“Great Stay!”

Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #100 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This property is great! Very clean rooms and a great outdoor pool area with Jacuzzi! Right on I-17 so very convenient to get to any part of Phoenix. Bed was comfy and room was clean. I would totally stay here again next time on my visit to the city!

Room Tip: upper floor room, pool view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mmmduffser

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Just a quick overnight stay, but was a good experience. Clean, comfortable room. Good continental breakfast. Room was on the back side, so I wasn't bothered by highway noise. Good, easy stop on I-17 headed to Flagstaff and Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West could be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Overall my stay was good. I was satisfied with the cleanliness, appearance and helpfulness of the staff, especially for the price. It came time to check out and we had the worse experience of my life. Dealing with this person who was supposed to be a professional was beyond me. We asked her to check us out and she charged us an extra night, didnt care to explain the rate change, and she changed her reasoning 3 times. I am appauled Best Western would even hire such an obscene person.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Easy property to locate and has many amenities I look for when staying at a hotel. Must be clean, professional, comfortable, maintained, fridge, microwave, internet free, quiet. Be sure to ask not to stay on the frwy side if you are a light sleeper. I was in the back area and it was quite facing the pool area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed one night in late April. It's a convenient location north end of Phoenix if you're heading up to Sedona or the Grand Canyon. Front desk was friendly and efficient. Our room was big and clean -- and the price was excellent. The included breakfast was the normal fare but there was ample seating and things were kept clean and well-stocked.

Room Tip: The hotel is perpendicular to the highway so I don't think there are too many rooms near the hig...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Excellent Services at a reasonable price. Everything was neat and in order. The rooms were nicely appointed. The entire property well maintainned and centrally located. I plan ob returning as a guest in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our third - and last - stay at the Best Western Metro on North Black Canyon Hwy in Phoenix AZ. The place is showing its age and the staff seem indifferent. But what really burned my cork was the offhand manner in which we were snubbed, as follows: We booked the room two months in advance, planning to spend the night there after returning late that day from Mexico. We arrived tired and hungry after dark to find that our request for a ground-floor room close to handicapped parking had been ignored. We were told that ground floor rooms are always the first to sell out (but not two months ago, Come on!!). So we dragged our senior citizen butts upstairs, around corners, down corridors, dragging luggage in the dark. Never again. Goodbye, BW Metro!

The chain's online registration page has a free-text field to enter special requests, with a disclaimer that "...not all requests can be granted..." or words to that effect. So I suggest to the Management of Best Western: have your webmaster change the disclaimer to read "We reserve the right to ignore your special requests, even if you are long-time Rewards Club Members and frequent lodgers at our hotel. Frankly, we're not interested in your repeat business."

Room Tip: Travel north on the frontage road past this Best Western, and you'll find lots of newer, nicer...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple