“Greate Location, and Good Hotel for Business”

Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Acroos the street from convention center so it can't be better than this.
you can park on the street and usualy alot of spots available after 5 PM for free and also meteres are not so expensive.
The resturant in the hotel is ok, although not alot of choices.

Room Tip: Don't opt for the upgrade to the executive suites for the extra 19 dollars or something like tha...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Great views, great rooms, and great rates but there are not many amenities included. Everything is extra and there is no airport shuttle or parking. Close to ball park and convention center. The breakfast is expensive. Compass restaurant has great views!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

For starters; great location. Next to convention center, near Chase Field, Arts Center...etc. Very close to metra "lite" rail which takes you around town and to Mesa, AZ. I enjoyed the pool (which is currently under renovation) and the lounge on ground level. I had beautiful view from 19th floor. I saw sunrize & sunset every day. Staff always accomadated me. Food was good but I ate dinner out in Phoenix and Mesa on all nights. Built up my hyatt points as well.

Room Tip: Get an upper level room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The location is great. It's right across from the convention center and very close to Chase Field, and the U.S Airway Center. It's very close to a great outdoor mall too! The elevators are awesome, they have windows in them! The breakfasts buffet is expensive but very good. The service is great. Very nice people. The room is decent. Clean and cozy.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 18, 2012

For a chain this hotel, located right in the heart of Downtown Phoenix, can't be beat. The staff is great, I had consistently great service from the front counter to the Restaurant to the housekeeping. Everyone was great and eager to help make my stay just a little nicer. The rooms are fantastic and well kept as you would expect. The lobby is beautiful and modern, the floors are gorgeous and the furniture is eye catching. The parking situation is someone annoying, but given the location to be expected (I stomached the high valet fee). The pool is beautiful and is set amongst the skyscrapers of downtown Phoenix with the planes taking off from the airport cruising by in the distance. The gym kids well kept and while somewhat small for a hotel you could do worse. The downstairs sports bar is pretty straight forward and offers a wide variety of selections. I had the buffalo chicken sandwich with a side salad and both were very good, the salad somewhat Moreno than the sandwich. They offer sushi which I would probably stay away from,but beyond that I doubt you can go wrong. If you are attending a convention it's right across the street so you can't beat the location. There is also a salon just around the corner good for men or women that isn't a part of the hotel but is attached, they did a reasonably good job as well (I walked in without issue). If you need a spot to stay downtown this will serve you well.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My trip to the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix was nothing short of wonderful. From the moment I walked in I could feel the time and energy taken into making this hotel look impeccable. Whereas I've seen many hotels where the pictures did not match the actual location, this hotel was magnificent.

I loved everything from the elevator ride up to my room to the room itself, the view was amazing and as it was my first time in Phoenix I was thankful to see as much as I could. I stayed in a room with two queen beds and they were heavenly, whether it was the plane ride to Arizona or the mattress itself, I could not have asked for a comfier bed.

As I looked around and explored what the room had to offer I found everything in great condition and particularly catered for a conference attendee/business trip related needs. The cleaning service was also prompt and respectful of things laying around, which I have found is a major factor in the overall view of any hotel.

My only concerns while staying in the hotel were the somewhat outrageous internet prices which seemed higher than they should be for the price to stay in the rooms, although the internet had a decent speed and the water quality in the shower. Throughout my near week-long stay there wasn't any day where I felt the soap I used fully got washed off my body while showering which was pretty disappointing, however, I am not sure if that was entirely a concern with the hotel or general water supply of the area/state.

Finally, if I were to be in the area again, it might not be my first choice to stay, but I would highly consider it because of its proximity to other restaurants, shops, etc. I would definitely mention it to other friends/colleagues who mention going to the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jos R
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is an "okay" hotel but a little dated and worn. Very convenient for any downtown attractions i.e. convention center, ballpark, arena etc. Restraunt is a bit faceless but food was good. Airconditioning in the room was very noisy, a bit like being on a cruise ship.

• Stayed: August 2012