“Good price”

Ranked #77 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Price was great and location convenient. Staff very friendly with the exception of a young brunette who said she the manager. She snapped at me and made me wait for no reason. She also snapped at the good employees. I watched it. Someone should retrain her in being decent to coworkers and guests.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Arrived at the hotel in North Phoenix with our 2 dogs (love the La Quinta free stay pet policy), after making the reservation just directly with the hotel by Liz at front desk. When we arrived we were greeted by Liz at check in, who is so very pleasant and helpful with a great sunny personality. She gave us some room options etc, which was nice and then found us a great room, which I'm sure was an upgrade (now a La quinta Gold member). The hotel has a great reception and the rooms are large and clean. We were only going to stay 2 nights but we loved the hotel and our room (and staff) so much we ended staying 4. Phoenix is an easy city to get around with the various highways and road grid system...no matter where you are nothing is really more than 25 minutes away so the location of the hotel did not bother us at all...in fact it was great. I have to mention that Brandon who is the "maintenance man" was incredible...he never stopped and when we pointed out that our room door lock was jamming he had it replaced within minutes. Would also like to mention Ryan the front desk manager who has a great customer service ability and made us feel welcome at all times....We can't wait to return to Phoenix and will always call this hotel for our accomodation needs. A big thank you to all at the hotel and you have earned my first 5 (Excellent) rating on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard (pool)....back rooms back onto an apartment complex that may...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, CAlifornia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a 2.5 day lecture across the street at the Embassy Suites and didn't want to pay double the price. The people in the lobby always greeted me and were friendly and accomodating. The room was more than adequate for my needs. Since Phoenix was having record heat (115-116 degrees) having a good a/c system was very important to me. The a/c worked great and the room was already cool when I checked in.

If you have a car, this location is great. If you don't and Phoenix is having high heat, you might not even want to walk to places that you might normally be able to walk to. Since I didn't have a car on this trip I only had 7-11 next door and Lafitte's restaurant at the Embassy Suites. La Quinta does have breakfast items in the morning.

The breakfast is mostly carbs (pastry, bread, and waffles). I was able to make due with yogurt, juice, tea, and oatmeal. The had apples and oranges, but I would have preferred a banana as its easier for me to eat when I'm trying not to mess up my lipstick.

BIG TIP: $62 to take a taxi from Sky Harbor Airport and $21 to use Super Shuttle.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. If you have any mobility issues I would suggest that you call the hotel ahe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

The service was great if you need something they try to get it for you
The room was great it was clean and smelled fresh
The location was good you could get any were quick the freeway was right down the street
The best about my stay was the room and the people at he front desk. The least was the door were hard to open

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mesa, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very accommodating staff, really comfy mattresses and pillows, quiet, great continental breakfast including do it yourself waffles, nice pool area, clean rooms

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel-inn totally filled my need for an inexpensive but comfortable place to stay during my business trip.

I would certainly recommend it if you would overlook a couple of issues which could be important to some, so you decide for yourself.

First the good: The room was clearly recently renovated. The beds and sheets were fit for a four star hotel. This is one of the most important things in a hotel and they got that covered.

You get a big LCD TV with dozens of channels and movies all free! If you like to hang around inside you are spoiled for choice. Another point there.

Housekeeping was good. The room was equipped with a coffee maker, iron and ironing board and another detail that is often overlooked but is important in this age of personal electronic devices: plenty of sockets. There were no less than twelve available sockets in the room (I actually counted them) pretty convenient. Obviously 24h aircondition to battle the desert heat and plenty of free ice.

Also free wifi with strong signal everywhere plus a computer with printer available to all who hadn't brought a laptop along.

Breakfast was complete. There were boiled eggs, pancakes, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, the list goes on, it was all there. I didn't much like the coffee though and this spoiled what would be a perfect self service breakfast.

Service was always fast and courteous. The persons at the front desk were always smiling and quick to respond to our enquiries.

Parking is plentyful and conveniently close to the rooms, especially the ground floor rooms which was just what we needed. The pines were providing a much welcome shade in the morning when we were driving off.

There was a security guard and I believe electronic surveillance (more on that below)

Finally there is a pool (plus whirlpool and kiddie pool), a small air conditioned exercise room as well as plenty of public space around the pool and a vending machine which can be handy although there was a seven eleven next to the hotel for anything we needed around the clock.

The not so good: Obviously in no way the hotel's fault, the quests were not jet setters, mostly travelers staying a night or two. Some would get a bit rowdy.

A couple arguing very loudly in the lawn ended up with the police arriving to break it up. A party of two families would jump in the pool slightly drunk throwing in the sun chairs too. In the days of our stay we saw the police at least three times in the premises and the parking lot.

Also the hotel security would shoo away what I believe were trespassers using a loudspeaker in the small hours of the night which woke me up on two separate occasions. However I must emphasize that the area around the hotel seemed very safe and we never felt uncomfortable or threatened in any way.

Another issue was the condition of the pool which had muddy water and downright dirty with floating bugs.

The day we arrived there was a sandstorm which would account for some of the dirt in the water and in the bottom of the pool. In fact footprints were visible in the shallow part of the pool.

Upon mentioning it to the front desk they agreed that the pool was not clear enough and they would take care of it on Monday morning (we arrived during a weekend). Indeed the next day I saw some employees working on the pool but there was no visible improvement eventually. This was a pity because in the 45 degrees heat I would use the pool every day.

All things considered I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business