La Quinta Inn Phoenix Thomas Road
$100
$87
$75
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$52
$529
$379
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
$499
$144
$476
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewswithin walking distanceroom keylight sleepercontinental breakfasteasy accessfairgroundslaundryrefrigeratorconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect when we came to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl. It was reasonably priced and centrally located: We had to make multiple trips to the airport, downtown Phoenix, and Glendale for the game. All were easy to access from this hotel. I have been in nicer La Quintas. This one has not been recently remodeled. BUT the bed was new and super comfy, the shower had GREAT pressure, and there was a fridge and microwave. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was super! If you want to buy breakfast, Denny's, Starbuck's, and Dunkin' were all within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My experience at La Quinta Phx Thomas Rd was great this stay and every other time I`ve stayed there. The staff is always good from the front desk to the housekeeping. It is located right off I17 . The parking lot is well lit at night and plenty of parking. There is a Denny`s and Mc Donalds close with a couple of convenience stores right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank monica f
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for work and had a 2 room King suite. For the price and amenities, not bad but I have a few suggestions and hope management reads the reviews.

First--the good:

Staff really nice and welcoming. Always nice.

The bed was very comfortable. Each room had flat screen TVs, definitely a plus over old-style televisions. The room was clean, I did not see any roaches as other guests have had the misfortune of seeing. Microwave was a bit weak and old, but at least they had one.

Lots of counter space! I'd recommend this room for extended stays. There's a door you can shut between the bedroom and the living room, and there's a big counter near the bathroom.

Now, the suggestions:

The bathroom needs remodeling. It's not "dirty", just old. Replace the old, tired tile and update the look. It just seems really dated. Too "white" and industrial.

The curtains in the rooms need an update--I saw a few stains and damage to them. They're wrinkled and "blah" looking. My room had a terrible sea-blue color--please update!

The door between the rooms definitely needs some work, it looks like a college dorm room door. The rooms could use some warm colors, the weird sea-blue curtains and green carpet feels industrial, not inviting. And the building in general looks......old. It seems like something from the early 90s. Again, the color scheme and woodwork are college dorm-esque.

I've stayed in everything from ghetto motels with gangs nearby to Vegas pristine--this place really is not that bad, it just needs some updating. All in all, average, a little rough around the edges in places.

Room Tip: I've not seen the standard rooms. The 2 room King suite was clean, roomy and acceptable. No roaches as others have reported.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Purplealiene
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This "hotel" is just not up to the normal standards of La Quinta. We had multiple cockroaches in our room, the shower was simply gross, and there were used washrags in the bathroom from the previous occupant. We had planned to stay 4 nights, but checked out after the first night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BenForro
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was a nightmare! We checked in only to find the shower had MOLD in the cracks! Then, because we were so tired from a 5 hour drive, and it was already after 10pm... we deceided to give it a try. We sat down on the bed to eat dinner, only to have COCKROACHES crawling all over the bedside table!!! YES, I have pictures to prove it! I went into the lobby and told the person on duty, they said sorry and gave me the option of a suite...promising that we would LOVE IT! Wrong, it smelled so bad after cigarettes! They are supposed to have a 100% cigarette free hotel.
I DEMANDED that they switch hotels for us, and they did. We got to another La Quinta about 10 minutes away which was really amazing! Great personel, warm and understanding! CLEAN rooms and lobby! I would not recommend the one on Thomas Road for anyone at all!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family