“Great Staff, but hotel needs to remodeled.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #81 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed August 20, 2012

For the price, I suppose it was not bad. I have stayed in about 8 - 10 different Embassy Suites over the US. This Embassy Suites by the Airport is a much older building and could use a major renovatgion. The staff was prompt when we complained about our AC not working too well and our room was hot. The repair came within 5 mins and brought 2 big fans to cool off our room and fixed the problem immediatley. They offered to move us to another room, but we had already unpacked. As far as Staff ratings I give it 5 stars. As far as hotel decor and style, I give it 2 - 3 stars. It is out dated. The quality of the towels were not as thick as other Embassy Suites I have stayed in and they too were worn. The Hideaway couch bed was also not as thick as other Embassy Suites Couch mattress, I have stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

I want to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand guest suite presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well. I am glad to hear that our friendly and helpful staff were able to fix the issue you encountered with the air conditioning in your room and help to make your stay more enjoyable. I will share your comments with our team so that we can incorporate them into our plans as we continually work to improve our guest’s experience. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback about how we are doing; we would love to have you. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed last weekend, my daughter is a Hilton employee and got us a friends and family room, the night clerk Xerina, left a small basket with snacks and water and very special note welcoming my family to there hotel. What a nice touch Xerina, such a small gesture on her part, but made such a huge impact, and how nice that Hilton treats their employees family members so well. I work for an airline and we try to do the same. The room was immaculate, comfortable and most of all the friendly service was so genuine. This embassy suites rocks!

Room Tip: The staff accomadates travelers on the cooler side of hote. Very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am glad to see you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was a big part of it. We hope to see you and your family again in the future!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel and canceled it once I got there. The hotel seems to be in a sketchy part of town. I do not know this for sure, but based on the surrounding neighborhood, I decided it was not the right place for my family. We switched to the embassy suites Biltmore.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank whoop1995

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent visit to Phoenix. Please accept our sincere apology if you did not feel our property was a safe environment to bring your family. We want you to know that the comments like yours that we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. Please know that we have security measures in place to protect our guests’ safety and to provide you with the peace of mind you seek on a vacation. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in changing hotels last minute. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was asked if I would make comments on my stay at this hotel. I am using it for interviewing candidates for the Phoenix market area. Overall it is what you would expect from a room standpoint, basic. The staff was accomodating and friendly. Rachel was very helpful at check-in and was able to help me make additional copies of interview guides free of charge. I will say that I was dissapointed that between 9a and 5p there is no room service. The resturant only is open after 5p and room service is unavailable during the day. This makes it quite inconvienent if you want to have lunch. The local area resturants are limited within walking distance to Carl's Jr, a dingy looking Chinese Buffet and Jerry's Resturant next door which is a step above a 1 star. I will proabably not stay at this hotel again if flying in and out of Phoenix, nicer and closer hotels to the airport when available would be the best option for business travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us in Phoenix. I am glad to hear that our business office was able to help you with your needs as you conducted interviews on property. We strive to create a stress-free, relaxed, environment where guests can professionally conduct their business in the comfort of our amenities; I sincerely apologize if this was not your experience. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience and reviews like these provide insight. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by our limited dining hours and we will look into expanding them to better serve our day guests. I do hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area, so we can demonstrate the level of hospitality the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were traveling with small children and one got sick in the room. Bernarda took care of our problems and cleaned the room to perfection. Also Junior fixed breakfast each morning to perfection ( love those Mickey Mouse pancakes). We were approached by a Kimberly the next morning and ask how we were enjoying our stay . She also indicated if we needed anything we could contact her.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff greatly appreciates your comments. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My excellent service started and ended with the shuttle service . . . Joe, you rock!!!!! Your energy was welcoming with a refreshing sparkle! I'm looking for people like you to be on MY team. And Zarinah at the front desk always so calm, helpful and complimentary. Whoever is hiring the staff here is doing a great job.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for you review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have an A+ staff at our property and we all appreciate your wonderful comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just wanted to thank Alex for the great customer service. We also enjoyed the breakfast each morning! Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we couldn't beat the rate. WE will be back next year for another stay and trip to Chase Field to see the Dbacks play!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments on our staff, We greatly appreciates it. We will see you next year!!!