“HORRIBLE!!!!!!!”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #136 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'm not one to complain but I feel this dump of a hotel needs to be reviewed. The hotel is a combined knights inn and travelodge, both locations pet friendly. My family stayed in the knights inn side. We checked into a double queen room on the west end of the building, people all over the place! We walked into the room which smelled very very strongly of cat pee. My daughter removed her.shoes and immediately steps in a large wet spot. I smelled it, nasty..I kno, but it smelled like pee. Called front desk and they offered to give us a new room which we took. Room didn't smell like pee but the safe in the room doesn't work, the tv has 5 crappy channels, the phone cord falls out of the phone..and if you get to actually use the phone, you can barely hear anything. The next morning, today, while getting ready, the power goes out. Once it came back on, the tv took 20 minutes to boot back up. Mind you the tv's are 30 yrs old. Basically we paid $115 for this CRAPPY hotel and regret spending even $5 on it. Oh, and they don't do any refunds so we're out a good chunk of money. Oh, and the front desk is two hotels in one being run by only ONE person. Ridiculous. I'll never stay here again and highly recommend no one else does either.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank bruiz07
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

From your comments, we know that we have failed to meet your expectations in both service and cleanliness. We are very sorry that you have such an experience at our hotel. We want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about it so we can reevaluate and take actions for improvements such as updating our amenities like the TV, phone and maintaining the cleanliness of the rooms.

We really hope that you will reconsider and give us a chance to make it right when you visit us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I only wish there was a rating below terrible, because that is where this hotel needs to be rated. I booked & paid for a clean & fresh, non smoking hotel room with two double beds, and all that goes along with that. AND WE GOT NONE OF THAT ~~
This hotel has everything from rude "i don't give a darn I just work here” employees to the new paint or caulking trying to cover over black mold (I took pictures & will be reporting to health department), to musty smoke smelling rooms.
Rooms prices or quality do not compare with comparable hotels in the area.
We booked on line for a not smoking room. When we opened the door to our room the smell of fresh cigarette smoke almost knocked me over and I gagged. Went to the front desk, got another room & not an apology, but a smart A comment.
The second room was no better than the 1st. Went back to the office, and was given another room and got more attitude and rude comments. Third room was a little better barely tolerable but we were BASICALLY STUCK!
We had booked on line and the "desk boy", as he referred to himself, was extremely annoyed and was more than happy to argue with my son in the lobby about the situation. And in no way was he going to provide good or even adequate guest relations/customer service. The "desk boy" said he would send an air freshener to the room. After some time and at least one more call to the desk, a guy with a spray bottle full of pink sickening sweet chemicals showed up. And without saying a word he began squirting down the carpet, curtains and our personal items (for no reason other than he was being a jerk). Our person belongs were up and out of his way. This proved to be less than helpful and did nothing but leave the carpet wet. And did nothing for the layer of smoke film on the tables desk & chairs
The room proved to be way over priced when a lady who checked in after we did, getting one of the rooms we didn't want paid 1/2 as much as we did.
The hotel should be accountable for the booking agent and have control and authority and control to override their decisions when things go wrong. All we kept hearing was YOU BOOKED ON LINE SO WE CAN’T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. If booking on line is such a bad thing it shouldn't be offered.
Our room was a double queen meant to accommodate 4 guests. We had to call several times to the desk to get more than the one bath towel in our room. And finally had to go get them off the house keepers cart ourselves.
3-4 weekends a month myself or a family member makes the trip into Phoenix, and we were looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a hotel. Although your hotel was in the location we had hoped for, we will drive a little further paying the same price for a better quality room with proper guest relations.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel, not one of the booking sites. You can always get a better rate and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Roma R
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

This has greatly disturbed us. We truly regret that your experience did not reflect at all the quality of service we strive to provide our guests. Please accept for sincerest apologies. You can be assured that an investigation will be conducted on the failure to provide you with the accommodation you booked for online and the deplorable conduct of the staff you dealt with. We will also be looking into the issue you raised about room sanitation, as we value the health of all our guests. Do allow us to make amends and meet your expectations. Have no doubt that your next stay will be far better than your first.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gregg L
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Reviewed February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara M

Reviewed February 25, 2014

As walk-up style hotels go, this one is a great value -- a good location, easy to find, recently painted and was well-maintained. Both the check-in and breakfast staff went the extra mile. Unfortch, my sink one day was slow draining, so I reported it to maintenance and they literally had someone knocking on my door within minutes and it was fixed. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg R
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

We are happy to hear that you appreciate the location as well as our efforts to keep the place well maintained. Our staff members will be very glad to hear that you recognized their efforts at providing an excellent service. We do aim to exceed the expectations of our guests when it comes to efficiency.

Thank you for the rating and feedback. We will be delighted to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I think this hotel has absolutely got the most amazing staff I have ever seen! The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are very nice! The pool is fantastic! Really warm! I am far away from my family in New Jersey. I came to Phoenix because of my health.I unfortunately did not improve. I am staying here till I can go back. I have been homesick and sad many times. Their was always a kind person to talk to at the hotel desk. Cody #1! I also think Mark the hotel manager is a really nice man! He obviously does his job well.The staff is proof of that! They all make you feel at home! I have made friends here! I highly recommend this warm hearted hotel! :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank snowflaky
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you here in Phoenix. Although the reason of your travel is of great concern to us, we are still pleased to know that we have made your stay comfortable in every way. We are overjoyed to hear that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. It is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations. Thank you so much for inspiring us to further excel, and we look forward to a return visit from you again very soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel was a great value. The hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I loved that I was educated on proper check-out times and amenities. The bed gave me a decent nights sleep and the room was very clean. I was very impressed to see a gentleman shampooing the carpet a few doors down. The only downside was the towels were on the skimpy side and the electric outlets were in poor condition. If the room had individual breakers, I would've replaced them myself. (Very easy to replace, plus Lowes and Home Depot down the street) With this hotel converting, I would definitely give this hotel another chance.

Room Tip: I always recommend a room on the second floor on the end. You never have to worry about people above...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank for you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. We are delighted that you trusted us to give you a memorable experience to remember. To hear that our service has met your satisfaction during the time of your visit truly inspires us. Thank you for appreciating all the hard work we are doing to ensure that our guests get nothing but great comfort and convenience while staying with us. We are committed to serving you well, and we couldn’t wait to see you again on your next visit.