“Good value and friendly service”

Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Istanbul
“Good value and friendly service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked hotel without any reference. We arrived later in the day and had a meal in the bar and went straight to sleep. The room was clean an comfortable. We found the front desk staff courteous and helpful. We left early in the morning and the shuttle driver was full of good advice; which we followed and were pleasantly surprised with his recommendations. The hotel is not luxurious but it is good value for money; I would go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We are pleased to hear you had such a nice stay even though it was brief. Thanks for sharing your great comments. Hopefully next visit you can stay with us longer and enjoy all that we have to offer. I wish you safe travels and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been for Hilton hotels for now 2 years for my business and pleasure trips.
Well, this property is little old but is OK/avg for the one night business trip in my opinion. Hotel service staff is good, responsive, gym is good too. They have nice restaurant if you want to relax after a long day, there is a pool. Bed is not that comfor
I like them specially as they have shuttles to my workplace in phoenix.
All in all a good place, one suggestion, why dont you give a bottle of water complimentary in summer to your guests as your other member hotels do ?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We truly appreciate you mentioning our fantastic staff and wonderful onsite amenities that we offer; including our 24/7 Airport Shuttle. Please know, we do provide complimentary water bottles upon check-in and our Hilton Diamond and Gold members do receive those in their rooms as well. I want to apologize if this did not happen during your stay, I will be sure to communicate to the appropriate individuals to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We hope to see you again.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Checked in a Saturday night around 9:00 pm. No problems... Easy parking... Nice junior suite. Quick dinner in the bar... Food was average... Same with service. ... No complaints ... Same for breakfast and check out

Room Tip: Book ahead of time
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. It is always great to learn that our guests leave here from a problem-free visit. We do hope you can make it back to our property next time in the Phoenix area. We know we can provide you with a better than average experience in the future. Safe Travel and we hope to see you again.
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night as it is really close to the airport and quite convenient to get to ASU (take bus 30). Here are the pros and cons:

1. The hotel is surprisingly quiet given its proximity to the airport and the highway. I typically use earplugs when staying at airport hotels but don't find the need to do so here.
2. The amenities in the rooms are on par with what I expect from a typically full-service Hilton.
3. The bed is clean and comfortable and the bath room is shining (it lacks a bathrobe though).
4. As an HHonor gold member, I also got two coupons - one for free breakfast and one for free appetizer and non-alcoholic beverage at the bar & restaurant below. The portion of the appetizer is large enough to make it a meal.
5. Excellent price - I think I paid only $60+ using a pre-paid deal on hilton website.
6. Got a free upgrade to the executive floor.

Cons:

1. While the deco is new the room itself is quite a bit old - the light switch is very old fashioned as well as the ceiling.
2. No other restaurants or bars within walking distance.
3. Internet is not free. It is not surprising given it is branded as a full service HIlton but still annoying. I have to use my cell phone's tethering function.

Overall, a real steal given the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bin.gu
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We greatly appreciate your detailed review of the Hilton Phoenix Airport. I believe that no one can tell our story better than our guests and we are delighted you have had so many wonderful things to mention about our property and your experience. We believe that this will be very helpful to other travelers. We truly appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It's an older Hilton Hotel, in an area that's not great. My room was down a long, long corridor, winding around the hotel. I did not like the fact that my room was so far from the front of the hotel where I parked my car. If there was another way to my room, no one mentioned it. My room was in the back of the hotel near the exit and a stairwell. Being that I stayed there alone, I was not happy to be in that area. Nonetheless, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I did have to pay $9.95 for the wifi, which most hotels provide for free. I spent one night there and if I had to stay longer I think I would have found another hotel. The man in the gift shop was very nice and helpful, he made the stay less miserable. He has a lot of snacks, drinks and nice gifts in his shop. P.S. I feel that because I booke my room online and got a discount they gave me the worst room possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We truly appreciate your feedback about the Hilton Phoenix Airport. It is disappointing to know that you left here not wanting to come back. It is our primary goal to provide a comfortable, stress free stay for each of our guests and I apologize that we have failed you in that. All of us here at the Hilton are reviewing your comments and will be utilizing them towards future changes to the property. We hope you give us a second chance. Thank You.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

For an airport hotel, which is used mostly for people passing by, it's a fairly good deal. Bad luck for us that the day we stayed was damn warm - 40C/104F - at 22:00!!! As a result (we were told at the reception desk), the fire alarm went off twice during our night sleep; our 1-year-old son was a bit fussy to go to bed, and if you have small kids that struggle to go to bed and their "night-night" is interrupted like that, so you know. :-)

Please fix this alarm thing... As a one-nighter hotel, this sounds bad.

Taking that away, I recommend it. Yes, still.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with details from your stay here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport. We sincerely apologize for the alarm issue encountered during your stay. The comfort and safety of you and your family is our number one concern and I am disappointed to hear that this incident occurred during your stay and was quite the disturbance. We do hope that the next time you are in the area you will still consider staying with us again. Thank you.
Saint Johns, AZ
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. I used my HHonors card and a discount code to get what I thought was a great rate for a Hilton. I applied for available upgrades, and got one for a One bedroom suite. Score!
The front desk was friendly and welcoming, and gave us free breakfast coupons for the restaurant since the Executive Lounge is closed on weekends. Very cool.
As we walked down some serious long hallways, my enthusiasm kinda diminished. Stained carpeting here and there. Room service tray left out (that we saw many hours later, but apparently was picked up that morning). Hmm.
So, we got to the room, which was in an odd 3 door cubby in a corner. Upon first opening, you're hit in the face with this smell. Like someone let a wet dog in the room, but then left. It wasn't like "Oh dear god in heaven", but it was REALLY persistent. To the housekeeping's credit, the sweet lady named Maria (she made a point of introductions, and was very pleasant), left us a bottle of air freshener for the weekend. We used it many times, but could never get the smell to go away.
The rest of the room, while spacious, is horribly dated. The furniture has it's fair share of bumps and uncountable scratches. The overall decor is probably 20+ years old. The curtains had small tears and stains all over (what I hope was ketchup, but I didn't dare investigate closer). Even the baggage/bell hop cart was gross. It looked like noone had ever cleaned it.. fingerprints, smudges, and smears of god knows what on all the bars. It was VERY disappointing for the quality I think of for a Hilton.
Aside from the sofa bed having old sheets still on it (the other reason for calling housekeeping), crumbs and hairs included, the room was clean however. The bed was clean, the sheets clean, and I am meticulous about checking this (the idea of bedbugs or something scares the bajesus out of me). All clean, and that was good. The towels were heavier weight, and there was PLENTY! The bathroom, while dated, was incredibly large. It is seriously showing it's age and wear, however. Paint peeling on the ceiling, one too many caulking attempts in the shower, the jetted tub looking quite well used, etc. But it was clean and stocked. A lot of the finish work seemed to be odd. Something missing from the kitchen (a dishwasher?), door protectors being cut crudely to fit around door knobs, etc. Our neighbor's door seemed like it had tape holding the peephole together.. no idea there, I didn't stay to study it.

The staff were all friendly, and the only problem I had in a staff-respect was that nobody answers their phones. Seriously. Housekeeping took 3 attempts, a few minutes a piece. The front desk one night took 4 attempts, including even calling the hotel's phone book number to try and get a hold of anyone (note: they charge for local calls. I got them to remove that $0.75 charge after showing that I was trying to call THEM from my room. which brings up a point... 0.75 cent for a call that no one picked up??? Wow).

The hotel is fairly quiet from the road noise, which is loud outside. However, we heard jets taking off all night from the airport. It sounded kind of like thunder rumbling, so it didn't bother me much, but for those looking for absolute silence, I don't think you'll get it. The plus side is, it's crazy close to the PHX airport.
The a/c worked great, and will chill you out if you forget to turn it down.

There is a restaurant onsite and a "gift shop" of sorts, but honestly, it's a bit pricey. $3.99 for a 1 liter bottle of water. When I asked my hubby how much the breakfast buffet was if he had paid (we got coupons for it), he said it was something like $15/person. So, plan accordingly.

So, overall, it was an okay stay. The service was good, but the room was a big disappointment for what I expect from a name brand like this. If I had to pay full rates, I would have been seriously mad. But, the event we were attending was right in the hotel, and that saved us a lot of effort and gas money, so it worked out well. I might stay here again if future events are held here, but ONLY on a good discounted rate.

Room Tip: Maybe ask if a room has been updated; you might have a better experience.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrianas6
General_Manager04, General Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing details about your stay with us here at the Hilton Phoenix Airport, and providing such great comments regarding our staff. We understand guest room presentation was a concern, and assure you that we will use your feedback to improve. I have shared your comments with our front desk and housekeeping teams to ensure guest satisfaction is met each and every time. I apologize if you did not feel your experience with us was a good value as we try to provide a unique stay for each guest while keeping costs affordable. I hope you will give us another chance to offer authentic Hilton hospitality when you return to the area. Thank you.