“The usual Motel 6-clean and simple”

Motel 6 Phoenix - Northern Avenue
Ranked #154 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Diego, CA
“The usual Motel 6-clean and simple”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I wanted to respond to the other posting here. When I checked in, I was notified that the wifi was limited to only a few rooms, so they do have it, you just have to tell them when you check in that its something that you are interested in. I did not need wifi, but it ended up that the Super 8 hotel next door had it for free, so I was able to get their signal. I did not see any trash, but it certainly was a bit difficult to find the property after exiting the freeway.

This is the usual Motel 6, so I did not expect much. This one actually had a tub (instead of a stand only space pod), so that was nice. I hate it when the lights are external to the shower/toilet area. The other thing that I did not like was that the clothes rack was the same height as I was, so I bumped my head on it.

Bed was actually rather comfy but my blanket had a hole in it. Air conditioning worked fine. Check out and check in was rather easy. It was only $42 for two full beds, so for that price I did not expect much. Towels were clean but there were only 3 of them. TV had many channels. There is an elevator if you need it. Not sure if its the best area, but good enough for a short stay to rest before hitting the road again.

There are many Motel 6 in Phoenix at the same rate. This one is northwest of town off of the I-17. I did not hear any road noise, but purposely asked for a quiet room and the check-in person accommodated me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SunnyDTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Anthem, AZ
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Check-in was very prompt and effecient, and the room was functional (as you would expect from Motel 6). There were a couple of unexpected problems I encountered, however.

This hotel advertises Wifi Internet Access, both on their web site and with a banner in front of the hotel, yet no hotspots were even visible from my room, let alone accessible.

I was also surprised with the amount of litter around the property. The litter was scattered all over the place, with some even floating in the pool.

Would I stay here again? Perhaps, but only if it were a bit less expensive, and I was only looking for a bed to sleep on and nothing else.

• Liked — A comfortable bed and a hot shower.
  • Disliked — Advertised wifi does not seem to exist. Lots of litter on grounds.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rick S

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels