“I hate this place - the quote on the 3rd day”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #140 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Edmonton, Canada
“I hate this place - the quote on the 3rd day”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

You know how when you're a poor starving student, you'll accept certain things - like generic macaroni & cheese; then when you're starting out you expect a little better - like brand name KD. Once you are established, its still nice to have KD, but you're much more likely to eat something else. This place is so generic Mac & cheese.
We too had the police out front the first night. The rooms were not cleaned and we had to beg for towels. The first day we went to the breakfast and didn't bother going again. The choice of Rice Crispies vs Froot Loops or day old muffins; I'd rather eat at Subway.
Everyone we talked to in Phoenix cringed when we told them where we were staying. I would've checked out if I would've got any money back.
I won't even go into the barking dog, annoying cat, yucky pool, noisy neighbours, rude/lazy cleaning staff, etc. - Pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank DBL_75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed November 7, 2010

friendly staff, nice clean room , comfy bed.. Nice continental Breakfast with hot waffles.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
flagstaff, az
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I made our reservation several months ahead for a king bed, non smoking. When we drove in; our first clue should have been the police car parked in front of office. We check in. We decided to go get dinner first and then go to the room. When we finally go the room there was king size bed, but the odor of cigarettes was unbearable; and we start to look around, theres stained ashtrays everywhere, carpet was horriable, dirty, stained along with the other furniture. There's no way I would have walked on the carpet for any length of time even with cambat boots on. We went to the lobby to possible get a different room; and we were told "NO" non available. Yet theres all kind of other guests checking in; and Oh more police cars. We asked one the cops if there was problems, and her response was; "Yes, all the time". The girl at the office; (which now the lobby was closed, you had to talk to her thur a double window hole) offered to come up to the room and "spray with a flowering room spray; "it actually smells pretty good" she said. Well, if you're a non-smoker you know floral spray and stale cigarettes odor do not do well. We asked if we could get our money back; they said no since we went thru Expedia. But if we decided to leave they needed to check the room to see if it was rentable; but we could not get our money back. At this point 11pm, we decided to just take our chances and find another room elsewhere. Luckily a block or so away we
stopped at Ramada; explained our problem to the manager; he gave us an amazing discount; and even offered to help us get a refund. Their room was so nice, clean, newly decorated, walk in shower, just really nice. Expedia would only refund one night; and gave us a $50 coupon. All is well as far as the money. But I would not under any circumstance recommend Days Inn Metro Center. Worst place we have ever encountered.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

El Paso
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Rooms were very comfortable, Breakfast had a good selection, awesome staff! I would have agree with the previous reviews!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My sister and I decided to book Days Inn Metro Center because of the overwhelming good reviews on here. We also booked it because it seemed like a good deal. How can you beat $32 a night?

We had to move from the first room we got because the air conditioner wouldn't work properly. It shut off and never came back on. The woman down at the desk tried to tell my sister it went off at regular intervals (I thought maybe it was a "going green" sort of thing, but it had been off a LONG time!). And it's funny how the air conditioner NEVER went off on our second room. So that woman obviously lied to us.

On the 2nd day, we were out of our room from 1pm-11pm. When we got in, we were surprised to see our room was never made. Nor did they ever offer us towels or anything during the duration of our stay.

On the 3rd day, we were woken up by a barking dog. That same night, a group of about 8 seedy people moved in on either side of us, and they were LOUD. They stomped back and forth on the deck until 2am. They were letting their 3-year-old run around on the deck at 2am too. Talk about great parenting!

On the 4th night, the noisy neighbors were still there. They were laughing and shouting, their kid was crying, their dog was barking.... and they all hung out on the balcony for HOURS doing god knows what. This went on from 5pm-12am. We finally called the front desk to tell them our neighbors were loud, and the front desk called to tell them to pipe down. Well, that made our neighbors get even louder. One guy even tried to open the adjoining door between the rooms and screamed as loud as he could. Needless to say, it was a frightening night.

I know the noisy neighbors aren't the hotel's fault, but you have to consider the sort of clientele this place attracts.

The next day, we'd had enough. My sister and I checked out 2 nights early. The guy at the front desk didn't care to ask why we were checking out early. If he had asked, we would have had quite a story for him!

We did, however, tell the story to our cab driver on the way to our next hotel. He told us that the Days Inn was in the part of town considered the ghetto. I appreciated his honesty.

Avoid this place... there are better options!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I liked the hotel mainly for the price. Not sure if it was an "out of season" price or not, but will check on this hotel first when in need. The handicapped room is a 1 king bed room. The bathroom is quite large with a folddown shower bench that is against the wall if you don't need it or want to put another chair in there. The room has an arm chair and a desk. The decor is nice and the bed has a pretty cover and a lot of pillows. The one thing that was a shock is I had to pay for ice. 25¢, but on the other hand, it allowed me to take all I want to pay for. It is close to a lot of shopping and dining.
There was some police incident both nights I was there last, which inconvenienced me because I couldn't park by my room. that was the only problem I had.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bellflower, California
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Again my stay at the Days inn Metro center was pleasurable from check in to check out. The Breakfast and Coffee started my day off and the Sleep was comfortable and restful. Linda, Barb and the rest of the staff were helpful and remembered my name which goes a long way to making me feel welcome. I stay at this property every 5 weeks and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. I recommend this Days Inn to anyone visiting Phoenix or just passing through.
P.S. Great Wi-Fi signal