“Great Airport hotel/great rooms!”

Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We arrived on Sunday November 27th and chose this property because we had a 6 am flight the next morning. The hotel offers a free Airport Shuttle so it made sense. **NOTE** the shuttle is not available upon request as it leaves every half hour so keep this in mind when planning on your departure to airport. The room was fabulous! We had regular King size room which included pull out sofa, wet bar, whirl pool tub & shower in bathroom. Bed was very comfy and room overall was very clean. Whirl pool jets could've used some cleaning but it was not a huge issue. **NOTE** Wifi in rooms is not complimentary unless included in your rate and I believe it was about $10 a day, however; the public areas such as lobby and bar/restaurant do have free Wifi. We had drinks and snacks at the bar and the staff was very friendly & courteous. Only downside was that we booked this through priceline and did not receive Hilton Honors points for the stay. We booked through Priceline because the rate was lower than the Hilton website. The next morning the shuttle was ready to go and since ours was full there was another waiting to depart at the same time (around 6 am) I would definitely recommend this hotel. If we are in the Phoenix area again in the future, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy r
Ashlie C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments and notes to other travelers. It is such a pleasure to know that your experience was a positive one. We continue to make it our goal to provide the best guest experiences. We appreciate you sharing your great response on TripAdvisor. We value your business and loyalty to the Hilton Brand and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Phoenix Airport

Reviewed November 26, 2011

We booked this hotel because we were coming in late in the Phoenix area. They have free shuttle service but make sure you have the hotel number because it is not listed as an option at the airport. (Management - this is something that you may want to fix for the convenience of guests) We did not have to wait long, once we got the number. The bar at the lobby area has good food. Tacos are good, I ordered chicken instead of beef. (a tip for the nonred meat eaters) the salsa is a little too spicy for my liking, though.

If you are a Hilton Honors member, book a room at the concierge level. The extra money you pay I think is worth it for the free breakfast and drinks/soda.

The rooms are nice and clean. Beds comfortable and bathrooms clean with nice toiletries. (not the cheapo generic ones)

There is a Hertz rental car option but when you book,make sure you specify to pick up the car at the hotel. It saves a lot of time because you can easily waste an hour if take the shuttle again to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011
Ashlie C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

We are so pleased to know that found your stay with us such a positive one. We strive to provide top notch experiences for each of our guests and certainly appreciate all feedback we receive. We are delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded experience to our Executive floor as well as our popular chicken tacos in the bar. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was at a one day conference at the hotel and didn't stay there. I ate at the restaurant and the food was good and the staff was friendly. The gift shop is another story. The proprietor was rude and the prices were outrageous. $3.28 for a 16 oz. bottle of Diet Coke. Avoid the gift shop if you can.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ArJayDee3
Ashlie C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for the great comments about our restaurant. We take pride in knowing that our staff is always willing with a smile.
I apologize that you were a victim of the high pricing in the gift shop on our property. Please know, this is a third party ownership and we will be discussing your comments with them to help educate for a better experience in the future.
If you are able to make it back to our property and feel more comfortable with an alternative, each of our floors have vending machines with great soda selections.

Again, we want to thank you for reviewing your recent visit to our property and using Trip Advisor. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am business traveler and Diamond member. No wifi in rooms... wont be back.

Hotel management.. ever hear of ipad... it doesn't plug in. Helloooooooo.

Whoever owns the place... take note, wireless is a MUST.

Room Tip: room 416 is fine and over looks pool. NO WIFI - stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DonBunch

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. All feedback we receive is essential to the success of our hotel. And we will utilize your comments for a better experience in the future.

I want to apologize if we did not communicate correctly about our internet service. Though we do charge in guest rooms, Diamond members have the privilege of complimentary access anywhere in the hotel. Please know, we are in the process of updating our wireless internet and hope you will give us another chance to show you our improvements.

Again, thank you for your feedback and using Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton Brand. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business and found that the food at the restaurant is really good. The steak tacos are fantastic! My only complaint is that there is no wi fi on the rooms. At the lobby is paid, even for Diamond Members!!

Room Tip: As a diamond member yo u get access to the 4th floor. Free buffet and a great business center
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramon-33126
Ashlie C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent stay with us. I must agree that our steak tacos truly are fantastic and we would be delighted if you could make it back to enjoy a few more of our southwest favorites.
I would like to apologize if we did not communicate correctly about our internet service. Though we do charge in guest rooms, diamond members have the privilege of complimentary access anywhere in the hotel. By applying the charges to your room our front desk staff is happy to take care of them prior to check out. I did notice you were able to take advantage of the great benefits of the executive lounge, where we do indeed have complimentary wifi as well. I will utilize your experience to help me better educate our staff on proper communication of HHonors benefits.
Again, I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback and for using tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and loyalty and hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

The convenience to the airport is terrific. One thing to note: the hotel does have shuttle service but is NOT listed on the shuttle board. Be sure you have the phone number with you. (I called information and got one of the Garden Inns not this hotel.)

The shuttle service is 24/7 on the hour and half hour and it's at most a 5 minute ride to PHX.

The hotel is immaculate and comfortable. It appears they may have recently updated the guest rooms and other spaces. The room I was in was, by request, near an elevator and yet was very quiet. I didn't hear noise from outside or from the lobby.

Excellent room service - something that can make or break my view of a hotel. Good choices and service.

Good desk and chair but like so many places, wireless and wired internet access is charged -- and I needed it for both my computer and iphone which meant it was a double charge.

The room could use more lighting in a few places and 3 way bulbs for better lighting. It was my only complaint!

Gift shop is adequately stocked with beverages and snacks and other stuff. Prices are higher than average.

Yes, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JLEDC

It is always a pleasure for us to see great feedback about guest experiences at our property. We want to thank you for the wonderful compliments. I will be sure to inform my staff about your kind words.
You have brought to our attention some good points that are great for our fellow travelers to know. We have found that our guests call us directly from their cell phones for hotel pick up from the Airport and it is great advice to make sure to keep our number on hand to contact us upon arrival for our complimentary shuttle service. Regarding the internet, I want to apologize for the double charge that you had received while staying at our property. If you are already, or, would like to be apart of the Hilton Honors program, it has many great benefits while traveling; one being complimentary internet access throughout the hotel when you hit Gold and Diamond status.
I want to personally thank you again for your wonderful feedback and for using tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is showing its age. Situated next to high voltage power lines. When returning rental vehicle noticed within a mile there were two gentleman clubs. This is an industrial park not an area to walk around. No shopping and restaurants (other than hotel) within walking distance. No complimentary coffee in lobby. Free amenities are few. Tailored for the business crowd with large expense accounts. Close to airport and shuttle was reliable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple