“Perfectly Satisfied”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #83 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 21, 2011

It couldn't have been more convenient! When I was unexpectdly re-routed to Phoenix due to weather, this hotel was my salvation. A late arrival was no problem, and I was whisked from the airport in a Cadillac Escalade (sweet!) direct to the hotel, where John, the night auditor was truly welcoming and solicitous. Plenty of hot water and a very comfy bed helped make me ready to travel again, especially in conjunction with the ample full breakfast that has helped make the Embassy brand so successful. Yes, this building is older, but on this, my second stay, I found the arrangement around the courtyard and pool charming all over again. I have stayed in Embassy all over the country and although some are older and some newer, I have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport

Reviewed February 18, 2011

My opinion of the hotel is quite neutral...nothing extraordinary happened, and nothing overly awful happened.

The hotel is quite old, though the rooms have been renovated to try and hide that. The water dial in the shower was backwards, the direction for hot was really cold, and vice versa. I really enjoy the suite-type hotels, so that was a bonus.

The Squaw Peak Cafe is only open for a couple hours at lunch time, and a couple hours in the evening. Not very convenient for an airport hotel - there isn't a lot nearby. I ordered pizza for room service the night I arrived, it was quite gross. Burnt, but still managed to have a very raw center. I don't recommend the restaurant at all.

The shuttle is handy and will take you to and from the airport (complimentary), and any place within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sandandfreckles
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Yes the hotel is old looking...probably the ugliest Embassy Suites I've ever seen. So don't be surprised when you drive up to the location.

Now the positives...the staff was amazing! One of the best I've ever seen. The bed was very comfortable. My room had new carpeting and two flat screens but the rest was very old. The managers reception is on the top floor of the hotel with a nice view of mountains and palm trees...we were able to enjoy the sunset every night.

This location has the best breakfast ever. The two guys that work here were excellent cooks and very funny too. It was like watching a tv show...they love to cook and it shows. I would stay at this hotel just for these two guys.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Antkneee
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We booked a stay at the Embassy Suites Airport for the BCS National Championship game in January 2011. As soon as we turned off the interstate, we knew we had made a mistake. The hotel is in a very run-down area and isn't close to anything that looks even remotely nice.

We did check in and walk up to see the room. Considering the age of the hotel, the room was pretty good. Clean, well-maintained and comfortable. Unfortunately, we couldn't get past the location and opted to check out. The staff was very nice and allowed us to pay the cancellation fee instead of the entire one night's lodging.

Be sure to do your homework and investigate the location to see if it's something that works for you. If it does, then you will find this hotel to be a clean, reasonable choice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The photos of the exterior pool on the website are absolutely accurate. The pool area is great, and there is an outdoor hot tub that was really the best part of the stay! Additionally, the guys at the front desk were incredibly helpful and friendly - couldn't have asked for better. We requested a 6am shuttle and it was right on time. We needed a place to eat Thanksgiving night, and were sent to a perfect Mexican restaurant. Finally, there is a bar on the top floor that has free drinks from 5-7. It was a nice way to wind down the day.
The rooms were fine - they would have been good, but there was curling wallpaper, chipped wood trim, etc. Towels, sheets, everything were clean, but the basic decor was a little dingy. Also, the internet costs $5/hour or significantly more per day - silly.
The neighborhood is commercial - Dunkin Donuts across the street. This was a fine place to stay the night before a flight.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed at this Embassy Suites because it was close to the office I was visiting. While the price was good, most of the hotel was pretty not worth it.

The rooms need updating and the bathroom sink is directly across from the bed, which is kind of odd.

One of my biggest complaints was the laziness of some of the staff. I got some snacks at the evening reception one night and after housekeeping cleaned my room the following day, they placed the plate outside my door on the ground. It then remained there until sometime overnight the following night! This happened two nights in a row. Frankly, I would prefer you leave the dish in the sink where I placed it instead of outside where I or someone else could accidentally step on it.

And one morning some type of fan was just outside my door as well and it also just sat there on the walkway until late that night.

They also had a water outage overnight, which didn't affect me, but I would have preferred that Hilton show this on their website at the time of booking, or when I checked in, instead of getting a flyer under my door at 8pm!

Staff at breakfast were incredibly nice and the pool looked nice though I didn't use it. The gym is brand new - quite a contrast to the rest of the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SFpol
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Service was not the issue. Hotel is in very poor condition. Rooms are very dated and not secure. Doors and windows are dirty, single pane and not sound or weather insulated. carpet, covers, sink, bathroom very dirty and repulsive. bathroom small and fan works only with the light. water was not hot enough, poor soap and shampoo selection. Poor towel and wash cloth. sink as outside the bathroom, in a vanity in the bedroom. small countertop, no space for toiletries, mirror was old and dirty, over sink light was down light so hard too your face to shave (or apply make-up I imagine). Close to the airport (kind of close I guess), Not all that close. bus runs every 30 minutes, breakfast was OK, but slow cook and I felt like I was in a high school cafateria. Bar tender was a nice guy, dirnks were fine. food in the bar was OK, not great.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business