Hyatt Regency Phoenix
$186
$177
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$149
$132
Agoda.com
$238
$219
  • Restaurant
2,209 results
All reviewsconvention centercompass restaurantrevolving restaurantnetworks barbagel shopeinstein bagelschase fielddirectly across the streetbaseball stadiumwithin walking distancedowntown locationtop floorattending a conferenceroom serviceparking garagebusiness tripbit dated
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for the Phoenix Rock and Roll Marathon weekend. The location was good. The rooms were comfortable. The management and tone of the desk staff is unhelpful- read the full detail below. If having a choice of hotels, I recommend to keep looking. This hotel is pricey, fees for everything and the staff is unhelpful. We are hilton diamond members and this confirmed why- the Hyatt did not remotely compare to price, service or room.

Upon self-check-in, I asked for confirmation of the spa confirmation from their email link sent to me. The desk clerk looked at me like she had no idea a spa was connected to their hotel and told me she knew nothing with no offer to check.
The toilet in our room was not working the following morning after the maid service which was less than clean- my husband didnt realize we had even had someone come in.
The engineer was the bright spot- spending a long time working to resolve (in which we had to wait unfortunately). He offered us free breakfast coupons as a nice gesture for when we had to move rooms due to the malfunction. (Since we were running in the am, we weren't able to use the coupons. Most Hiltons, we have free breakfast- a perk I love!)
I left my pjs in the room in our quick pack-up. I was assured they would be brought and waited an hour. Upon returning to the hotel at night, still we had to ask- The clerk in training was not friendly or helpful and it was clear that she took her cues from the manager that was also unhelpful when I asked to retrieve them. I was able to track security down to get in the unoccupied room (which the manager confirmed) to grab the pjs.
At the desk, my husband asked for a banana. Was important bc we were running the race in the morning. Most higher end hotels have complimentary fruit,but thats beside the point. With three restaurants in the hotel the unhelpful manager and trainee said it wasnt possible to get a banana, again no checking or offer to help.We asked, can't you call the restaurant?- nope.
We called room service and guess what? They had a banana, which they brought with a charge of $6, but then reduced the price.
Pool deck ran out of chairs for people the whole time we were out. Would not be fun for kids if interested. Just had like 8 sets of stairs into a shallow area.
Finally, internet has fees (still-really?!) Of course with our phones we didnt need buy it, but would have used my computer if no fees existed.
The bill charged us for $5 bottle of water- we had bought our own at a nearby store for half the price. (again typically free in Hilton). When calling to have the charge removed, the management seemed less than concerned that her hotel was sub-par- not surprising. This place might have promise if the management (and desk staff) was replaced with cheerful and helpful people. Hyatt also needs to stop nickel and diming people- the hotel is already over-priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I was disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I would like to speak with your further regarding your stay and will send you my contact information in a message. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Professional and friendly service. The location was convenient as we were doing an expo across the street. Our room was comfortable and spacious. We arrived in the evening and was pleased that we could use the fitness facilities. We recommend and will return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel, however while the lobby looks pleasing to the eye, the furniture choices are poor, as they do not lend themselves to use for actually visiting. The chairs and sofas are low to the ground and difficult for most to get in and out of. While the room was adequate for the price, it was nothing "fantastic" especially in considering the name recognition of this brand. The pillows on the bed were horrible. Staff that we encountered were helpful. On site bar/grill seemed understaffed considering a large conference was in the hotel for meetings...we arrived at 8pm at night and wanted to grab a bite to eat, it appeared there was only 1 waiter on duty and he was struggling to keep up with all the tables that were occupied. I saw some folks get up and leave. We had to wait a long time between being seated and getting menus, between getting our drinks and our food and then again, little or no attention while we were eating and waited again to get bill and to complete payment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. I was concerned to hear about the service you received at our Networks Grill. I can assure you that this type of service is not the Hyatt standard and we can certainly do better. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate Managers and will be used as a retraining opportunity for our associates. We hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in the near future!

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Self check in on a computer! When we arrived we were told to check in on the computer, however we were assigned a double bed room when we had requested a king and friends of ours checking in at the same time had the opposite problem. When we got the attention of a girl at the desk and asked if we could trade we were rudely told that they were in a "sold out situation" and we couldn't just trade. After a few minutes on the computer she managed to trade our rooms. Bathrooms are small and rooms need refurbished. This hotel is not what we expected for the price and does not compare favorably to convention hotels we have stayed at in the past

• Stayed: January 2014

I am sorry to hear about the mix up and confusion that you encountered at our Front desk during check-in. I can assure you that we can do better and we strive to provide excellent customer service. We hope that you will have the chance to return and have a smooth visit at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This overall is a nice hotel.

The Pros.
The staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful even if currently they are in a labor dispute only made noticeable by the big sign out front.
The Lobby was nice and the conversion rooms were nice as well.
The rooms were comfortable but a bit dated.
They have coffee maker and safe in the room as well.
The beds were firm and very easy to sleep on.
I didn't hear any hallway or other room noise while inside my room either.
The Pool area is very nice and clean.
The gym is really well done with fitness center quality equipment. You will never wait for cardio equipment as they have a lot. Not like some other hotels.
All in all I could not complain and only had the one Con regarding the hotel.

The Con
The breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the 2nd floor looked very unappetizing and for the $15 price I had to pass. I actually left and went down the street to eat instead.

The rest of the meals I had at various places in this hotel were good so I'm not sure it the buffet was just an off day.
The price is high but I'm not sure what a hotel in Phoenix goes for but you won't be disappointed staying here.