“decent hotel for price SUPER anti medical marijuana”

La Quinta Inn Phoenix Thomas Road
Ranked #112 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was looking for a place to stay for a couple weeks while on business in phoenix and I found this place. This place isn't perfect, lot of fwy noise and I found a open condom wrapper in my desk drawer, but other than that I had no real complaints for 80$ a night you cant expect the courtyard. however one day I get a call from the front office saying that my room smelled of "pot". I told them I have my medical marijuana license...im in a smoking room...this is a hotel where my door leads to the outside(motel style). And they still threatened to call the cops on me if more odors came from my room. Now keep in mind this is JUST ME in here not me and a crew of 10 dudes. if you don't want to deal with this I suggest you go else where

Room Tip: lots of options in this town....look elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Danton S

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice clean hotel with a spacious lobby. Though not far from the interstate, I didn't notice traffic noise even though my room faced south. They had a nice outdoor courtyard with pool. Since it was March, I naturally didn't do any swimming. Good location, off the main roads, but a few minutes from the highway.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2014

When I made my reservation over the phone I was quoted $59 per night but when I received my bill via email I was charged $90 per night. Spoke with the hotel manager who did nothing to resolve this. I contacted LQ customer service and all they did was have the manager call me which is really stupid because I told them I already spoke with him.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Sent here on a business trip but it was anything but professional.

I am the first to acknowledge that I am always looking for a great deal, however I would have demanded my money back on this trip if I had paid for it.

Key faults: Maid moved my stuff to "clean." No replacement coffee or filter basket for in-room coffee maker. (I made three trips to front desk just to collect items that should have been there!)
"Free" wifi never worked the entire time I was there.

Just these issues are enough to convince me to skip it the next time I'm in Phoenix.

The only reason I gave any points at all was because the front desk guys (all three days) were all very helpful and courteous. Bed wasn't bad and it was nice to have a fridge in the room.

Rooms are a bit rough around the edges and in dire need of an update. This wouldn't have bothered me though, IF everything else was good. Unfortunately, it was an awful stay and I won't be back and I'm recommending that the school put this place on their "Do not call" list.

Room Tip: Don't stop here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank zaggrad
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Internet was bad, next to I17 and near the train so noise all night, run down and in need of a face lift, dirty carpeting, chips in the plaster, sink falling off of wall.
Great flat screen Sony tv and our room was on the ground floor convenient to the lobby.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwise14
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Arrived Saturday afternoon, one person working the front desk, I was #6 on line. Waited at least 45 before checked in? The overworked guy behind front desk was stressed but nice. The hotel is ok for the money but it was a wild range of people staying there. Bikers playing cards outside with blasting rock music, two semi naked guys with door wide open, people on cell phones walking around, semi questionable women in short shorts, truckers running there truck engines!
And the place was sold out, no rooms available. Denny's next door. Breakfast bad but it was free. Front desk clerk was restocking breakfast food, sweeping the floor, cleaning tables!
The employees did the best they could, but overworked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jpseader
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Needs new carpet and paint. All furniture needs replaced. The furniture was worn out and stained. Staff needs to clean under ac units and chairs/tables. Clean doors. Price was to much for accomadations and location. Positives: close to freeway and downtown, bus lines and restaurants

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business