“Stay downtown -stay here!”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We found the service to be outstanding upon check in, with our bags taken up by an enthusiastic and informational bell man. For a convention or sporting event, this location is great! It is also a couple of blocks away from the light rail system where you can ride for $4 all day. We had a king with a corner balcony, so it was wonderful! Lots of amenities are available if you forget any items-more than what I've seen in other hotels. Everything was very clean in our room, and I appreciated the Green Service they provide if the guests request. Yes, there is only one drawer to put clothes, but we always hang our clothes or leave them in the suitcase, so it wasn't an issue. Great recommendations for nearby restaurants whether it was seafood or Mexican. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner king is worth the extra money.
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Phoenix

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed in many Hyatt's and am completely surprised by the lack of attention and service at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. To start with, we arrived to find the soaps that were used by whoever occupied the room before us, both at the sink and in the shower! Next the thermostat was totally out of control and despite efforts to turn down the heater the temperature continued to rise through the night and we eventually had to just turn it off. The bartender at the bar and grill located within the hotel was one of the rudest that I have ever encountered, I realize that he was NOT an employee of the Hyatt but does represent the establishment as a whole. Lastly, there were only two towels left in our room for the second night, which was odd considering we had left all four from the previous night in the tub for replacement. I was somewhat shocked at the presumed "towel rationing" and / or lack of attention to detail. On the good side, the rate was surprisingly reasonable (maybe that should have been my first clue) and the location can't be beat if you are attending a Sun's game. This was a very non-impressive stay at a place that has had a brand reputation for outstanding service. I hope that this is not another example of a hotel chain trying to survive by cutting corners!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank NM4Life
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hyatt's are one chain that you can normally count on and this stay was for a convention, so the location was perfect. Checking was fine but when we got to the room (king with a balcony) it was outdated, the balcony was just stuck there (very weird), a strange layout with lots of wasted space but the worst was one drawer in the whole room and 3 coat hangers. If you are attending a convention which this hotel is set up for they should know that you are going to have day clothes and night clothes. We stayed in room 334 which unfortunately is right besides the gym and every morning at 6AM you would hear guys dropping the weights on the floor which first of all the weights only go to 50 lbs and if a guy drops 50 lb. weights he should spent a lot more time in the gym and second of all have some class when working out. We went down to Networks to have lunch and the bill for 4 was $112. As you can see from my reviews we do travel a bit and I get paying a premium but the service was horrible every time that we went to that restaurant. We tried our best to cool down the room for sleeping and was told by 4 other convention goers that they had the same issue and could not get there rooms below 73 degrees which ours would not drop below 73.5. I love the location but Hyatt needs to either rebrand this hotel or close it and remodel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 334
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great location, great staff! This is definitely an excellent hotel to stay at for the price you pay. Yes, it could use a little updating but it is in no way dirty. I was very happy with my stay there. The bar was nice and the food was very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location and friendly staff makes this a great downtown hotel. Food in the bar was good and I didn't get upstairs to their high end restaurant. Yes, the hotel is due for a small facelift but it's in no way run down. recomended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Everyone at this Hotel was very nice, courteous and seemed to really care. Nice Fitness Center & Pool. Room gets a 9 out of 10 in cleanliness. I am fussy. Only complaint was that the top drawer was not wiped out, one large crumb in the corner and a icky hair by the toilet. Most people would not have noticed.

We could of used an extra chair in room besides the desk chair. There wasn't anywhere to eat except for the bed, unless one of us sat at the desk.

The TV reception was not very good. You also need to pay for Wi-Fi.

Sarah at the front desk very kind. Vallet attentive & Polite. Room Service excellent. Both Fatima & Emitze made our Room Service special. The Grill Downstairs "Networks" had good Bar Food with nice people.

If you stay here you can't go wrong. Close to many places.

If you need Champagne or Wine or other Libations, CVS not far from the Hotel can supply the need.

Room Tip: There was a frig in our room which was nice.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for the Phoenix Rock and Roll Marathon weekend. The location was good. The rooms were comfortable. The management and tone of the desk staff is unhelpful- read the full detail below. If having a choice of hotels, I recommend to keep looking. This hotel is pricey, fees for everything and the staff is unhelpful. We are hilton diamond members and this confirmed why- the Hyatt did not remotely compare to price, service or room.

Upon self-check-in, I asked for confirmation of the spa confirmation from their email link sent to me. The desk clerk looked at me like she had no idea a spa was connected to their hotel and told me she knew nothing with no offer to check.
The toilet in our room was not working the following morning after the maid service which was less than clean- my husband didnt realize we had even had someone come in.
The engineer was the bright spot- spending a long time working to resolve (in which we had to wait unfortunately). He offered us free breakfast coupons as a nice gesture for when we had to move rooms due to the malfunction. (Since we were running in the am, we weren't able to use the coupons. Most Hiltons, we have free breakfast- a perk I love!)
I left my pjs in the room in our quick pack-up. I was assured they would be brought and waited an hour. Upon returning to the hotel at night, still we had to ask- The clerk in training was not friendly or helpful and it was clear that she took her cues from the manager that was also unhelpful when I asked to retrieve them. I was able to track security down to get in the unoccupied room (which the manager confirmed) to grab the pjs.
At the desk, my husband asked for a banana. Was important bc we were running the race in the morning. Most higher end hotels have complimentary fruit,but thats beside the point. With three restaurants in the hotel the unhelpful manager and trainee said it wasnt possible to get a banana, again no checking or offer to help.We asked, can't you call the restaurant?- nope.
We called room service and guess what? They had a banana, which they brought with a charge of $6, but then reduced the price.
Pool deck ran out of chairs for people the whole time we were out. Would not be fun for kids if interested. Just had like 8 sets of stairs into a shallow area.
Finally, internet has fees (still-really?!) Of course with our phones we didnt need buy it, but would have used my computer if no fees existed.
The bill charged us for $5 bottle of water- we had bought our own at a nearby store for half the price. (again typically free in Hilton). When calling to have the charge removed, the management seemed less than concerned that her hotel was sub-par- not surprising. This place might have promise if the management (and desk staff) was replaced with cheerful and helpful people. Hyatt also needs to stop nickel and diming people- the hotel is already over-priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I was disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like to speak with your further regarding your stay and will send you my contact information in a message. Thank you for your feedback.