“Yet Another Fine Hyatt” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oregon, USA
“Yet Another Fine Hyatt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hyatt's have a reliable reputation and this location does not disappoint, with some local flavor so they don't all look exactly the same. Great location for convention center, but then it turns out you are in downtown Phoenix which struck us as rather sedated except on game nights or the convention traffic. The bagel store was reasonably priced for an in-hotel location. It did annoy me that there was no scale anywhere in the hotel to use, not even in the fitness center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix and we apreciate your kind comments about out hotel. we hope that you return to the hotel soon on your next visit to Phoenix.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
Praia, Cape Verde
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This kind of hotel is usually beyond my means, but an online deal made it worthwhile. The hotel was attractive, clean and had large rooms with comfortable beds. The staff was professional and helpful. We had a room with a great view of the city. My kids loved the pool on the roof and we stayed a couple of hours after check-out to enjoy the sun a bit more before going back to the grey slush of home. The cost of parking was prohibitive, so if you can avoid that it will save you some money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chetsuabo
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding you recent hotel stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. It is our hope that when you return to the valley you choose our hotel as your place to stay again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel feels like you have to adjust to public facilities, rather than have your own personable space of convenience.

*Sink faucet pressure is so low that it's pathetic to use the bathtub instead.
*Desks have an unnecessary bar that will bruise your legs as you attempt to use its basic function.
*Plainest towels, and a sheet of "comforter" in a hotel, ever.
*The only hook in the bathroom is far away from logical reach.
*This building is tragic. It faces the wrong way.

Notes on service: nothing was "Done!" as I alerted the front desk to clean only partial of my room.
I come back, and it had not been "Done!"

And, since it's been booked through a third-party website, nothing could be done.

Easily and surprisingly worst hotel experience ever.

2 Thank Velectrisch L
Dear Sir,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor stay you had at our hotel. It is our goal to ensure that all of our customers staying at the hotel have a great stay with us. Obviously, in this case we fell well below your expectations. We appreciate your comments and take them seriously. It is our hope that upon your return to the valley you give us another chance to be your hotel in Phoenix.
Springfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I recent;y stayed here for two nights. The lobby is very clean and staff very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 3rd floor in the garden are. We did have to go outside to get to our room, which was fine. The room was a single king bed. Comfortable bed but our room smelled a little musty and it looked like they were trying to update the look of the room with modern furniture but the rest of the room seemed a little dingy and the bathroom as freezing and shower drain not working the best. we weren't spending a lot of time in our room so we could overlook most of this. I used the fitness room a couple times and this was very very nice and very clean. We ate breakfast the first morning at the 2nd floor restaurant. Food was average but definitely way overpriced. Loved Einstein Brothers though on the main floor as well as the Networks restaurant in lobby. All in all it was a good hotel and nice location right downtown with friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ariel B
Thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. We take your comments seriously and hope that you will stay with us again next time your in Phoenix.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and the hotel was beautiful, clean, very nice employees, good food, rooms were large, clean, updated with comfortable beds. Check in was a breeze. We had a room with a great view of the city. The restaurant down by the lobby had the greatest tortilla soup in the world. Probably one of the best hotels in downtown Phoenix.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Dana N
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while in town to present at a convention. My room was very nice, clean, comfortable, on the seventh floor. I booked a business package, which included access to the business center (didn't need) and breakfast in the morning. I checked in with the kiosk, which was efficient and pretty simple to use. The included breakfast did not include the room service hang tag as I found out later, and the desk staff made an adjustment to my bill because of the misunderstanding at check-in. Breakfast buffet at the Terrace was so-so, nothing to get excited about it. I would recommend ordering off the menu instead of the buffet.

All of the staff were really helpful and friendly. Dinner at the on-site bar was pretty good, but nothing to get excited about. I wouldn't necessarily choose this location for a vacation, but for a business trip to the convention center I'd say it's just fine.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you go in with low expectations, you will find this is a nice hotel. If you go in with moderate to high expectations, you will be disappointed. The only reason I would stay here again is if I am going to be going back and forth to the convention center. If convenient access to the convention center is your #1 goal, then this is the hotel for you. If not, then find another hotel.

The elevators are very slow, so I recommend staying in a low floor. However, floors 1-8 can hear any noise from the atrium, so if you don’t want to hear loud music from parties held in the atrium, stay in a room on floor 9 and up.

Because the elevators were so slow, I tried to take the stairs, but I couldn’t find them! After several minutes of searching, I finally found a flight of stairs, but it wouldn’t take me to the lobby; the stairs led me to the outside of the building. I called guest services and asked about the slow elevators. She said the elevators were being worked on. I asked if she could please notify guests next time, especially because it was so hard to find the stairs. I also asked if there was another flight of stairs more accessible I just wasn’t able to find; she said she would need to transfer me to security because “obviously [I was] concerned about this.” Wow – talk about terrible customer service!

On a positive note, the hotel breakfast (not included) was very tasty. It even had whole grain pancakes and cage-free eggs. Also, I really enjoyed the fitness center and complimentary headsets for the treadmills.

Room Tip: Stay in a low floor because the elevators are very slow; Stay in floor 9 or higher to avoid loud pa...