“Work, I stay here for 4 nights.”

Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Ranked #88 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was nice and people were friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, nice view, and had a great balcony. The breakfast was great! I liked the selection and special the every morning waitress - LUPITA. She meets you with a smile!

The one drawback was the traffic noise from my side of the hotel. Interstate 10 stays busy all night long.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the interstate due to the constant noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank your for staying with us! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I forgot to look at the TripAdvisor reviews before booking this hotel and boy did my family and I pay the price.

First off, as previously mentioned, the parking lot spaces are extremely small.

Second, the hotel is in need of a major update and cleaning. The elevator is slow as molasses. My three year old daughter even noticed as she said how slow it was almost every time we had to wait for the elevator. You can tell the interior is a bit old and the carpet is need of some major cleaning. My children would take their shoes and socks off, have clean feet, and then they would be black after walking around the room for a bit.

Third, and worse of all, is a complete lack of costomer service. My family and I walked into our room around 9:30 PM one night and found one of our beds completely undone and no towels to dry off with in the room. I called the front desk to ask for sheets and towels and the front desk clerk told me that there were no housekeepers on duty and that I would have to make my own bed. I asked him for a comforter and he said none were available. He told me to report it to the manager the next morning. I indeed reported it to the manager. She said she was sorry, but did not offer anything in return for the complete inconvenience of having to do housekeeping's job while my kids are waiting to go to bed. A few minutes later, she and the housekeeping manager came up to my room to give me a comforter after I told her I did not want housekeeping in our room anymore. The problem was they still did not have a comfortable and gave me a blanket instead. How do you have a hotel, but not enough comforters for every bed in the hotel?! We left that day and placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. We arrived back that night to find the sign gone. Housekeeping went into our room, when they were not supposed to, and emptied our garbage can. That's all they did. They did not provide a comforter for the bed and did not replace any of our towels.

This is by far the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at and one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had in my life. Corporate should shut this location down because it is a disgrace to the IHG brand. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Holiday Inn in North Phoenix. It puts this place to shame.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kandkwed
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for letting me know of the issues during your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. I have spoken with my department managers regarding your stay, however I would like to converse with you directly as I take any opportunity for our staff to improve very seriously. I do apologize for our shortcomings during your visit with us and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband, in-laws, and myself stayed at this hotel for four days in February.
The front desk staff was very helpful. Even adding an extra, last minute day to our stay.
The bartender was very nice & friendly. She even made a special drink for my husband & I.
All housekeeping staff I encountered were very friendly.
Even the late night room service was accepted kindly.
We particularly liked the waitress at the hotel restaurant. We ate there everyday for breakfast. She was always cheerful, professional, personable.
Overall, our stay here was very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West! We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Phoenix!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here during NASCAR weekend, so the prices were jacked up and the parking sucked. I called in advance because I knew it was busy but was told it should be fine (I have a truck/trailer). OK, on the plus side, the bartender (Dan I think it was) was pleasant and the food was good. The room was OK, the internet was little slow but being they were sold out, I will give them that one. The facility is a little dated but not too bad. The downside was when I needed to get parked one night and the lot was full. There was no backup plan, when I asked if there were any additional parking options I was basically told there weren't and good luck. After well over an hour I finally found a place to park (at another hotel some blocks away). It was just a frustrating experience. I wasn't offered so much as a free drink coupon or breakfast or something to keep me happy. Being a platinum points member, I would not stay here again, parking or no parking. There are much better options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us in Phoenix. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience of our parking lot situation. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience so we may discuss. Additionally, I will be talking with my staff on the correct way to accommodate our guests parking needs

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My flight was delayed and I arrived in Phoenix about 2:40am on 12/6/13. I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn, but it was right off I-10. The night auditor who checked me in was extremely helpful and friendly. She also provided me with a voucher for breakfast in the morning. The hotel and room was extremely quiet, which I loved. The waitress for breakfast was so friendly and the breakfast was DELICIOUS!!! (I had the American Skillet). I had spoken to front desk agent because I had forgotten some items (deodorant, etc) and she provided. EVERYONE from the housekeeping staff to front desk staff to any staff you walked past were extremely friendly! I was pleased with my stay and advised the staff of how pleasant the stay was! An added bonus was the balcony.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Good Morning! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Phoenix!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

the Holiday Inn staff proves the adage that it is the people and not the building. from the Front Desk to Housekeeping to Restaurant and Security assisting me with an opportunity, all went out of their way to make me feel safe and happy. Thank You

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. I am so pleased that our customer service from each staff member you encountered was everything you've come to expect at Holiday Inn! We always love hearing from our guests to continue improving and doing things right the first time for our customers! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Did not serve any type of complimentary breakfast. Front desk took forever to answer the phone. Room quality was like furniture from a cheap hotel. Flat screen tv but horrible quality and very very few channels.

• Stayed: October 2013
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

I am very sorry to hear your stay with us was not pleasing. We are a full service Holiday Inn which does not include breakfast, however we do have a full service restaurant onsite with breakfast menus available. We will need to look into our channel selections and possibly make a change to continue satisfying our guests needs. I have also spoken with our staff at the Front Desk to make sure all calls are answered in a timely fashion. I thank you for your feedback as it allows us an opportunity to ensure every guest stay is perfect.