“Good option near convention center”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #27 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Good option near convention center”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Not a 5-star resort, but a great option if you need to be near the convention center. Close to the airport, and one of the better options downtown. Very well appointed, with a great staff. I've stayed in all the hotels near the convention center and this is my favorite.

Room Tip: Upgrades are relatively easy to get...just ask!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and staff. As the title noted, we are indeed very close to the convention center, not to mention US Airways Arena, Chase Field and many other venues, restaurants and businesses in downtown Phoenix. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in downtown Phoenix!

Thomas Delaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Perry Hall, Maryland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Fine hotel with the usual fine Hyatt service and staff. Spacious rooms with comfy beds and pillows. Conveniently located right across the street from the convention center and a short walk from sports venues US Airways Arena and Chase Field. Einstein Bros. Bagels located in lobby is very efficient for an early morning (6:00 a.m.) bagel and coffee. Networks Bar and Grill has good service in restaurant and bar with both inside and outside seating. If you're driving, the valet parking charge is $27.00/day, but there are several parking garages in the surrounding blocks. Check out Steve's Greenhouse Grill across the street for a great breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, especially our staff! You’re right, most everything you need is within a couple blocks, and we’re happy that it added to the convenience of your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for three nights not attend a conference at the convention center, which is just across the street. The staff were very nice and most helpful, kindly offering information in response to my puzzled expression! Room service was impressively fast, but I found the lack of ice water on the trays annoying. Even when i specifically requested it, none was delivered. Also, evidently the housekeeping and room service departments don't communicate because my breakfast tray was not removed until well after the room was cleaned and only after I called. It may be a small thing,but I find it annoying to have to call and tell them to remove a tray...they know they delivered one to me, why can't they just come get it? And if they are too busy to remember that, why can't the maid place a quick call? Or at least place the tray outside the door. But again, that's a relatively small thing though one of my pet peeves.

The room was quite spacious, and although not requested, was an accessible room, with grab bars all over the bathroom. The small, granite counter was overly cluttered with towels, glasses, the coffee maker, coffee cups, and Kleenex, leaving very little room for my toiletries. There should be a towel rack for the hand and face towels, and a shelf or drawer for some of the other items, freeing up valuable real estate for the guest! The bathroom fan cam on with the light and was the loudest I have ever heard! it sounded like a jet engine and was so loud there was no way to leave the bathroom light on for more than a minute or two. The rest of the room was clean and seemed recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of decent pillows. My main issue is with the so-called air conditioner, which would never cool the room below 70, in spite of being set well below that! I cannot sleep in a warm room, so consequently did not sleep well any night I was there. The fan moved the warm air around and provided some relief, but invoke up hot every hour or so.

Overall, this is a nice property and the staff is very good. I would stay here again if I were attending a convention at the convention center,but given the AC issues, never in the summer!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that the hotel staff was helpful in assisting you throughout your stay. Your feedback regarding your guest room and room service experience are greatly appreciated as it allows us the opportunity to improve our products and services. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Tooele, Utah
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We enjoyed our room, our view, and the over all experience. We had the free breakfast with our reservations. The breakfast was great each morning, but watch out for the Southwestern Benedict - it was really spicy. The room had a nice view towards downtown, the restaurant was wonderful, and the help was very useful. I loved my choice of 5 pillows!
Thanks

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyPhoenix, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nice hotel. Large and comfortable rooms. Only problem was their horrible Internet access complications. Front desk insists that these were teething problems with their new Internet service provider. I hope so.
Other than that everything was great. Friendly staff, nice bar.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, we are glad that your overall stay was a good one. We apologize for the poor internet connection as we were switching over to a new service. we can assure you that all is working well and the new service has upgraded our band width and overall coverage in the hotel. We look forward to having you back as as guest of the hotel in the future.
London
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I’ve just stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Phoenix. I found the whole experience altogether disconcerting. I left feeling ANNOYED. Being British, I have come to expect certain standards. These were NOT met. Here is my list of grievances:

(1) My room was very spacious, comfortable and indeed luxurious. There was not a single stain or burn-mark in sight. If you’re looking for that ‘lived in feel’, don’t come here!
(2) The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful and lucid. They were dressed impeccably and were relentlessly professional. No one reeked of booze! I found this very odd.
(3) The breakfast was horribly excessive. There is a huge variety of food on which to gorge. The eggs in particular were not nearly greasy enough.
(4) Be warned: there is a gym in the hotel. It is large and well-equipped.
(5) There is also a pool and hot tub. It’s very clean. There are an abundance of towels. Not a single used plaster or soggy cigarette in sight.

My misery was compounded by the fact that every time I looked out from my hotel window my eyes were assaulted with a vast vista of blue. Not a cloud in sight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last night for a Phoenix College Alumni event. This was my third stay here over the years and it was very nice with just one or two exceptions. The staff here has always been very friendly and helpful and this time was no exception. Valet parking, bell staff, front desk check in, Networks Bar & Grill waitress; all great. We requested a room on the third floor by the pool which we got with no problems. The room needs a bit of an update as the wallpaper is starting to show some wear and tear, and the air conditioning seemed a bit challenged to meet the 75 degrees that the register said it was. It seemed a lot warmer than that to me and hubby. Nice bathroom amenities, comfortable bed/pillows, in-room coffee for that early morning java jolt. All in all, another nice stay here. As mentioned before, this hotel is close to all the venues for concerts, sports, and conventions. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the downtown area.

Room Tip: If you want direct access to the pool/jacuzzi and fitness center, ask for a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HyattRegencyPhoenix, Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel! We value you as a long term customer and hope to see you again in the Valley of the Sun!