“Overall Nice, but watch the extra's”

Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here on buisiness. Rooms are large and spacious and the property is well kept overall. Staff is friendly and accomodating. Beds are comfortable and everything was very clean in the room and around the hotel. Parking here was a bit of a chore. First, it wasn't free, and it took a while to find a valet to actually get the car. Internet service was also not free (I refuse on principal to pay for mediocre internet service at any hotel). Hotel is a few miles from downtown but there are many transportation options. Overall a nice hotel and I had a pleasant stay. I may look elsewhere next time due to the parking and internet issues.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The other reviews are fairly accurate. This hotel is close to downtown and a good choice for business, without the hassles involved in driving on the highway (traffic in Phoenix is surprisingly rough during rush hour). The neighborhood around the hotel doesn't have much to offer, and I wouldn't walk around after dark - you will need a car if you stay at this hotel, even with the light rail within walking distance. The hotel does look just like an old Embassy Suites - including the attrium open to the center, which was common with that chain. The rooms are a good size, over 500 ft, with a separate bedroom and living area. The bathrooms are large and there is a microwave and refrigerator in the room, which is very convenient. The hotel also has a good restaurant and bar. The folks working at the hotel were extremely helpful and very nice, which brings a lot to the table. It makes it much more enjoyable to stay at a location where the staff appears reasonably happy. The only downside to the hotel was that it appeared very dated and needing updating. This of course has everything to do with the Hilton Hotel chain and nothing to do with the staff at the location - again, they were very nice and they kept my room in top shape during my one week stay. One other point that seems to annoy some folks is that there is an $11 per day parking fee. As I was on business, it was not a problem, but if it was for a personal trip, it would have influenced my decision to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank USTravelera
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently. I really appreciate your honesty and we're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our property appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Although this Hilton isn't downtown, if you a HH Points traveler this hotel has a nice bar, restuarant and FREE shuttle service anywhere in the downtown. It's designed like an Embassy Suite hotel but it is not a reconverted. The Light Rail is right outside the hotel so you can get downtown to the Ballpark or downtown entertainment with ease. You can also take the Light Rail to the airport from the hotel. The rooms are suites so you can kick the kids to the couch and close off a bedroom if needed.

Room Tip: Can be a long way from the elevators if your a 11-13 room number.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

broken AC in phoenix!!!! i complained every single day but they couldn't fix it until day 4 of my stay when i involved the 800 hilton number and hotels.com. then the head of engineering could go flip a switch in the basement that turned off the heat and turned on the ac.

save yourself the hassle. don't stay here.

Room Tip: book a different hotel. ac does not work.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JamaicaNice72
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write this review and the other correspondences regarding your visit that you have shared. I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy the week you spent with us. Regardless of any excuse I can present, the bottom line is we’re in the business of hospitality and our commitment is to your complete satisfaction. Unfortunately the conditions in the Phoenix Area of 4 days with nighttime temperatures below 25 degrees are rare, and probably historic. The reason you found the end of your visit more comfortable are due to weather conditions; consistent nighttime temperatures in the 40's allowing us to turn the AC back on without having adverse affects on our system and other guests. I truly wish your experience would have been different.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Phoenix Suites for two nights in mid January. I had a King suite, and I payed $189 per night.

I enjoyed my stay, the suite was spacious with one king bedroom, a spacious bathroom, and a living area with a sofa, chair, and desk. It also had a small sink, fridge, and microwave. Bed and pillows were comfy, and I had a great view of the mountains! I ordered room service, and it came on time.

There is a breakfast buffet in the lobby which was pretty good, had eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes/waffles, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruit, baked goods, etc and was only $12. Not bad at all. The lobby area which has the buffet/restaurant is a beautiful atrium.

I enjoyed the location. It is located in the "Midtown" area of Phoenix -- largely business area. The hotel itself is located in a small business plaza, which I actually enjoyed as the immediate area was well kept and clean. Right next to the hotel is the light rail metro station. $3.50 gets you a day pass which will take you straight into downtown (only 3 stops away form the hotel) or as far as Tempe and Mesa. It is an enjoyable ride.

There is not much dining wise in the area, however there was a Starbucks, Qdoba, and a few other eateries across the street. Only downside: these establishments are only open on business days. Everything except the Starbucks was closed on Sunday, and has limited hours during the week.

All in all I enjoyed my stay, clean hotel, friendly staff, I was very comfortable. I will definitely return on my next trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

to exspensive for the quality of service. no free breakfast, wifi, parking. you pay this super high price and then they charge you for every little thing. the hotel looks as if were run by a group of young adults as we witnessed employees arguing and cursing around my kids. we also advised the front desk that we need a confirmation email but never received one. your best bet is too find another hotel or try and get some extra free services from them, other wise your better off staying at hotel 6. at least they give you free wifi and danishes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
JayAnderkinGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites), responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to review your visit. Your feedback is very valuable, but your complete satisfaction is what we‘re really after. While the feedback will help direct us in the future; we failed to deliver the value you were looking for on this visit. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Some chains include these services into the room rate - however we only charge the 35-40 percent of our guests who actually use our parking facility and in-room internet services. We do have a complimentary 24 hour business center and free wifi in all of our public areas. And if you're looking for more, we do have amenity inclusive packages and an industry leading loyalty programs that benefit many travelers like yourself. I hope you will allow me an opportunity to regain your business.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, we got a room with a conference table in it, and it was quite spacious. The toiletries were very nice, and the room was very clean. The hotel itself looks great, and my daughter loved the indoor pool, which finding one in Phoenix is unusual. The breakfast is very good, I have status with Hilton, so didn't have to pay for it. Wi-Fi is not included, but free for people with status.

The only complain about this hotel, is the fact that it has so many windows, that is very noisy. With all the traffic, I did have problems going to sleep. I didn't ask for another room, as I don't know if it would have made a difference. Just a warning.

But other than the noise, it's a great hotel, all the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley
Encanto
Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area
North Mountain
Comfort Suites Phoenix North
Camelback East
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)

Address: 10 E Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012-3114
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > Encanto
#16 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#25 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#31 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: $191 - $379 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) 3.5*
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city's midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Relax in a two-room suite with a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect for families or business travelers. Amenities include complimentary WiFi, sofa bed, wet bar, mini refrigerator, microwave and 55-inch flat-screen TV. Stay active with a workout in our fitness center or take a dip in the indoor heated pool. Stay productive in our business center or host a meeting or special event in our 2,100 sq. ft. flexible event space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Suites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix