“Good Value and Tasty Breakfast just off the Freeway!”

Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #106 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western to complete the STAY 3 GET 1 FREE promotion that I registered for back in February.

The Hotel is right next to Interstate 17 on the frontage road just north of NORTHERN AVENUE but getting into the parking lot is easy because you can enter from both sides of the hotel. Plenty of parking facing freeway and also on the swimming pool side which faces East.

Front desk gave me a room on the third floor facing the pool. I tried the complimentary Lemon water provided by the front desk. Refreshing. The elevator is fast and spacious for luggage. There is an ice machine on all floors.

My room was nice and big with two beds, each topped with many fluffy pillows. Also featured a microwave, fridge, iron and full size board, hair dryer, and all bath amenities including shampoo and soap. They will bring you more if you need it—like toothbrush and razor.

I found some Chinese food nearby but there is also Sushi next door as well as Burger King and Mexican food. Currently Northern Avenue is under construction so be aware.

I wanted to go out later but decided to stay in and watch HBO with my food instead. The flat screen TV features a lot of HD programming and a new EZ CLEAN remote that they disinfect for every new guest. There is a large dining table provided with 2 chairs.

Shower is nice and strong with plenty of hot water. Lots of large bath towels are provided, too. In fact, I showered more than once just to enjoy the bath features.

Breakfast is served in the lobby. There was seating available when I went down at 7 AM. Eggs, waffles, sausage, gravy, bagels, toast, yogurt, fruits, juices, etc. are some of the many items featured. I enjoyed my meal.

Overall, a nice hotel with EZ access to the freeway, yet I could not hear the traffic in my room. Breakfast is a bonus considering the low price I paid at BestWestern.com. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing swimming pool to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here one night passing through Phoenix. It's easy to find and well located next to a Denny's and various other eateries. Room was a good size, king bed was comfy, breakfast was great, lifts worked, towels were a decent size - a very pleasant & comfortable overnight stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway get a lot of afternoon sun and take a bit of cooling down. Expect to ha...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RhondaH628
CSaber, Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in the future.

Sincerely all the Staff at the Best Western
Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The location was adjacent to the the 17 fwy.
Easy access in and out of the hotel. The breakfast had a good variety of food. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Personally, there's LA fitness center right down the street and to me that was a big plus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CSaber, Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review and we very much look forward to having you return back to the Best Western.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff was wonderful. I was there March 21-22, 2013 for the Beth Moore Conference and the staff handled the pressure of having so many women converging upon the hotel at once with grace and smiles on their faces. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, everyone went out of the way to make everyone's staff pleasant and get us all settled in and enjoy our stay. The breakfast was wonderful and it seemed the staff kept up with the rush of everyone trying to eat before leaving on Saturday for the conference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy B

Thank you very much we appreciate your business and look forward to you returning back to the Best Western.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Forgot about the busy NASCAR, Spring Training weekend in Phoenix which left rooms and choices pretty slim. Second time at the I-17 MetroCenter Inn. This is a good size BW and I was surprised by just one employee at the front desk during prime check in time. He was capable and quick but sure could have used some help. This time I was stuck with a freeway facing room and really heard the noise. Rates were reasonable but increased 20% for the weekend days. Seems all of Phoenix was price gouging for the NASCAR crowd that was in town that weekend. Guess I should pay more attention. Location works well for accessing all directions. Did not partake in the breakfast offering.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't front the I-17.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Television was too low, could elevate it a bit. TV was set on the dresser/drawer. Maybe get a stand/cabinet for it. Breakfast area was very good. Did not use the swimming pool, weather was still cool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, definately March is the busiest time of the each and I am very sorry that you received a room on the highway side.

We have implemented covershifts to help on the busy nights.

Thank you for staying at the Best Western and we look forward to your return.

Sincerely