“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #88 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Houston, Texas
“Good Business Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a 3 day business stay. The front desk staff is exceptionally pleasant. It was a
very easy check-in.

Rooms are large, clean, and clean carpeting. Upper rooms on the outside have balconies. Flat Screen TV with about 45 channels, and a great picture. Microwave & fridge. My room had a mini table with the Coffee maker, Ice bucket, and accessories. It was nice to have those things out of the way, and convenient when needed. Well lit, Executive style work desk with outlets on the lamp, and a power strip on the floor next to the desk.

The bed was clean with outlets on both sides of the bed. Each side had its own lamp plus a goose neck reading lamp. The mattress was much too soft for me. It was sort of like trying to roll out of a hole every time I tried to move. This is a busy area, and traffic noise is constant. The heat / AC is quiet and effective.

Bathroom is medium size with good water pressure, and hot water.

Since this is a full service Hotel, Breakfast is not free. A cooked to order breakfast runs around 10 bucks average, and is very good. (It’s worth it.)

I don't use Hotel Pools, or Spa's, so I can't comment.

Fast food and convenience stores are close, but the neighborhood isn’t the best.

This is a good Hotel for Business, and worth returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmphoenixwest, Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

First time stay at this hotel in Phoenix. I travel for a living and really enjoyed this hotel and the friendly staff. Best part was that it was clean! Easy access to the Interstate and a gas station before getting back on the road. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lru
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. We know our guests deserve a clean and friendly environment when traveling. We hope to see you next time you visit Phoenix!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I like and trust Holiday Inns no more! Pulled into this hotel at 4am tired and exhausted. Unloaded all of our luggage and started to brush my teeth. That's when I noticed a toothpaste stain/spot on the counter. Totally grossed me out and went to turn on the faucet to wash it off, the faucet handle was covered in toothpaste and water spots. The second sink was far worse!!! It was covered in toothpaste, water spots, and hair!!!! So then I really started to check the place out. The toilet had toilet paper in it, the bathroom floor was filthy, the bed sheets had not been changed (small hairs near pillows), and the shower stall was disgusting! I read the reviews and was astonished to find a 3 star rating and TONS of complaints. In my

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Since you have stayed with us, there have been many improvements at our property. We have made great strides with not only our staffing but training as well. I do invite you to return and please contact management directly so we can be sure your stay with us is excellent!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

we stayed at the hotel for few weeks And worked crazy hours but when we asked for our rooms to be cleaned in all hours of the day the executive housekeeper was willing to have her housekeeper s and her self help us out cleaning them.What a nice and helpful Lady she was .She is a keeper.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ogkenny
First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West. Secondly thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are always striving to improve our property and service. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Phoenix.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I can say that I have lessen my expectations of this hotel. I have stayed here a few times and can almost tell you how I would be treated as soon as I step in to the front desk. Every single time I check in, I'll stand there waiting for someone to help me, a "Hello" maybe. Oh no, they are too busy to check me in. And when they do, personality is colder than a freezer, straight face. If there was another Holiday Inn more west on the 10 fwy, I would gladly stay there. Unfortunately, there isn't.
And with the decor, they need a much needed upgrade. I know they went through renovations a few years back but I don't see the difference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I apologize for your recent experience with my front desk staff. This is not what I expect from my staff. I have made a few changes and this should be corrected. Also, we did go thru renovations last year and more changes are in the plans for the upcoming year. Thank you again for your comments and bringing to my attention issues that are occuring at our hotel. Please give us another try on your next trip thru Phoenix.
Thanks, Mary Newland General Manager
Tularosa, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wanting to be on the West side of Phoenix we found this Hotel. We were greeted by friendly staff, assigned a pleasant room and found our way to the lounge. Again friendly staff and from all we met they had confidence in the in house dining. They were correct. The restraunt is worth going into even if you aren't staying there. Our steaks were very good, the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. Nice presentation, gently steamed veggies. Afterwards the beds turned out to be so comfortable and breakfast was again way beyond typical hotel breakfast. All in all
a very nice break in our travels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeannie N
New Auburn, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is dated and the mattresses/furniture need to be replaced. I've stayed here off and on over eight years, but refused to go back because of the heavy criminal activity in the neighborhood. Watching police helicopters shine spotlights over the neighborhood does not put me in the mood for a good night's sleep. The rooms overlook a drain culvert that the homeless use to push carts around and sleep. The bar/grill onsite is so-so, but is the safest choice as you don't need to leave the hotel. Parking is tight and a hassle.
The staff is friendly and helpful, but unless you really need to exit the 10 freeway and sleep, avoid this one. There are better alternatives a few miles down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor as the elevators are frequently out of order. Walking up four flights of stairs...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
We appreciate your comments and we have just finished renovation on our lobby, pool, complimentary guest laundry facility and working on finishing all our rooms. We have one floor complete now. The Phoenix Police Department are working on cleaning this area up and it is improving and with their presence regularly in the area it helps keep the crime down. Thanks again and we do hope you give us a chance again in the future.