“Great Location - Excellent Service, Don't Pass Up”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #27 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas
“Great Location - Excellent Service, Don't Pass Up”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was only in town for one night, but it was a very pleasant experience at the Hyatt. As soon as I walked in I was greeted with excellent service. The front desk clerks were extremely friendly.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The amenities in the bathroom included the basic shampoo, conditioner, soap and even a travel sized toothpaste (colgate).

The room was setup great for business travelers, as there was a desk to work from and a single chair w/ ottoman and a tall table next to it.

Internet was a little expensive at $12/day. But we had a conference rate of like $124. Great location downtown and very short walking distance to the Arena.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix Nov 27 to attend a concert at US Airways Arena. This hotel is in the perfect location for the Convention Center, US Airways Arena, Chase Field (baseball) and the symphony and opera. We were able to check in early and the front desk personnel were pleasant and accomodating. We had a smoking room on the third floor and there was a sliding glass door that opened onto the pool area and work-out room. I am a non smoker and they had a special air cleaner in the room that really takes care of any smoky odors. My husband still smoked outside since the patio was there. I really liked the room itself, very spacious, king bed, nice linens, large bathroom with large fluffy towels. The hotel in general is very clean and comfortably decorated. Although we did not use it, I saw they had a small business center and Enterprise car rental desk in the lobby near the gift shop as well as an Einstein Bagel coffee shop if you need something quick early in the AM. The service in Networks bar/grill is excellent (thanks Drew) and they have a nice selection of beers on tap. The breakfast buffet has a great selection of fruit, cereals, eggs and the usual fare, but all very freshly made. I stayed here a few years ago for a convention and remembered it to be just as nice this time around. I highly recommend you stay here if your travels bring you to the downtown area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The Hotel is nicely located in the downtown area and close to a number of restaurants, convention and entertainment areas. It has very attractive public areas and I was particularly impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, especially the concierge. We were given an upgrade and our room was more spacious than usual and also contained a wet bar. The pillow top mattresses that the Hyatt uses are some of the best in the business and it was very comfortable sleep every night. The parking garage is only a half a block away from the hotel. I thought the ususal rate of $18 per night for self park, with in and out privileges was a bargain for a major city.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The location was perfect for going to the opera. I was in my room and out of my heels within 5 minutes of leaving Symphony Hall. The room was large, well-appointed, and comfortable. And the service was outstanding. The impression I got from the moment I arrived was that they wanted this to be the first of many enjoyable visits.
I had booked my room through Priceline, and was willing to accept less than the best accomodations for the bargain price. But the front desk clerk offered to put me in a different room than the usual Priceline room (a king instead of 2 doubles) since they weren't busy. The guests next door were pretty noisy, and I could hear all their conversations clearly in my room. It really wasn't a big deal. As I was getting ready for bed, they were discussing where to go out. And the next time I heard them was when they were coming home 10 minutes before I had to get up in the morning. The clerk who checked me out apologized and suggested requesting a non-adjoining room the next time I stay.
I wasn't sure what the parking policy and rates were until I left the garage. The hotel's website said one thing, the attendant said something different, and the desk clerk suggested parking on the street or I'd be charged every time I left the garage.
This sounds like a negative review. But overall, I was very pleased with the location, room, and service. I will stay here again when I'm staying overnight after opera. And I will bring workout clothes so I can make use of the large exercise facility.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
England
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Fabulous hotel with a great choice of bars and places to eat to fit everyone's budget. Staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Bar food was good value as was the bagel bar. The pool area was nice and clean and the sun terrace was great to escape to at lunch time...would definitely go back......Make sure you visit the little shopping are in the Arizona Centre - there's a great Greek restaurant there .....lovely atmosphere in the whole area....Internet is free if you join as an executive member so you may as well join as that's free too!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank EnglishShmanny
North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2010

In town for a mega-convention (6000 nurses!) at the Convention Center which was just across the street from the Hyatt. When we arrived the front desk staff walked out from behind the counter (like they really wanted to meet us!) and beckoned us to their stations. They rearranged our rooms to our liking (several times!), were very patient and helpful in all our dealings. We had beautifully-appointed rooms, which were immaculate and maintained this way throughout our nearly week-long stay. Things to note: be sure to visit the Gift Shop on site. Along with the usual hotel gift shop items we found great jewelry, scarves, and gifts. First night's dinner at the Compass Restaurant and it was delicious and service attentive and friendly. Also visit Network bar/restaurant for drinks. Great staff there. The guys at the curb were so friendly and helpful! How does the Hyatt do it? The staff were AMAZING the entire week! Those of us working hard on customer service could use a lesson from this group of folks!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BandENorthCarolina
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2010

If you want to do anything in Phoenix this is a great hotel to stay at. The property is two blocks away from the metro line, convention centers, and arenas. Staff is very friendly and rooms are fairly large. Just an FYI, if you're going to Phoenix, food is fairly scares after people go home from work. Thankfully the bar attached to the hotel is a decent option.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo