“Wonderful!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Every Embassy Suites I Have Stayed At Has Been Wonderful! Excellent Chain! The Place Was Very Well Kept Up! ThE Rooms Were Spacious And Clean! The Service Was impeccable! The Grounds Were Full Of Flowers And Kept Beautifully!

• Stayed: March 2013
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

For a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 older teenagers, the accomodations were perfect. Reading all the negative review had me wary when I booked, but am glad I did so. The Manager's reception was a nice escape for my wife and me; the kids really enjoyed having their own spacious room (we gave them the master suite with 2 queen sized beds) while the Mrs. and I had our own privacy.
Although the neighborhood was not necessarily the type that would allow a familiy for evening walks to restaurants or shopping, those areas are very close by and readily acceisble by car.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff greatly appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The people who work at this hotel are extremely nice. The breakfast was great but the lines were long. This Hotel would be a real disappointment to those used to nicer Embassy Suites. It is run down, the bathroom cramped, and the other guests were ridiculously loud. Zero HIlton Diamond perks other than free wifi which should be a given anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pbloomberg

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My flight was cancelled and United gave me a discount voucher to stay here and I really had a good time. All the staff was super friendly and helpful, starting with the van driver who stored a large box for me near the front door so I wouldn't have to lug it to my room. The suites are spacious and clean. There are no bars or restaurants nearby so I ate at the hotel. The food was well prepared and good. I particularly liked the breakfast, which is included in the room rate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff greatly appreciates them. I am glad to here that you have enjoyed your stay with us, even though it was not planned. We hope to have you as our guest again, but for a planned trip!!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was in town for a weekend conference with a friend, and I am sorry to say that I am the one responsible for booking this hotel. I read some reviews and looked at the pictures of the property and thought I made a good choice. When we pulled up to the hotel, my first thought was "Oops, we must have plugged the wrong address into the gps." Once I realized that this was indeed the hotel, I was so disappointed. If I had to describe it in one word: Skeezy. It's in a bad area and is really old and not updated at all. The rooms are the kind that open to the outside, like a seedy motel. My room was dirty and generally in bad shape. The front door was in dire need of a re-paint. It smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. There was hair in the bathroom and it was grimy. Popcorn ceiling and gross carpet. I never took my shoes off and didn't even try the shower. The door in-between the living area and bedroom was broken -- it wouldn't close because it was at a weird angle to the door jam. What else? The pool was questionable too. No way would I go in that water.
On the positive side:
The lady at the front desk was kind and friendly.
The breakfast was good. Really good. Best part of the stay.
All in all, there's no way I would ever recommend this hotel. I am offended by the fact that instead of cleaning up the hotel, they took pictures that were very well lit and angled to hide all the problems. And my room looked nothing like the pictures. Not cool. I have to question the reviews too -- fake?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rachel S

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I came to Phoenix for business. I stayed in the hotel 3 nights with a friend from my company. The location close to Sky Harbor airport is an advantage. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice swimming pool. Free drinks at the reception hall. The room was clean and fresh. Internet access was a bit slow. Breakfast was good. In general the hotel is recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Seriously! I'm in the business of food industry and the bartender/waitress "Melanie" is so amazing here! She was conscious of everyone around her, friendly, had an amazing sense of urgency and was so efficient! I would come back to this hotel for the 2 hour free happy "hour" because she made my experience and everyone else's really special! Hotel is nice too, pool is great!

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff greatly appreciate your kind comments. I will pass this on to Melanie. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.