“Juan Castillo”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #83 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The room met all my basic needs, but it wasn't an exceptional experience as it usually is when I stay at an Embassy Suites. It's in an excellent location, five minutes away from the airport and 10 from Chase field. The rooms need upgrades, the furniture is old, the carpet needs to be cleaned, my 2-old son was barefoot for like 10 minutes and the palm of his feet seemed like he had colored them with a black marker.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your response and I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Embassy Suite in Phoenix was not quite up to the level I was expecting. It was an old building that I am guessing was not built as a Embassy Suites. The building looked worn as was the interior furnishings. It was clean, but very dated looking (late 70's). I did not care for the use of bedspreads as I've become used to the use of easily washed linens as bedspreads (I'm thinking bedbugs here).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I am terribly sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations.Thank you again for staying with us and I'd like to apologize again for the inconvenience. If I may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was more a family style place. Pool was always full of parents w/ kids.. hot tub was unlighted & dark. No quiet time outside at all,for work time or leisure. Happy hour was a disaster, to many children under 21. Poor selection of appetizers & only one bartender for 20+ people The dinner restaurant is the same place where happy hour takes place..your judgement call.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel property is not the shiny flashy "Biltmore" Embassy Suites and the suites are a bit smaller than the modern standard of new Embassy Suites. However, this property is well located near the 51 freeway and minutes to the downtown, airport, and shopping.

Breakfast was great. The nightly manager's "happy hour" is held in the fifth floor restaurant/bar space. The views of the mountains and valley were fantastic and the bartender's were fantastic. Wednesday nights bartender (Andy, I believe) provided great sight-seeing and restaurant suggestions. Melanie on Thursday night was another "A" team member. Things were super busy and she maintained a happy demeanor while quickly serving a nearly overwhelming final 30 minutes "rush".

fun and

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had been in Scottsdale for a week at the Doubletree and loved that resort. Anyways, we ended up at this Embassy Suites after our flight was cancelled due to the airport crash in San Francisco, CA. The airlines sent us to this location, so thought it couldn't be too bad.

Called hotel prior to leaving airport and asked when shuttle was coming and to request 2 rooms next to each other and close to lobby since my parents have hard time walking and it was a very long day of walking.
Was told my front desk lady (who said she was manager) that she couldn't look for rooms or give us rooms close to lobby until we arrived. Really...Other hotels put in request.

Shuttle picked up my husband, myself and my parents who are 87 and 89 years young. Anyways after spending all day long and the airlines sending all luggage to San Francisco we were happy to go somewhere and sleep a few hours prior to our 5:30 a.m. flight next day.

Pulled up to hotel and there was police cars out front with officers talking to guests who had drinks in their hands. My husband and I didn't even want to get out of shuttle as we didn't feel safe. Since my parents were with us, we couldn't get another hotel.

Went into lobby and the front desk manager was not kind at all. When we asked what was going on, she said to not worry that some of the guests called the police on their family members. Great! I then again asked about rooms next to one another and closest to lobby.

After 1/2 hour of checking us into 2 rooms, she put us on third flood in the middle of hotel...so a lot of walking.
She did give us bottles of water and toothbrushes since she knew we didn't have luggage with us.

Got to rooms and they smelled so bad, luckily my parents wasn't as bad and I had small travel size listerone in my carry on, so I sprayed. My husband went to check out our room, and he said he couldn't even stay in there for a second, because of the cigarrette smell.

He called down to front desk and they brought another key to different room. It smelled of smoke also. We called again and she offered us rooms at other end of hallway that was close to the elevator and front desk. (Why she didn't give them to us to begin with, don't know). Anyways, we declined moving since my parents were resting and I didn't want to be that far from their room.
Pool was below us and full of noisy, partying screaming people at 8:30 p.m.

It looks to me like the people that stay here, don't care about the rules of smoking in the rooms and this hotel can't control it. It's lower class.

I did get some ear plugs and sprayed room with my Lysol, took Benadryl and was able to sleep couple of hours.
At check out in morning, I asked if they had anything for breakast to go and they did put together bag with apple and muffin, which we didn't eat.

Too many other hotels in area that I would prefer to stay at.

Room Tip: Check out room prior to checking in as they smell like smoke.
1  Thank cuteandfun
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the issues that you encountered regarding the cigarette smell. Your comments will help us correct these issues as we're always looking to improve our overall guest experience. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

As others have said the hotel could use updating their furnishings but I found it to be more than satisfactory for the price paid. It was everything we needed, plus a few drinks and a fine breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend it or stay here again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The security for the hotel was not efficient. People were smoking pot in the parking lot, drinking beer by the pool with kids present, the noise level was too loud and the parking lot did not feel safe.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our hotel. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.