“Unclean/ not working Bathroom-Unprofessional Customer Service”

Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a night in Dec 2009. Had a late check in, dropped luggage and wen to meet friends. Came back at 2:30 AM to notice the toilet flooded after flushing, and the bath tub was covered in some kind of black stuff. Ran to the phone to call the front desk to realise the phone was not working. While the toilet flooding , now seeped in to the room, put my jacket over my PJs ran downstairs to inform the front desk about flooding. They immediately put me in a another room, but so far not a single apology from Hilton after numerous customer reviews. Very unprofessional of Hilton to keep dirty bathrooms, not working phones and worst customer service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed January 1, 2010

My trip to the Hilton Phoenix Airport was in a capcity as the meeting organizer for the first time. The Sales Team there was incredibly flexible to our every need and change and were very understanding that I had never acted in a organizer role before. Every detail of the meeting including rooms, equiment, and meals, were carried out just as planned. In fact, our VP that attended the meeting stood up at the end of the meeting and made a call to action to all participants to consider this hotel when planning our next event. As a side note, he did not do that at other hotel meetings that he attended for the same project.
But for the standard hotel review information, the hotel is located about 5 miles from the airport and they do offer a shuttle. There are restaurants on site, but not many outside that area. It is a 20 minute drive to Scottsdale where there are a tremendous amount of accomodations for eating, shopping etc. The check-in process was seamless and I was provided with recognition of my meeting organizer role and was treated well. The rooms were well equipped with soft beds and modern appliances and tvs. The only negative is that they segregate/name the floors based on point level. Although I was at the hotel in a meeting organizer capacity, I was put on the silver level floor, which was nice. However, the more elite HiltonHonors members were put on the 4th floor that included a full breakfast. It would've been nicer to not name the floors in the elevator, but just make note to the hotel guests of the extra ammenitites so that others would not feel slighted when they get in the elevator.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank natalya1299
Reviewed December 17, 2009

The hotel is very close to the airport and is a decent price. However, the two times I stayed there we had problems with the rooms. The first time we were given a room where the bathroom had not been entirely cleaned and had missing/used amenities, though the front desk was friendly about us switching rooms. When we were back a few days later we checked into a junior suite only to find that the controls for the heat did not work and the toilet did not flush. We called the front desk and was told an engineer would come to fix the problems, but after waiting over 30 minutes in the freezing room no one arrived. We insisted on being moved to another room only to find that its bathroom was also not entirely clean, the whirl pool tub was covered in hair and grim. In addition, the room had someone else's room-service remains in front of it which were not removed the entire time we were there. Rather than complain again we decided to stay in the room and never come back to this property again.

Other than the cleanliness issue the rooms were dated but fine and the beds were very comfortable. The pool area was nice, though the lobby had large portions sectioned off with caution tape.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank libcat84
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Since family members moved to the Phoenix area I have found myself making the trek from Chicago on holidays and, occasionally, just for the break. My flights out of Chicago usually bring me in later than I care to disturb family so my routine has been to find an airport hotel to relax for the evening.

The Hilton Phoenix Airport is the perfect oasis near the airport. Comfortable, large, well appointed rooms with friendly staff from the shuttle bus drivers, front desk staff, and the bartenders and waiters/waitresses in the reasonably priced restaurant. The hotel has a nice courtyard pool and is nicely quiet. I have always found this hotel to be a good value for the rates.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank EdCo
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Booked this hotel in order to catch an early flight out of Sky Harbor.

Location is very convenient to airport, but in remote office park area, adjacent to seedy neighborhood of junk yards and gentlemen's clubs. Need to drive a couple miles if you want to dine outside the hotel restaurant.

Shuttle drivers were super nice and professional, picking me up both in the evening after dropping my rental car, and getting my family to the terminal in the pre-dawn hours.

Room service food was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Convenient to the Phoenix airport as it is about a mile from the terminal. It has shuttle service. I write only as a frequent business travelor and a Hilton Platinum with some minimal expectations of a hotel that sells itself as business friendly. My biggest beef is when a business hotel has a marginal, at best, internet. When checking in I specifically asked for a wireless room and was told that it may or may not work. It didn't. So, I am now hooked in at the desk and the cable connection is as slow as molasses. I simply could not do my work. So, I end up looking for a Starbucks. It is inexcusable in todays world for a hotel not to have a top of the line internet connection. One more note. Although I was on the 4th floor for Honor's Members only one ice machine worked and every time I tried to get ice I got dirt...lots of it...in my ice. I finally gave up. If you have to stay by the airport and you don't want to put up with the hassles at this hotel there are several alternatives in the neighborhood. Come on Hilton get it right or get out of the business hotel arena.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler1Denver_Co
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I were traveling to Hawaii and had an overnight stay here. My husband who has cancer fell ill during the night and was admitted to the hospital. We had to keep our room here for 4 days while he was sick. The staff in the hotel and restaurant were so kind and accommodating I couldn't thank them enough.
The beds are like sleeping in a cloud, rooms were large and clean and I never had anything but delicious meals in the restaurant (great service there too).
There are parts of the hotel that are dated (which they are refurbishing) but I would rather have all of the above than perfect decor.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple