“Friendly service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I came to Phoenix for business. I stayed in the hotel 3 nights with a friend from my company. The location close to Sky Harbor airport is an advantage. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice swimming pool. Free drinks at the reception hall. The room was clean and fresh. Internet access was a bit slow. Breakfast was good. In general the hotel is recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff greatly appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Seriously! I'm in the business of food industry and the bartender/waitress "Melanie" is so amazing here! She was conscious of everyone around her, friendly, had an amazing sense of urgency and was so efficient! I would come back to this hotel for the 2 hour free happy "hour" because she made my experience and everyone else's really special! Hotel is nice too, pool is great!

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff greatly appreciate your kind comments. I will pass this on to Melanie. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I took in 3 rooms during my 1 night stay before I was offered somwhere with a locking patio window which was reasonably soundproof.There's a lot of traffic noise if you're at the front of the hotel, so if this is going to bother you those rooms are best avoided.
Given the age, condition and location of the hotel, its eye-wateringly expensive.
Staff were cheerful and helpful, but I won't be back.

Room Tip: Insist on a room at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and I appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve the guest experience and I apologize that your stay did not live up to your standards. I hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is quite close to the airport (PHX), about 4.7 miles to the rental car return.

The layout is pretty, the manager's reception ("free" drinks) was fairly fast but the acoustics of the lounge were awful, very loud. Still, "free" drinks.

Fit and finish of the rooms was fine, there was a microwave, no utensils, but the rooms were about as expected in this branch of the Hilton family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and it was convenient for your travels. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. It is very dated and the price to value ratio isn't good. I have stayed in many ES Hotels and have always found them very nice and a good value; especially when traveling with the family. I think this hotel hurts the ES brand and i feel if you've never stayed at an ES hotel and stayed at this one for your first, you might not choose the ES brand again. However, on a positive note, i thought the staff was exceptional! They were very friendly, courteous and did their best to satisfy our needs. The breakfast was as good as any ES hotel however the dining area doesn't come close to any; once again, very dated.

1  Thank Sano888

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived at the location, and were quite aware the area outside the hotel is not a location we felt overly comfortable in. It was later at nite, after a drive from the G Canyon. hotel was as others have stated, older and would benefit from a redo of the building as well as the rooms. The grounds were lovely grown plants and such. We did not encounter difficulties with the compact bathroom, but felt the sitting area very underdone, it basically felt dirty to me. I couldnt sit in there. We were surprised at the $5 charge for parking when it was an open parking lot in as I mentioned a difficult looking neighborhood. The breakfast was great and easy enough access to the airport complex. We secured the room through priceline, so the room rate made the stay acceptable for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Only here for one night on a quick Phoenix trip. Beds were very comfortable and a suite is always a good option when you are traveling with another person who is not as early a riser as you are. The pool area was pleasant for enjoying the early March sunshine. Breakfast was excellent. Loved the shuttle service, we didn't have to move the car to go to dinner, excellent option.
It's a diamond in the rough, needs updating, but overall, a pleasant stay. Manager's reception was fun, but really, melon and beer nuts are not the best of appetizers, would be nice to see something a little more interesting. Top notch staff! Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. We hope to see you again.