“good best western”

Ranked #96 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“good best western”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

typical best western, nice and clean with decent service. good location with lots of nearby shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Kitscoty
Reviewed March 6, 2007

I stayed at the I-17 Metrocenter Inn on a Monday night. There were very few guests that night so believe that there were on a few occupied rooms on each floor. I didn't see any other guests until I went for the included breakfast. Even though the Inn is close to the busy I-17 the room I was in was quiet. Although the room was a bit small it was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Liked — Easy to find just off Interstate 17
  • Disliked — Small Room Size
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Metrocenter for 6 nights. The rooms were decent and the facilities were fine. One major problem we encountered was that our room cards failed to work every night we were there. We had to stop in at the desk and have them reactivated. We got varying reasons from each person we spoke with. We also had a problem with maintenance not fixing the shower curtain (an issue I reported to the front desk). The maid also failed to remove dirty towels several times. When I checked out and asked to speak to a manager, I was told she was on the phone. Obviously, they aren't concerned about customer satisfaction. I would recommend trying a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I was staying in town on business for a week. I checked in with no problem, the room was nice and clean. After the first night I placed a do not distub sign on the door, because I had valuables in the room. When I came back that evening the DND sign was still on the door and my room was completely made up. Evidently, that sign does not work. I had the same problem the next day, then eventually gave up.

I thought the service was terrible during my stay. I never got an answer other then, "I don't know" or "You have to talk to a manager", from the front desk. I asked the front desk one morning where the nearest post office was located. As you can guess the answer was "I don't know." He refused to help me find out or look it up. Come to find out, it is NEXT DOOR!!

About 6 nights into my stay they call me and wake me up in the morning asking me who I am, and go on to tell me that they checked me out 2 days ago, and had no idea who was in the room. They then check me back in at a much higher rate. The front desk did not care and told me I would have to talk to a manager. I tried that day, the day after, several phone calls after I left the hotel and never received an answer regarding an all the sudden new higher rate. Upon checkout I realized they were charging me the wrong rate the whole week!! I said when I signed the registration card it said the same rate as when I made the reservation, why do I have a new (almost double) rate? All the front desk said was I have to speak to a manager (evidently the one who is never there or returns my calls/message). Finally, at the end of my stay I was overcharged by $300. I contaced Best Western International and got my money back, but what a hassle.

I would not recommend this property to anyone staying in Phoneix. There are too many hotels to stay at, why bother with this one.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Fe
Reviewed September 18, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I am not sure if it is the time of the year or what but we ran into one glitch after another.
The first night when we settled into our room, we saw a HUGE cockroach on the wall! I mean huge like the type in Asia. It was disgusting. Called the front desk and the security came up immediately. He came with nothing and tried using the toilet paper to catch it ! And of course, it disappeared. Then he decides to go and get some spray at which point I am ready to walk out in my PJs. They gave us another room which they said was a newly renovated one. Did not look so to me. Early next morning when we tried to use the toilet, there was no water. Then my husband figured that the tap to the toilet was not open. But the toilet water ran once in a while after that making this annoying noise. Probably that is why it was shut off.

After returning from a long day of activities, we could not get into the room since our cards were not working (we had two). I had to go to the front desk and activate the cards again.

I have had breakfasts in places like La Quinta and Ramada and they are decent. They are not fancy but give a good basic filling one needs to start the day. I was expecting something along that line but it was very disappointing. The toaster was not working. They figured then that the outlet was not working. The sausages and eggs were plugged into that outlet. Therefore, there was no heat on them either, how long, I am not sure (health violation ?). They did not even have any fruits. Other than that, there was the normal items - coffee, juice, cereal, bread and waffle.

Close to the highway makes this place easy to get in and out. There are plenty of restaurants around.

That said, we will definitely not stay in this place again. The front desk guy told us that the place is being renovated and we got a renovated room. If they call this renovation, I am not sure how it was before. Find another place if you want a more comfortable (healthy) stay.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank Algood
Washington, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2005

Nothing fancy and a little run down. It is an okay place to stay, the neighborhood was safe. Okay place to stay if inexpensive ond ony spending the night.

4 Thank WAhiker