“Another Excellent Stay”

Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Ocala, Florida
“Another Excellent Stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed here 12/6-12/9 and everything was great. The experience was better than some other suites we have stayed in. The Squaw Peak Lounge has a great view and the folks that take care of you are superb. Food is excellent and drinks (free-Managers reception). Rooms were great too and up to date, no hunkie TV's here. Clean and well kept. Front desk staff top notch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
PHXlking, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the very generous comments concerning our hotel. Guests love the outdoor pool, the full cooked to order breakfast and nightly Manager's Reception. The fitness center is open 24-hours a day with state of the art equipment. I want you to know that I get very similar feedback from business travelers and leisure travelers alike as to our spacious and comfortable suites. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide to our guests,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The ugliest Embassy Suites, but the service from the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the restaurant employees are top notch! Rooms were very quiet, large and clean. The courtyard and pool area was very nice and the property is well maintained. A great location in midtown close to airport.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Fresno, California
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Our flight got cancelled so US Airways gave us a voucher where we received a hotel room for a discounted rate. We are Hilton Honors members and figured due to that, the Embassy Suites would work fine. I would say it served its purpose for this trip. The rooms are older yes, but spacious. The street is sketchy yes, and so are the people lingering around the hotel. I did feel safe once inside the room. The breakfast in the morning which was included was pretty good actually. The shuttle to the airport that was included as well was nice and arrived on time, friendly. The staff at the hotel were friendly as well. If you like 60/70's motif, this hotel is for you and its close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PHXlking, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2011

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 18, 2011

When I initially pulled in, I was a little upset that the building appeared to be dated and the area seemed a bit shady. Upon registering at the front desk, I was pleasantly surprised with the customer service I received. Each time I needed something during the course of my two day stay, the staff handled it quickly and with a smile on their faces. Also, my room was nice and updated. Breakfast didn't start until around 7 on the weekends, but there is a Jerry's restaurant next door that is open 24 hours. While I first vowed to never stay there again, I would most likely sacrifice the area for great customer service and return.

Newport Beach
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Hilton Hotels continues to slip. Embassay is one of their brands. Even being at one of the higer membership levels (Diamond) they still are unfair. I have a quaranteed reservation and we call earlier to let them know we will be late (having an event at what turns out to be another Hilton property Waldorf Astoria). Get to the hotel late and told because too late considered a no-show and they will charge credit card a cancellation penalty equivalent to the one-night. Now the real issue - they have no rooms so they are trying to keep the cancellation penalty and have resold the room. I have an early flight and want to be near the airport. After substantial complaining they agree to send me to another Hilton property (Pointe Hilton @ Tapatio Cliffs). Half hour later and no where near airport and a $45 one-way cab fare arrive (even though they are supposedly in receivership and broke the staff acutally is decent). Stay there over Embassay Suites. I would actually say stay anywhere else. Starwood, Marriott..

12 Thank johnson30
Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Extremely dated ES property, really needs a makeover...neighborhood is a little sketchy...! staff is very attentive, friendly and really tries hard...but unfortunately this property is a 3 dressed up as a 3...! Still not the worst ES I have been too, Palm Springs and Corpus Christi are way worse...!

Room Tip: choose a room in the rear, anything up close is right along Thomas and very noisy...!
2 Thank celsius99

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2011

EMBASSY SUITES/HILTON should be ashamed to have there name associated with this hotel. We stayed here prior to flying out of Phoenix and I did not sleep at all that night. I was scared to dead horrible neighborhood and poor security. Appears they have people living at the hotel on a regular basis as there were large dogs and some very scary people walking around and in the elevators. Room was so outdated and dirty and dust were blowing out of all of the vents in the room. I would choose another hotel if I were you, this has totally changed my view on Hilton Hotels - stayed at nice hotels for much less per night!!!! Cannot comment on the food as we did not stay long enough to try!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel - unless you are ok with dirt, mold and mildew and don’t want to get any sleep.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank rubbercitygal330
PHXlking, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry to hear you had a not so wonderful stay with us. We are pet friendly, so there are pets around the hotel grounds at times. As far as the condtion of your suite, it is unacceptable and the appropriate departments have been notified so the problems can be corrected. I have sent you a seperate email about your stay to help resolve some of the challenges.

Thank you again for your review!