“Unexpected stay at Embassy Suites ended up being delightful!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #79 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Warsaw, IN
“Unexpected stay at Embassy Suites ended up being delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

My friend and I had a cancelled flight and ended up needing to spend the night in Phoenix (which delayed our vacation starting one day). We chose the Embassy Suites for our one night stay and found the hotel to be nothing short of delightful.

The property was lovely. The pool was so nice with shady areas and lots of pool "toys" including things to float on. We enjoyed the pool a great deal! Our room was spacious and clean. The lobby was lovely and the eating areas very nice. But what set this place apart was the service. Everyone who worked here was friendly, funny, and welcoming. We ended up feeling not like our vacation was delayed in starting but like we had a mini vacation in Phoenix. From our airport pick-up to our airport drop-off the next day everyone was exceedingly helpful.

The suites have a shuttle bus and they are willing to take you anywhere within a five mile radius for free as long as they aren't doing an airport pick-up. We were looking for a place to get Indian tacos. The front desk looked it up for us, took us there to get food, and brought us back no problem. There is a manager's reception in the cafe each afternoon and we got free drinks and there were also snacks to eat. We went up there to wait for our shuttle to dinner and they just called the bar when they were ready to take us. The made to order breakfast the next morning was fast and delicious!!! The man cooking it up was adorable and came over to make sure our food was good.

I just don't have a word of complaint about this facility. I have no idea about the area we were staying in since we weren't there to sight-see but for a reasonable place to stay with excellent service - you can't beat this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

Don't be fooled by the name - it does not share the typical quality of an Embassy Suites

The rooms are good size with decent furniture but they smell and the carpets are old. The management and front desk service personnel are incompetent and really don't care about their guests.

As others have stated - the location is questionable - as were some of the guests. One of the nights we stayed there - the police (3 uniformed officers) were outside a room on the 2nd floor - with a guy sitting down outside the door. Not sure what was going on - and too afraid to ask.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank sbtraveler076
Statesville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

My family of 6 almost almost stays at Embassy Suites, and this one is different from any I have ever seen. I will end the review with some good points, so read on, but I'll start with the bad....

-It looks scary when you drive up (our first thought was, "This is an ES?")
-rooms are dark inside
-bathroom was tiny (I could stand in the middle and easily touch all 4 walls without moving)
-the bathroom is in the bedroom (whereas in most ES properties it is entered in the common area.)
-wallpaper was peeling in bathroom, ceiling was peeling in bedroom
-A/C barely worked (I'm not sure if it was really working at all but fortunately we hit Phoenix on a good weekend.)
-Carpet looked nice, but kids feet were black on the bottom within 5 minutes (so it wasn't so clean)

So, as not to be totally negative, here are my complements:

-staff was incredible at every turn
-workout area was top notch (but the ceiling was so low I had to slide out a ceiling tile to use the elliptical machine.)
-breakfast was good; no hot bar like some ES, but the cook was excellent and really kept the line moving
-the pool area was nice, with plenty of shade and well-supplied towels
-it was quiet at night

That all being said, I would not stay at this ES again. To the staff, I'm sorry for this review, but Hilton would be well-served to take their great staff to another location more in line with their ES branding.

I'll finish with my complaint about all ES hotels - charge a few extra dollars and give us free wireless. I think it's a joke that you can get free wireless at Comfort Inn but not at ES properties.

(sorry for typos, I did this on the plane )

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tkbocl
Hannibal, Missouri, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

If you are into stinky, dirty rooms, this hotel is for you. This hotel is obviously some sort of buy out of another as it's nothing like any ES I have ever stayed in. I think we could all agree that with Embassy Suites there is a level of expectations and this one is NOT up to ES standards. Upon opening the door (after multiple tries with the key) when it finally did open, the first thing that hit you was the indescribable smell. The rooms are dated, the carpet and furniture is mismatched and dirty, and the wallpaper peeling. The bathroom is microscopic and again, the smell is what really turned me off. I went to the front desk and asked if there were any remodeled rooms and the clerk "Edith" said they just remodeled the place a little over a year ago and all the rooms are alike. She did enlist a nice man to show me the room next door which did smell better, but appeared to be equally as worn and dirty. I didnt see the point in moving since my kids were already in the room next door. The man also admitted that some rooms smell better than others. My question to all these people would be "Why don't you do something to make all your rooms smell CLEAN rather than some smelling better than others?" She offered me an air freshener. If it were up to me, I'd leave and ask for a refund. But my husband is tired of driving so we are stuck here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kreskyhr
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Booked it via Priceline for a very inexpensive rate. First hotel on our trip this year to the Four-Corners-Region. Can only recommend the Hotel. Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms. Easy to reach from the airport. The area the hotel is located might be not too good - won't advise to head out for a walk in the evening. But the hotel itself is without a doubt highly recommandable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

All rooms in this hotel face the courtyard pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Hopefully they have left Happy Hour up in the bar and not tried to move it back down into the breakfast area again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

What this hotel lacks in location it makes up for with a very service-oriented staff and the best complimentary hotel breakfast I've had anywhere! The short order cooks are friendly at 7am and cook your breakfast to order. The room was comfortable and the bar has a nice view of the mountains surrounding Phoenix.
The cost for parking and immediate surroundings were not ideal, but this is a good hotel for a large group of people.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business