“Perfect Spot for Work or Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Phoenix Suites

Hilton Phoenix Suites
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Richmond, VA
“Perfect Spot for Work or Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am just wrapping up a week of work in Phoenix and selected this location because of it's proximity to downtown convention center, sports arenas, & museums. It's right on Central Avenue (quick new public transportation to downtown - 5 minutes) and a few clocks from the Phoenix Art Museum and the Heard Museum. It's located in the trendy "midtown" area and has interesting local restaurants, bars, etc nearby. The hotel is quite nice - more like an Embassy Suites (open atrium and breakfast buffet) with full service breakfast/lunch/dinner and bar area. I especially appreciated the free laundry facilities on floors 2 & 11 as I was here for a week. Room and lobby are immaculate and the rooms have modern, luxurious decor. You are 5 minutes from the interstates to get to places like Scottsdale, and only 10 minutes from the airport. One observation everywhere in the hotel: friendliest staff anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was given superb service by a front desk staffer who goes by the name of Brady. I told him of my preference to have a room on the highest floor with a view facing the west. He not only selected a room of my choosing, but he also made sure that I would be able to check in early. He was very friendly and accomodating. If it had not been for him my business would have gone to the Ritz Carlton. Some of the front desk staffers were not friendly. They even made me feel like my business was not wanted. But fortunately for me, all it takes is one to make a difference!!!! My friend and I had a spectacular time. He has told me that he would come back to that facility in the future.

Room Tip: Bring some comforts from home. Candles, Wine and whatever you need to customize your trip to your t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels in Phoenix. The location is very convenient. When I fly into Sky Harbor, I don't want to rent a car. I can take the lightrail and the hotel is just a few steps from the Thomas/Central stop. You are greeted by an amazing staff who is always willing to take care of you. They do have a shuttle service, but I choose to walk or take the lightrail as I feel very comfortable walking in the area. I believe that this hotel used to be an Embassy Suites, so you have the large atrium and 2 room suites. They have a great fitness center and great sized pool. This property is excellent. They don't have an executive lounge, but Gold and Diamond members do receive breakfast vouchers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Expect to pay extra$$ for parking (didn't find that out until I checked out), very slow internet speeds and rooms are so dry, that you might get a bloody nose, a very dry mouth and sore throat when you wake up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I didn't find the front desk staff helpful at all. In fact, I felt they rushed me through the check in and didn't answer my questions. One of them asked me if I wanted a room on the "quiter" side of the hotel or a room with a view of downtown. I chose the downtown view. Well, our room was on the second floor, with a view of a car lot right in front of our room!
Also, we had to pay $11.00 dollars a day for parking and they wanted to charge each of us over 8 dollars a day for Wi-Fi.
The rooms were quite nice but the air conditioner sounded like someone was banging on a tin can all night. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to review your visit. I’m grateful that you have let me know about your experiences. Your check-in and noisy air conditioner will be immediately evaluated and any necessary corrective actions will be taken. Please know that the parking charges are paid directly to the garage owner, this is not a profit center for the hotel, we only pass the charges from the 40% of our guests who utilize the leased spaces. In regards to the internet, we do have free service in all of our public spaces, and we have a free business center. I wish these services would have been useful to you and added value to your overall experience. I’m very sorry that we were not able to completely satisfy you; we will make every effort to correct that.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Spacious rooms, great location, and a very nice breakfast buffet. Despite the non descript exterior and almost no sign, this is a great hotel for business. Rooms are very large, with a separate living and sleeping area.

Room Tip: Careful of the rooms on the X15 / X16 / X17 side on low floors, they are very close to East Thomas R...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton and were overall pleased with our stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was beautiful. Our parking fees were compensated for the weekend, and the food at the Great American restaurant was excellent, as were the servers. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were a little small, but comfortable.
The only complaint/problem we ran into was the bartender was EXTREMELY rude to us and several other guests that stayed here for the weekend. Apparently this bartender is also the "manager" of the bar. Apparently, there are several rules the hotel has about where you can enjoy a beverage, so instead of the bartender just telling the guests, he proceeded to just swipe the drinks off the table and after an argument guests were told they had 5 minutes to finish their drinks or he was" throwing them out."
During one evening of our stay, we took our kids swimming. The pool closes at 10 pm, however at 9:45 everything starts to shut off as almost an invitation to "get out". After we left the pool, my husband realized he left his cell phone on the table in the pool area, and the doors were locked, and key access doesn't work after hours. He asked this same gentlemen (the bartender) if we could get the door unlocked to retrieve the cell phone and he refused. He stated that no one in the hotel can open the doors. After an argument, a gentlemen who works with maintenance came by with a friendly nature and said he'd gladly open the door for him, which he did and he got his cell phone back. What was the big deal? I don't know!!
It's unfortunate that 1 person can ruin a stay at a hotel where the rest of the staff is so customer oriented and friendly. I would recommend staying at his hotel as everything else was great, just don't bother the grumpy bartender. On a lighter note, Josh who works the bar and restaurant was AMAZING! He was super friendly, and made a great night of fun for several guests. May I recommend Josh as your manager and get rid of the grouch with no customer service skills! Seems like a bartender would want to be friendly as typically your tip is based off of your interaction with your customers. Apparently not this guy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. Your overall remarks and rankings were very kind. The staff that assisted you will be very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the ones you have taken the time to mention. In regards to the negative event that occurred during your visit, I hope you will contact me and let me know what dates you were with us. As you experienced, this is not reflective of our hotel overall and I would really like the opportunity to appropriately address this matter.