“Far from highway, noisy personnel, no late check out allowance”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #141 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is far away from the highway, very early in the morning the maintenance personnel were making some changes and it was noisy, we arrived at 4 am and slept 6 hours, we requested late check in because we needed a little more time to take a shower and changed, and the person in front desk refused to provide more time, we had to take off the room with our hair wet...we only stayed there 7 hours and they charged the hole day and no late check in. Breakfast time is ridicusly early when they stop serving.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We wish only to deliver the highest quality of service to our guests, and with that means our guests should enjoy a peaceful and memorable stay. Although in some cases maintenance work is unforeseeable, your feedback regarding these issues greatly aid in enhancing and modifying our hotel services. We hope to better accommodate and assist you should you wish to choose our hotel again during your stay in Phoenix.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here Jan 3rd-5th and after it took 45 minutes (?!!) to check me into my room, I get a call about 2 hours later while I'm at dinner letting me know that she had just re-rented my room to someone else!! So I had to rush back to hotel to make sure my items (camera, video camera etc) were not missing (Tanya the clerk did not check my room to make sure the people weren't in it!).. I picked up new keys but around 9 pm two VERY angry people that were told that was their room were going crazy outside my door trying to get in! Thank God we had a retired Marine with our group to chase them away because as a female staying alone, I was not about to open the door to angry people! Horrible horrible experience!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank LauraNCurt

We would like to extend our appreciation for you taking time to provide us your valuable input. Certainly being unexpectedly moved from your room is unacceptable and we sincerely apologize. These issues are being addressed with staff in order to provide the best service we can offer for the future. Please know that the points you raised have helped us improve the delivery of our services. We would like to encourage you to visit our hotel again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 21, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I arrived at the Phoenix airport with an Expedia reservation at this hotel, knowing they had a shutte. When I called they said the shuttle driver had gone home and that I had to make a reservation 24 hours in advance. So I tried to cancel the room reservation to stay at a hotel that actually HAD a shuttle. They refused to give me a refund and were nasty and juvenile and insulting about it, calling me stupid for not reading the fine print about the shuttle. The Expedia site did not say that a reservation was necessary and I had no idea about it. I have never heard of a hotel with a shuttle requiring a reservation. The expedia service would not give me a refund either. Days Inn is now off of my list of hotels, would rather spend twice as much and get decent service.

Room Tip: don't stay there at all
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shannette R
Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a 7 hour drive from los angeles to phonix I decided to stay at a hotel close to my meeting. To find out first hand after the room had paid for the clerk decided to inform me about the pool ( heated) Free Breakfast, and oh by the way a group of 60 ROTC Cadets.
will be here Staying the night. No Wifi, phones were down no one could call me at my room. My room smelled of stale cigaretts, my blanket had huge burn marks for the smoke fest that took place in the room. and they smelled like dried up saliva, as if they had not been washed in a week. and about the ROTC Caddets....
Fine I thought but oh wow I did not think they were actually allowed to practice drills in the parking lot right in front of my room.. Yelling screaming marching all at full force. Attention!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business