“Never Again”

Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Ashland, Oregon
“Never Again”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is my second stay, and there won't be a third. The breakfast is ok, but the dinner is dreadful. I paid $27.95 for a ribeye I order medium rare, only to have it arrive well done. I sent it back and it arrived well done again. The baked potato had the texture of something overdone in the microwave. A Denny's would have been far better. Not sure if the food is the reason 2 people in my party were ill (one is at the hospital now). Its unfortunate because there are no other dining options less than .4 mile away.

Internet service was unreliable. At one point, the entire hotel lost internet, and I spend 40 minutes with tech support, who couldn't resolve it. I inquired about that at the front desk, the staff thought was just my room, only to learn an hour later that it was a router problem for the entire hotel.

Most of the gym equipment is in disrepair. In fact, the hotel seems tired and not well kept up.

Room Tip: Honestly, I wouldn't recommend a stay here. Unfortunately, these additional ratings don't g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your dining experience. I have brought your comments to our culinary team so that we may improve for future guests. I apologize for the lackluster internet service you experienced and we’re currently working with our service provider so this situation doesn’t repeat itself. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Detroit, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice property and staff were helpful and friendly. We arrived on a Saturday night and Sunday morning was Easter Sunday. We expecting reduced services but the breakfast buffet was great and the staff who had to come to work on Easter Sunday were all great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We are delighted that you stayed with us here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. It is our primary goal to provide a wonderful stay for all of our guests and I am pleased to know that we did just that. I am happy to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Crownpoint, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My family of four and I had ZERO problems during our stay. I am an HHonors member and they treated me and my family with great respect. The staff is super friendly and they provide hasty service. I recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a quality service hotel with a clean & comfortable environment at the right price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We are very proud of the wonderful service our employees provide our guests, thank you for recognizing them. We appreciate the recommendation from such a loyal Hilton guest as you. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ventura, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was upgraded to a bigger room upon arrival. Staff was friendly and helpful. A little bit of issue with billing which was kind of a joke but I am an overall big Hilton fan. I would recommend this hotel to someone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate your recommendation to other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bristow, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hotel was conveniently located near the airport and the downtown Mill Street area. The pool was nice and the beds were comfortable. We used the shuttle to the airport and it was efficient and friendly. WIFI was not included in the room rate (and neither is breakfast like some other comparably priced hotels in the area).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I know that a great review like this one will be very helpful to other travelers when coming to visit our property. We hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Phoenix.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Overall our hotel experience here was good with excellent staff, especially in the restaurant. However there were minor maintenance and housekeeping issues which were not up to Hilton standards. $10 per day charge for internet was unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you selected our hotel during your recent visit to the area and appreciate the wonderful comments about our fantastic staff here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you encountered during your stay. We will continue to make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest standards for all of our guests. We hope you think of us the next time you visit the valley.
California, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I'm a loyal Hilton customer and I try to book with Hilton anytime I can. The only issue that I had during this trip was I thought the hotel offered internet in the room, but I was wrong. Next time I have to read the find print better. Other than that great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon.