“Stay away from this hotel! (unless you are looking for drugs & rude staff)”

Knights Inn Phoenix North
Ranked #142 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Stay away from this hotel! (unless you are looking for drugs & rude staff)”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

If you like bulletproof glass, rude employees and drug dealers, ga ahead and stay at this hotel. Let me tell you about our objective experience with this hotel.

We have stayed at many Days Inn, but never before have we been so offended by one that we could not even step foot into a room. We tried checking into this hotel after a cross country flight from the east coast, and we arrived at 12:30 at night.

We had called 2 weeks ahead to reserve a room on the ground floor by the pool with two queen sized beds (non-smoking). When we got there, it was utter chaos. There were kids running rampant partying and being loud, and the employee behind the bulletproof glass was overwhelmed, and needless to say very rude. We finally got a key to our room 45 minutes later, and drove our new rental car, (a new Mustang GT Convertible) to the back side of the hotel, overlooking a nice trash dumpster, where they had put us up at, and I kid you not, there were at least 8 people hanging out on the balcony in front of our room, with beer bottles, and wife beater t-shirts on partying and being loud, and selling things to people who happened to drive in. (you ever get that feeling that you are in the wrong side of town, or somewhere you were not supposed to be? well we had it.

So we went back to the front desk, and told them that the room they had put us in would never do, even though we never got to put the key in the door, (we never got out of the car becuase of the felonious activity going on) and when we said we were leaving and that this was not our kind of place... Miraculously a room opened up by the pool on the front of the hotel, so being good sport we thought we would give it a try. We drove around and unloaded the car, and got to the door (still on the second floor) and opened it up, and the smell nearly knocked us on the ground. We turned right back around went down to the front desk, asked for a refund, was refused, and left.

We have been in an ongoing battle to get a refund, but so far after two weeks of trying we are unable to find a resolution to the issue.

As a matter of fact the people we booked the hotel with called the hotel directly after we complained to them, and said that we were LYING about our experience. Well when you have two or more people telling you the same thing I think I would tend to believe the ones telling you there was a problem.

Now we are good hard working decent people, and to be treated like we were, and are still being treated, is unacceptable.

We drove down the road to the Sheraton Crescent Hotel where we were not treated with rude employees, bulletproof glass, or terrible accomodations, we spent a little more, but in the end is it not worth it?

If the hotel would care to resolve this issue they can contact me at 828-505-1372 or by email at wesleyehalljr@msn.com My Name is Wesley Hall and I approved this message.

Room Tip: I would not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wesley H
familyinn, Manager at Knights Inn Phoenix North, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
I am the manager at the Days Inn Mr. Hall has written about and would like to address his issues. First of all yes we do have a night window that is open for the graveyard shift only and in this day and age and economy I feel that it is prudent. If that offends Mr. Hall, too bad my employees safety comes first.
Second out of all the reservations that come in about 65% want downstairs and by the pool so it is first come first serve basis. We do not now nor ever allow children or adults to run about the property being loud and obnoxious at night. The desk clerk that was working that night is a veteran here and was neither overwhelmed nor rude to this guest and no one works here that would take 45 minutes to check in a guest. There is no trash dumpster near any room the area he is talking about is a fenced microwave tower. When Mr. Hall came back to the office it was explained to him that the only other vacant room in the motel was a smoking room and he chose to want to move there. The desk clerk moved his room and immediately locked the office and went to investigate his claims and there was only 2 people outside and they were putting the belongings in the room they had just rented. NO drinking , No children, nothing. Mr Hall then came back to complain that the room smelled of smoke and he didn't want it and was going to leave. Mr Hall booked his room through a third party on a non-cancellable, non-refundable rate so he could get a “CHEAP” rate. As for his car all I can say is that we have Corvettes,Mercedes, and BMWs here on a regular basis so his mustang would not even make a “blip” in the grand scheme of things.
When I spoke to Mr. Hall on the phone he spent 10 minutes telling me how he was going to ruin me and the motel and all the things he was going to do to accomplish that end and then said to me and I quote “ now do you want to change your mind”. I told him no that I was right so I would not be changing my mind. He made a few more threats about what he was going to do and I told him to (and again I quote) “ have fun with that” I then told him to have a nice day and ended the call.
I also have to say that we have some of the best guests going and that everyone knows there will be the occassional guest like Mr. Hall and that you just grin and bear it on concentrate on the guests who make this business enjoyable.
Linda Reda General Manager
Days Inn metro center Phoenix, Az
602-942-5030

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pueblo West, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We stayed from 3/31/11 to 4/5/11. Staff was great and very helpful with anything we requested. Room was very clean and had everything we needed.. Breakfasts were great. We definitely will stay there any time we travel to Phoenix. Thanks so much.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tristan64
Bellflower, California
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I've stayed at this location for the last year and a half and have never had a missed reservation or any problems at check in. The rooms were remodeled about a year ago and still look as if it was done yesterday. Linda, Barb, Tim and Cathy always remember my name and even recognize my voice on the phone, they go out of there way to ensure my comfort and needs are met. That goes a long way when I'm out of town. The last few visits, I had the opportunity to visit a few restaurants that were close by and was amazed to find a variety of national and local fare available. The central location makes it convenient to visit all the Phoenix locations that I service. All in all, I would recommend this location for business or pleasure needs as I have done both and been entirely satisfied.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank odaat2001
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Great price, decent accommodations, awesome location; best part was that we left valuables out and they weren't touched by housekeeping!

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chellee23
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2010

You know how when you're a poor starving student, you'll accept certain things - like generic macaroni & cheese; then when you're starting out you expect a little better - like brand name KD. Once you are established, its still nice to have KD, but you're much more likely to eat something else. This place is so generic Mac & cheese.
We too had the police out front the first night. The rooms were not cleaned and we had to beg for towels. The first day we went to the breakfast and didn't bother going again. The choice of Rice Crispies vs Froot Loops or day old muffins; I'd rather eat at Subway.
Everyone we talked to in Phoenix cringed when we told them where we were staying. I would've checked out if I would've got any money back.
I won't even go into the barking dog, annoying cat, yucky pool, noisy neighbours, rude/lazy cleaning staff, etc. - Pay the extra $20 and stay somewhere else, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank DBL_75

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed November 7, 2010

friendly staff, nice clean room , comfy bed.. Nice continental Breakfast with hot waffles.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
flagstaff, az
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I made our reservation several months ahead for a king bed, non smoking. When we drove in; our first clue should have been the police car parked in front of office. We check in. We decided to go get dinner first and then go to the room. When we finally go the room there was king size bed, but the odor of cigarettes was unbearable; and we start to look around, theres stained ashtrays everywhere, carpet was horriable, dirty, stained along with the other furniture. There's no way I would have walked on the carpet for any length of time even with cambat boots on. We went to the lobby to possible get a different room; and we were told "NO" non available. Yet theres all kind of other guests checking in; and Oh more police cars. We asked one the cops if there was problems, and her response was; "Yes, all the time". The girl at the office; (which now the lobby was closed, you had to talk to her thur a double window hole) offered to come up to the room and "spray with a flowering room spray; "it actually smells pretty good" she said. Well, if you're a non-smoker you know floral spray and stale cigarettes odor do not do well. We asked if we could get our money back; they said no since we went thru Expedia. But if we decided to leave they needed to check the room to see if it was rentable; but we could not get our money back. At this point 11pm, we decided to just take our chances and find another room elsewhere. Luckily a block or so away we
stopped at Ramada; explained our problem to the manager; he gave us an amazing discount; and even offered to help us get a refund. Their room was so nice, clean, newly decorated, walk in shower, just really nice. Expedia would only refund one night; and gave us a $50 coupon. All is well as far as the money. But I would not under any circumstance recommend Days Inn Metro Center. Worst place we have ever encountered.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple