“It's not worth it!”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Because of the LOCATION I booked 3 nights at Hyatt. Originally I booked a $199/night -"Conventions Deal" (if I have to pay for the breakfast and internet it will end up for $241.97 + tax $29 = $270 +/night for a Conventional DEAL). Luckily, I modified my reservation after I found the AAA Business Plan for $174/night and it came with 2 free breakfast ($14.99/pp) and free internet ($12.99/day).
But for some reason the front desk checked me in with the ORIGNAL higher rate. So be careful at check in because they don't print out the register card and also they don't confirm the rate with you. Once you leave the front desk and it will take a 1/2 hour (at least) to fix the rate.
Front desk told me the hotel was recently remolded, but they left a very DIRTY pop corn ceiling. If you don't turn on more than 2 lights on, the room looks ok. Comfort bed without fitted sheet. No safe in the room, so I did not use the pool or gym. I don't feel comfortable to leave my jewelries and wallet in the room.
One of our colleagues' room did not get room service for 2 consecutive days, and they got twice unfriendly apology.
Breakfast is ok, and if you have "Gerri" - a big Latino lady to serve your table. She might ignore you, or provide with a very cold and unwelcome service. But she wills definitely bring you a bill, so you can "tip" her. The 3rd morning we got a different waitress; after she took our Breakfast coupons and politely said "you all set." without giving us the bill! I was so surprised that I did not get the bill, so I have to walk to her and tip/thank her.
When I got home I also noticed an extra surprise charged on my AMEX for $11.38. So I called their local # and they transferred me to their Accounting Dept. it rang for 15 minutes and no one answered. I e-mail them at qualityphxrp@hyatt.com on Oct 27.09 and did get any answer as 11.03.09.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Ram001
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Phoenix

Reviewed October 26, 2009

The hotel was a great deal after booking on Priceline. I'm not sure if I would have been as pleased had I paid what the hotel website was asking. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The room itself was decorated beautifully and the room was in great condition. We used the pool and hot tub every night we were there, even though I was there on business. They had a nice fitness room as well. They have several restaurants in the hotel. There is even a rotating restaurant/lounge in the penthouse of the hotel. The hotel has many amenities that would be expected (concierge, restaurant options, etc. ). Parking is about $12-20/night if you're traveling with a car, and the internet is paid as well, so you can expect to spend an extra $30/day or so if you require both. Overall, it was a good experience, and would definitely stay again.

The hotel is in the heart of the downtown area. It is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. It is very close to different types of public transportation.

We chose not to use the hotel wifi, and instead went downstairs to one of the restaurants that offers wifi for about 90 minutes. We split a meal and used our laptop for a bit to take care of our daily business, then enjoyed some time at the pool.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda278
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Stayed for a conference in Mid Sept, nice room on 16th floor, Platinum member so I had free Internet. Pool is sort of small and mainly people like to lounge around and stand in it etc so cant do laps easily. Work out roomis small bur well equipped. Room had comfy king bed , desk, and sort of chaise chair with otoman comfy for tv watching. Unfortunatly there is not much to do outside the hotel apart from the convention center, their food places close at 2pm in the afternoon, there is a bar grill across from hotel and a Wyndham close by but no convenience stores or anything like that

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I spent six nights at the Hyatt in downtown Phoenix. Although it's not a high end luxury hotel, this was probably the most pleasant stay that I have had this year (approximately 100 nights at about fifteen different hotels). This Hyatt has been renovated and most things look new. It is clean, my room was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The rooms seemed a little larger than most other hotels and we had a nice view of the mountains. I asked about internet access and was given a code for free access.

The location is close to all the things downtown such as the convention center and the two sports arenas. I was very impressed with the staff, especially the young lady and the check in desk. I was traveling with my spouse (who has a different last name). We checked in on Sunday and stopped by the desk on Friday night to ask a question and Grace remembered both our names in addition to being very pleasant and helpful.

The Hyatt wasn't perfect in that the flat screen tv was still standard definition and some of the cardio machines in the fitness center did not work correctly. However, all things considered, it was close enough.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed here because we wanted to go to a ballgame ..The location is good for that but our room never got below 78....Yes we know it is Phoenix in July...But the rooms were average and parking was 27.00 dollars a night...They finally moved us to another room and even got us breakfast....We usally don`t eat breakfast so I would have rather had free parking.....Trouble is downtown Phoenix is lacking for reasonable hotels, and they know it ..

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rickcasi
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Ya know, I wish I could have gotten the chance to stay in this hotel before writing this review; however, I just wanted to let you in on th horrible customer service provided by this hotel. I had booked my stay 3 months ago, due to a conference I have there at the end of July. So...I received a confirmation 26 Apr. I just got a call today from the Hyatt stating that they had overbooked & that I was no longer able to stay there. They appologized & put me up in a different hotel & offered to provide transporation to the conference (which happens to be right next to the Hyatt)....yeah, transporation, to include a bus!! I am just completely floored! So, how come they claimed availability when I booked but now all of a sudden they have no availability. [--]!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Mditcbitw
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Nice location downtown and near the airport. Traveled with 4 people total and asked for one room with one bed and another with 2 beds and we received a king and 2 queens adjoining on the 7th floor. Nice view of the phoenix skyline from the hyatt. Was wary of getting bad room or poor treat from booking with priceline but the staff were courteous and treated us like any other guest. We didn't use any hotel amenities which all seem to come extra as is the case with hyatts. Rooms were quiet with good views and received maid service each day. The only caveat with this hotel and hyatt in general are the fees for things like internet and parking. Parking is across the street in a parkade, which cost $19 a day for in an out privileges.

• Stayed: July 2009