs around constantly trying to ensure you are well taken care of. Try having breakfast and see how long your coffee cup stays empty --- it won't.

Location... Close to downtown; next to light rail; and a shuttle driver who constantly smiles. Again for business - what more could you ask?

Rooms... Ours were great... Lots of room - CLEAN - big tables in the room - phenomenal bedding - new Samsung televisions... Absolutely no complaints... In fact just the opposite

Value ... Shopped around... Probably the most economic hotel at this time of the year... Would we return: Yes - definitively - in 2 months with a group 10x bigger than this one... That's the faith we have in Bethany and this Hilton.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank VA2Fargo2VA
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I feel violated that my room was entered upon after I had the "Do NOT Disturb" sign on. I had valuables out because I was informed that if that sign is up no one from staff should enter your room. Management did nothing to make me happy or tell me why this was breeched. Very upset by this

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erica S
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

I completely understand why you were unhappy with this stay; but I can say with certainty that this incident will cause you no breach of safety. The Housekeeping Supervisor, an employee since the hotel opened twenty three years ago, made a mistake forwarding the wrong room number for a crib request. The service person did as they were instructed. No, it was not acceptable at this point to assume that the housekeeping supervisor had gained permission to enter your room. The person that provided the actual service should have questioned the instruction, she has been with the hotel over twenty years. I can forward my full confidence that your valuables and accounts are completely safe from this incident. I’m very sorry and I truly wish this had not had happened. I know the was a very unpleasant and unnecessary experience. There is no acceptable excuse for making these kinds of errors and assumptions. I assure you it will be dealt with appropriately at the hotel. I would welcome any further conversations you would like to have with me.

Jay Anderkin

Reviewed January 15, 2014

the beds were really bad and not in good location the room was small for 2 beds and the beds were very small for queen size. the price was so high and no free wifi in room. now days all hotels have free wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mahrokh S
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review about your experiences. I wish we could have been five stars on every aspect of your stay, no one strives to be just average. I appreciate your comments so that we can direct our future actions towards changing your opinions.
Possibly at design, the architects thought a larger bathroom was more important. I’m sure you noticed the spaciousness of our guest bathrooms. Our suites are 500 sq ft; almost twice the size of a normal hotel room. If you have the opportunity, I hope you will email me and let me know what suite you were in, I’d appreciate the opportunity to address the comfort of the mattress you experienced.
Regarding free wifi, we only charge those who use it instead of building this into everyone’s room rate. We do not charge for our business center use and wifi is free in all public areas. I’m sorry these services did not meet your needs. I assure you, providing wifi is not a profitable but necessary venture for our hotel.
I truly appreciate your time and business. Bottom line, we failed to completely satisfy you and I'm again sorry for that but appreciate the opportunity to address the items you have shared.
Sincerely
Jay Anderkin - GM

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I chose hotel for location. Room was super quiet and nothing major to complain about. But nothing to get excited about either. Bland Breakfast buffet. Overall the property feels "blah". Staff friendly but I'm still left with a big "meh".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffery H

Thank you for staying with us recently and leaving such a nice comment about the hotel staff. Also, I appreciate your comments about the breakfast buffet and your overall experience. The time you took to leave a review will not go wasted, we will use your comments as a tool to assist in our quest for continuous improvement.
Sincerely
Jay Anderkin GM

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Located in a pleasant and corporate area of town but with little else close by, apart from a few low key restaurants and a Starbucks across the road. It is just under a three mile/45 minute walk to the city/shopping area of town, although a free hotel shuttle bus is available for short journeys.

This is an older hotel but none the worse for this; and although my room (king suite) was a little dated, it was very spacious (three rooms in all) and comfortable, with all you need down to the kitchen sink and a microwave. The room was clean and well maintained, as indeed is the whole hotel. All staff came across as helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed.

The design is of an atrium style with the corridors to the rooms overlooking an internal central area, which is where the reception, bar and restaurant are situated. It works well and creates a spacious feel. Dinner was standard chain hotel menu stuff, but good quality and ok for what it is. The bar serves from the same menu as the restaurant and is a good option if eating alone. Bar staff are an asset to the hotel, friendly
and efficient.

A small pool, which I did not use as more for family relaxation than serious swimming, is adjacent to the atrium area as is a gym room.

Perhaps the hotel had a problem during my stay with the kitchen air extraction system, but from first entering reception, a heavy greasy cooking smell pervaded the whole hotel, so much so it stuck to my clothes. The same was noticeable again next morning and afternoon. This was my only gripe. No other reviewers have mentioned this so perhaps they had a problem just during my stay. As all else was positive this did not bother me as much as perhaps it could have.

Overall a pleasant stay in a well-managed hotel, nothing amazing, but a good choice and worked fine for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Encanto
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Camelback East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)

Address: 10 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012-3114
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Encanto
#16 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#25 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#31 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: $184 - $378 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) 3.5*
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city's midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Relax in a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect for families or business travelers. Amenities include complimentary WiFi, sofa bed, wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave and 55-inch flat-screen TV. Stay active with a workout in our fitness center or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. Stay productive in our business center or host a meeting or special event in our 2,100 sq. ft. flexible event space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix