“Great place to stay for a Dbacks game” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area

Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area
Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great place to stay for a Dbacks game”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here one night for a Dbacks game. A very safe five minute walk to the light rail system (very clean by the way) that drops you off right at the stadium. Room price was reasonable with free parking. Location and room were clean and breakfast was fine for a continental offering. Intend on staying here when I return. Front desk staff were friendly and genuinely interested in helping you see the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

When I had to book a hotel for my father and me near St. Joseph's for my mother's emergency operation, I hesitated at first to book with the Hampton Inn. Because the duration of our stay was indefinite, I thought this Hampton Inn wouldn't have accommodations sufficient for a long-term stay. I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the hospital, and I couldn't be happier about my decision to stay here.

First, when I called the hotel to book a room for my father, I explained that I did not have the necessary information to get the AARP rate, and Ofelia assured me that we would receive the rate when we could provide the info. My father said he checked in at about 5 AM with no problems, and when I arrived, Chuck was more than helpful in directing me where to go. As the days passed and we extended our stay little by little, Dee helped us find ways to move to more comfortable rooms and add days to our stay easily. Chuck and Dee also asked after my mother everyday and made my father and I feel so welcome.

The breakfast was really decent, both in the dining room and in the to-go bags. The warm cookies and fresh coffee were also great after a long day at the hospital. Our rooms had a microwave and fridge, and that's all we needed for our stay. If you stay late at the hospital, the security guards can drive you to the hotel. What an excellent visit!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hello,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write positive and wonderful comments regarding the Hampton Inn staff and the hotel. I am very glad to hear that we took good care of your family and you had an excellent stay.

We hope to have the pleasure to serve you in the near future.

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel as we pass through Phoenix on our way to California. I absolutely love the location. It is located right in the middle of dowtown Phoenix and in close proximity to several of our favorite restaurants. The staff is very helpful and always had a smile on their face. They provide free tea and coffee throughout the day and night along with some great soft baked chocolate chip cookies. The rooms are very clean and the bedding is very comfortable. The pool was also very clean and at a perfect tempature. We had no problems during our stay and really appreciated the free hot breakfast on our departure day. We will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. It sounds like everything was great and our associates took good care of you as well as maintaining the rooms and the property.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the very near future.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

A super find-not because of the hotel but because of the staff and location. Every member of the staff went out of their way to make our 1 night stay perfect. Fresh cookies, written directions to and from the Diamondbacks game, a shortcut to the airport, clean breakfast area...loved it!

The room was your typical hotel room-but it was clean and had everything I needed including a small fridge and free breakfast. 2 blocks away is the light rail into the downtown area-park your car at the hotel and ride it 5-10 minutes and I was right in the middle of everything I needed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We want to thank you for taking the time to write positive comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. We are centrally located and the Metro Light Rail is affordable and convenient. All of our rooms have microwaves and a mini fridge. We were also recently renovated just seven months ago.

We hope to see you back to stay with us in the near future. It is always a pleasure having you as our guest.

Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

This time it was my turn for surgery (deviated septum) at near-by St. Joseph's hospital. My husband is handicapped and unable to drive, so I was able to walk to the outpatient surgery center myself. Afterwards, because the hotel is practically on the hospital campus, a security guard drove me back to the hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel has only one room with a roll-in shower. We had reserved it, but the people who booked it before us did not leave, due to some sort of emergency. The management was very helpful to us, though we had only a bathtub/shower combo with bars, which is very difficult for my husband to use. They did provide a shower chair and also a very nice basket full of treats for us. We had to stay 2 nights, since we live over 100 miles away and I could not drive for 24 hours after my surgery. So thoughtful--the hotel gave us one night as a complimentary stay because I did not know the room I reserved was not available. With my help, my husband was able to take a shower, though it was rather difficult for him. Great breakfast, though I could not eat. My husband enjoyed it! Helicopter noise to/from St. Joe's is very loud. The rooms could be soundproofed. We would stay here again, but only for medical reasons. The entire staff was very pleasant to us, but the property needs some updating for handicapped clients.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We want to thank you for your comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. We hope your surgery went well. We apologize that the room with the roll in shower was not available during your stay. We often have unexpected stay overs due do some of our guests having surgery at the hospital.

we appreciate your positive comments regarding our entire staff and the breakfast. we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Phoenix area.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We needed to be here for medical appointments. The staff was super, great breakfast, more than usual. The food was fresh, and dining area kept clean and refilled. Coffee is always available in the little lobby. This is an obscure location, but convenient for the hospital. We found our room very clean and bed comfy. Stay on the opposite side from the hospital emergency room, it's more quiet. I am a light sleeper, but had no issues with noise during my stay. Try Switch restaurant, about 10 blocks away...great food and drinks.

Room Tip: Rooms on the far side of the emergency room are quieter
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
We want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the Hampton Inn Phoenix Midtown. As you know we are very close to St. Joseph's Hospital and Barrow. We always try to take special care of all our guests but especially those that are here for medical reasons.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Phoenix, but hopefully it is a pleasure trip instead of a medical visit.

Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Just returned home from 3 day/night stay @ Hampton Inn Phx/Midtown...Great location as you are close to any and everything...Room was clean..bed was comfortable..Had fridge and microwave as well..Aircon (Rm 426) was as loud as a Diesel engine of a F350 truck..Was prepared with ear plugs tho...Hotel is just across the street from St. Joe's hospital so at least 2x a night you will hear the comings and goings of the air evac helicopter..Made reservations on line and quoted @ $89 per night for 1 King Bed Non Smoking....Upon waking up last day i reviewed bill (that was slid under door) and saw that they charged me $99 per night....Went downstairs to talk to front desk clerk...When I told her the problem, she advised me that the State Rate was $99 for that room...I advised her that I did not reserve the room at State Rate and had copy of reservation that I had printed prior to my arrival..She then stated that she would change it since I had proof..Weeeeeeeeeeell im thinking that some 1 during my stay (mayb the gal who checked me in) saw that my credit card was a State Corporate card and made the switch based on the card itself..But the reservation clearly shows $89...Upon making the reservation last month I saw that the State rate was more expensive than regular rate so i made reservation on regular rate ($89)...Now if I hadn't looked and just left today, im sure I would have had a problem explaining this over the phone..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hello,

We want to thank you for your positive comments regarding the Hampton Inn and want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. First of all, we will follow up on the loud A/C unit in your room. We are next to St. Joseph's Hospital and sometimes the air-evac helicoptors take off and land.

We looked in to your reservation history and found that you did reserve the room at $89 and not $99 which was the government per diem rate. We go through each guests company name and saw you were with a Government agency. What happened was when we changed your local tracking to the GVT. code (which is what we do to track and produce history statistics) , the computer asked the front desk clerk if they want to change the rate to $99 or keep the original rate of $89. The clerk obviously hit the wrong button an we apologize for this. We just want you to know that in no way are we trying to over charge you and even if you did not notice it and called me, we would of found the same reservation history and corrected it for you.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have you as our guest in the near future.