“Thomas Rd. La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix Thomas Road
Ranked #115 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The young woman at the check in was extremely helpful and amiable. She was able to rectify a misplaced reservation at a different inn with no drama. We like having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We'll probably stay at La Quinta whenever and wherever we travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine D
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Phoenix Thomas Road

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Choose this motel because it was near the hospital we needed to visit. The room was very good, but the location is downtown and not as nice as most LQ sites. After seeing the outside, the room was up to LQ quality. I still like parking outside my room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Many motorcycles staying that night. The beds were so small and uncomfortable. The room also too small and very outdated. Bathroom not very clean and no Shampoo or lotion. Will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Manuel V
Reviewed April 17, 2014

got a great $50 a night deal through hotwire. hotel is perfectly adequate if a bit old and the area is a little sketchy. my big complaint is hotwire's map that shows this hotel being in downtown phoenix. it is nowhere near downtown phoenix. it's out just off the interstate. I complained to hotwire and they said that's what their map showed. I said their map is wrong. they basically said, "too bad, so sad." it's a $25 cab ride from the hotel to downtown phoenix. you can take a bus 10 stops and change to the metro light rail for six stops and you are then in downtown phoenix. think I will use priceline next time.

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was looking for a place to stay for a couple weeks while on business in phoenix and I found this place. This place isn't perfect, lot of fwy noise and I found a open condom wrapper in my desk drawer, but other than that I had no real complaints for 80$ a night you cant expect the courtyard. however one day I get a call from the front office saying that my room smelled of "pot". I told them I have my medical marijuana license...im in a smoking room...this is a hotel where my door leads to the outside(motel style). And they still threatened to call the cops on me if more odors came from my room. Now keep in mind this is JUST ME in here not me and a crew of 10 dudes. if you don't want to deal with this I suggest you go else where

Room Tip: lots of options in this town....look elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Danton S
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice clean hotel with a spacious lobby. Though not far from the interstate, I didn't notice traffic noise even though my room faced south. They had a nice outdoor courtyard with pool. Since it was March, I naturally didn't do any swimming. Good location, off the main roads, but a few minutes from the highway.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2014

When I made my reservation over the phone I was quoted $59 per night but when I received my bill via email I was charged $90 per night. Spoke with the hotel manager who did nothing to resolve this. I contacted LQ customer service and all they did was have the manager call me which is really stupid because I told them I already spoke with him.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo